Hi all,

I'm a blackberry rep in Canada (I won't say where just so they won't out me lol) and I absolutely love it. There were 50 reps hired in January for the BB10 OS launch and we've been demo-ing the Z10 and Q10 at carrier stores nationwide since that time. With the launches coming to a lull, our work has tapered off. However, I got a call yesterday saying that we were going to have steady work in August with another training session in late July. This is particularly interesting because the only two training dates before hand were that for the Z10 and Q10 devices (i.e., there wasn't training unless a new device was being launched).

Could this be the sign of a new device? At first, I thought it was the possibility of a new playbook, but that idea was nixed by Heinz today.

So what could it be? Q5? A10? Something new!?

Thoughts?
    06-28-13 12:24 PM
    Q5 already been confirmed to roll out through to end of summer. Canadian Teen Market is still an emerging smartphone market. its just the US that won't adopt the Q5 as it wont have any hope of selling
    06-28-13 12:55 PM
    Q5 already been confirmed to roll out through to end of summer. Canadian Teen Market is still an emerging smartphone market. its just the US that won't adopt the Q5 as it wont have any hope of selling
    When was a Q5 rollout confirmed for Canada? Link?
    06-28-13 01:03 PM
    Q5 would likely be launching before then in Canada. It's already available in some countries. We may not get it at all
    06-28-13 08:41 PM
    The A10 would make more sense. Come to the party before the iPhone 5S does.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:44 PM
    A BlackBerry rep who spells the name of the CEO improperly.
    Right.
    No wonder they can't sell BB10 devices.
    ATMJOE and Plazmic Flame like this.
    06-28-13 08:50 PM
    Right.
    Relax buddy, it's probably auto correct.
    Who urinated in your cheerios today?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:33 PM
    Right.
    If you were slightly educated on popular culture, you'd know that Heinz is a play on the famous ketchup and food brand. A lot of reps refer to him as Heinz as a joke. Apparently that was lost on someone produced from the New Jersey education system. Pity.

As far as the device, I'm unsure. We haven't been told what the device is yet, but reports are the Q5 wasn't going to be released in Canada. Perhaps it's the legacy BBOS device?
    06-28-13 09:39 PM
    If it was a Q5 or legacy device why would you need training again.
    06-28-13 11:20 PM
    If you were slightly educated on popular culture, you'd know that Heinz is a play on the famous ketchup and food brand. A lot of reps refer to him as Heinz as a joke. Apparently that was lost on someone produced from the New Jersey education system. Pity.

As far as the device, I'm unsure. We haven't been told what the device is yet, but reports are the Q5 wasn't going to be released in Canada. Perhaps it's the legacy BBOS device?
    Guess up north in the land of the igloo they know how to spell Heins (although I am sure as a close friend you call him Thor).
    I am glad they spell his name incorrectly and joke about him.

Certainly the results today indicate that your efforts ARE a joke. And you know no more about what device is coming than the man in the next igloo.

I am sure last week you were boasting about how great the quarter's numbers were going to be.
    06-28-13 11:26 PM

Hmmm
    06-29-13 11:09 AM
    Guess up north in the land of the igloo they know how to spell Heins (although I am sure as a close friend you call him Thor).

Certainly the results today indicate that your efforts ARE a joke. And you know no more about what device is coming than the man in the next igloo.

I am sure last week you were boasting about how great the quarter's numbers were going to be.
    Haha he doesn't "no more ", he "knows more".

Don't troll the guy, he's just providing insight.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:12 AM
    It's not training in the sense of learning new things, but they have to give us an overview on specs and physically giving us the device.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:38 AM

Haha big guy, I'm not even going to get into it with you. You're probably mad that you lost money on the stock.

I'm a proud employee and just wanted to let everyone in on what could happen in CANADA.

You want to make igloo jokes? Cool story bro. Let me know what it's like to live in a swamp aka New York's dumpster.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    06-29-13 11:40 AM
    Dont forget about the NDA you and your marketing company signed my friend

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:46 PM
    Dont forget about the NDA you and your marketing company signed my friend

Posted via CB10
    I'm merely speculating. There could just as easily be no new device
    07-04-13 03:56 PM
    Maybe sign of 10.2?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    nofiz likes this.
    07-04-13 04:22 PM
    Pretty please let it be a good BBOS device. I do not even care if it has a keyboard. Just want something I can answer before it goes to voice mail and is functioning and fast. Like we had before..... well except for the fast thing.
    07-05-13 10:20 PM
    Looks like the OP was right. Q5 coming to Fi do in August /September as per B1aze and mobile syrup.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 04:26 PM
    The A10 would make more sense. Come to the party before the iPhone 5S does.

Posted via CB10
    10.2 will not be ready but maybe they feel like they are behind the hardware curve?

Or BES training?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 08:53 PM
    NORTHERN PUPPY:

Upon your initial post, did you notice the total lack of commitment that the carriers gave to the BlackBerry demo phones? Personally, I visited many stores, booths, kiosks in the Vancouver, BC area and noticed that NONE had a proper BB10 phone to demo, just a dummy. Please bring this forth to BlackBerry when you go to training.

Oh yeah, there was (1) store that had to dig out a Q10, but the rep could hardly get to the icons screen....

This needs to change.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 11:49 PM
    NORTHERN PUPPY:

Upon your initial post, did you notice the total lack of commitment that the carriers gave to the BlackBerry demo phones? Personally, I visited many stores, booths, kiosks in the Vancouver, BC area and noticed that NONE had a proper BB10 phone to demo, just a dummy. Please bring this forth to BlackBerry when you go to training.

Oh yeah, there was (1) store that had to dig out a Q10, but the rep could hardly get to the icons screen....

This needs to change.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely man; I found this to be the case in several stores. One time at a Future Shop, the Z10 was on an end-cap with an HTC One, but neither would power on. Turned out the power source to that end cap was on needed a quick fix. The sales associates didn't even care.

When the Z10 first launched, there was some heavy resistance, especially from authorized dealers, because there were a fair portion of DOA units and/or associates didn't want to take the time to show the customer the new software, take them threw it (essentially spend more time with them). But with the DOAs (a lot of them were prior to 10.1), the associates thought that BB10 was just BBOS all over again. But, the most commonly cited issue I've observed other than price and consumer confidence is time. Sales associates want to make the sale, do up the paperwork, and send the customer on their way and never see them for two years. SAs b*tch and moan about the time it takes to explain BB10 to the customer and, worst of all, the time it takes to set up once the phone is sold. The "out-of-box-experience" as BBRY has dubbed it still takes too long according to the SAs. There's usually a software update (which may or may not take forever in-store because of the wifi) and no one cares to remember their BBID or wants to create a new one. Juxtaposed with Android or iOS, setup is simple, fast, and effective.

Sorry for the rant. Going back to your post, it's a two part problem. Authorized dealers have to pay for their demo unit, so a lot of them don't want to shell out the cash. But I do find just a general apathy toward dummy units, particularly Z10s. I also think the phones should not be in demo mode as customers don't care for that, they just want to navigate through the phone as they would if it were theirs.
    mujahid 10 and Bacon Munchers like this.
    07-09-13 10:04 AM