10-14-10 06:09 PM
33 12
tools
    09-30-10 03:59 PM
    Smart move. That thing was going to be a huge rip-off, IMO.
    09-30-10 04:03 PM
    i still wanted OS6, a better camera and wifi :/
    09-30-10 04:05 PM
    Yep I agree.
    09-30-10 06:01 PM
    This makes my day. Hopefully this means the true Storm3 will be here sooner than later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 06:03 PM
    10th topic on this in an hour....

the rumor is not false, the 9570 is axed.

heard it from the inside last week.
    09-30-10 06:03 PM
    Fubaz called it. I was interested in the 9570 but RIM has been raked over the coals for their refresh mentality. It is a good PR move. Now Fubaz, any of those inside sources talk about if and when the next real storm will be landing at Big Red?

09-30-10 09:46 PM
    Here's what i am finding hard to swallow over this whole ordeal. Last year in December there was a storm three already in hand quoted from poster.

"the rumors have been churning and low and behold the Storm 3 is a real device. I only had about 5 minutes with the device and I could not take pictures or notes. There is also some information I cannot state as to protect the innocent.

The first thing I noticed about the Storm 3 is how much thinner it is then the 9550. Think iPhone thin. It also felt considerably lighter but I did not have enough time to break out my triple beam. There were reports from bbleaks that the boot up time was much faster and indeed it is. I counted to myself and it was 20 seconds from the time I pressed the on button to being fully powered up. Let me discuss the screen for a moment. It is the best screen I have ever seen. The color and resolution is fantastic. Compared to the Moto Droid sitting next to it, blew it out of the water. The UI is different. I cannot get into specifics, but Storm 3 does widgets 

Something else I noticed was the speed of processor. I don't know what is under the hood but it was smoking fast even with the beta OS being used. It beat the Droid on every task I threw at it. Hands down the fastest phone I have used.

Now here is where it got cool. Adobe flash was incorporated into the browser and I have to say I was super impressed. Compared to mobile safari, this is better. Full desktop quality rendering of pages. While it looked better pages rendered slightly faster on the iPhone 3GS but faster than the Moto Droid. Another nice addition is tabbed browsing. It is implemented very cleanly into the browser UI.

The camera has been upgraded and is rocking a 6MP beauty. Photos I took on it were fantastic. Available RAM has been increased to 512mb, a nice bump for sure. I wasn't able to see what the SD card was so I have no idea there.

IMO this phone outperforms the Droid in all areas except for available apps (BB APP World is still very small)."

Where did this phone go? How did a year pass with now such device being released?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by flexor; 09-30-10 at 10:07 PM.
    09-30-10 09:59 PM
    Stides, they did say there is definitely something in the works.
    He was more interested talking about the 9000 with a touchscreen and the testing of snapdragon processors.

09-30-10 10:05 PM
    Stides, they did say there is definitely something in the works.
    He was more interested talking about the 9000 with a touchscreen and the testing of snapdragon processors.

Were dates mentioned about anything that was discussed? LTE?
    09-30-10 10:16 PM
    Here's what i am finding hard to swallow over this whole ordeal. Last year in December there was a storm three already in hand quoted from poster.

"the rumors have been churning and low and behold the Storm 3 is a real device. I only had about 5 minutes with the device and I could not take pictures or notes. There is also some information I cannot state as to protect the innocent.

The first thing I noticed about the Storm 3 is how much thinner it is then the 9550. Think iPhone thin. It also felt considerably lighter but I did not have enough time to break out my triple beam. There were reports from bbleaks that the boot up time was much faster and indeed it is. I counted to myself and it was 20 seconds from the time I pressed the on button to being fully powered up. Let me discuss the screen for a moment. It is the best screen I have ever seen. The color and resolution is fantastic. Compared to the Moto Droid sitting next to it, blew it out of the water. The UI is different. I cannot get into specifics, but Storm 3 does widgets 

Something else I noticed was the speed of processor. I don't know what is under the hood but it was smoking fast even with the beta OS being used. It beat the Droid on every task I threw at it. Hands down the fastest phone I have used.

Now here is where it got cool. Adobe flash was incorporated into the browser and I have to say I was super impressed. Compared to mobile safari, this is better. Full desktop quality rendering of pages. While it looked better pages rendered slightly faster on the iPhone 3GS but faster than the Moto Droid. Another nice addition is tabbed browsing. It is implemented very cleanly into the browser UI.

The camera has been upgraded and is rocking a 6MP beauty. Photos I took on it were fantastic. Available RAM has been increased to 512mb, a nice bump for sure. I wasn't able to see what the SD card was so I have no idea there.

IMO this phone outperforms the Droid in all areas except for available apps (BB APP World is still very small)."

Where did this phone go? How did a year pass with now such device being released?

that is a good question, i wondered that long ago before the "refresh" idea came about. Jlevy has been quiet on the scene lately so im not sure he is around to provide details of this phone. But many phones come and go without making it past the R&D phase or whatever. that device might have been what the 9800 evolved into also. you never know
    09-30-10 10:24 PM
    that is a good question, i wondered that long ago before the "refresh" idea came about. Jlevy has been quiet on the scene lately so im not sure he is around to provide details of this phone. But many phones come and go without making it past the R&D phase or whatever. that device might have been what the 9800 evolved into also. you never know
    Correction: I think you meant to say "that device might have been what the 9800 devolved into..."

09-30-10 10:34 PM
    I hope the 9570 is cancelled... I mean RIM is preparing a new LTE device that should run an OS something like the Playbook (speculation of course) that would come out early 2011 (so 3 months after a brand new Storm is released, another one pops up).

OS6, to me, seemed like a stepping stone for RIM ... it seemed to be nowhere near the new Android OS or the Iphone iOS4 ... but this new QNX OS that is featured on the Playbook seems really interesting!
    09-30-10 10:54 PM
    Man, I was really hoping an updated Storm with 6.0 was coming out in the next few weeks so I can make the jump back to BB. Looks like I'm stuck with my droid until at least early next year.
    09-30-10 11:02 PM
    wow, this is really funny. im glad this refresh bs has finally bit them in the arss.

but, i also thought that carriers have a big say in the phone design. what happened?
    10-01-10 12:00 AM
    wow...someone at vzw actually has some business sense....shocked
    10-01-10 01:44 AM
    Makes sense. A refresh is something you do with a proven product, and the Storm wasn't a success.
    10-01-10 02:51 AM
    if they had the refresh last november, it would have been a different story. in 2010/2011 the 9570 would have been a joke. whats the point with that 4g slab coming out in early 2011? wasted devices..
    10-01-10 08:44 AM
    I am disappointed RIM deep-sixed the 9570; I was looking forward to upgrading!
    10-01-10 08:46 AM
    maybe it means VZW is getting the Torch?! nah...
    10-01-10 10:19 AM
    maybe it means VZW is getting the Torch?! nah...
    They also supposedly axed the 9670.....they aren't digging what's coming out of waterloo these days....can't say I blame them....

10-01-10 10:29 AM
    For all Storm owners pain and suffering they should drop the 9520, 9530, and 9550's peroid and ship the 9570 for all warranty handsets or exchanges. And to replace 9550 phones in stock everywhere for future replacement phones and or sales.

10-01-10 02:44 PM
    A refresh is something you do with a proven product, and the Storm wasn't a success.
    I couldn't agree more! Well said.
    10-01-10 03:06 PM
    that is a good question, i wondered that long ago before the "refresh" idea came about. Jlevy has been quiet on the scene lately so im not sure he is around to provide details of this phone. But many phones come and go without making it past the R&D phase or whatever. that device might have been what the 9800 Devolved into also. you never know
    There...fixed it. lol
    10-01-10 03:47 PM
    if the device is there and available with the amount of s1 and s2 owners out there, when a valid warrant claim comes about replace with this phone. os6 BB phones only one and torch and one two other possible models. big gamble for such a promiseing os. why risk someome leaving blackberry for android. its gonna be more of the mases now than its been. even if an LTE BB comes out Q 1 2011 were waiting 5 months or etc. sure some people maybe just due, will be due, or past due for a upgrade like myself. Ive been available since March for a upgrade. Ill held in for the phone specs i heard about all along. Now let down.

10-01-10 08:58 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD