05-18-13 07:23 AM
81 1234
tools
    Nothing under 5.5" is phablet for me.
    Bahrutile and vp8 like this.
    04-30-13 06:18 PM
    They need to launch a device that is ahead of the other phones on the market... can't hope to perform in a market with a device thats 6months to a year old on the tech side when it releases and scratch your head when it doesnt sell as well as the phones that are double the specs and more...
    If you expect BB to leapfrog other companies then you are living on another planet, they did not go android because they wanted to avoid the spec arms race so thinking they will go with bb10 and uber specs is stupidly unlikely.

Saying that, it would be a slight shame if we saw a 5" 720p display on the next device even if it would sell due to some people wanting the combination of a large display and bb10.
    04-30-13 08:11 PM
    If this is a Sprint exclusive, somebody's gonna catch a serious beat-down.

Side bezel is almost non-existent. Like another poster stated, I'd camp outside for this like an iFool.
    04-30-13 08:30 PM
    I wouldn't consider anything under 5-5.5inch a phalet. This is a smartphone with a ****ton of RAM lol. May need to upgrade early.
    04-30-13 08:34 PM

Side bezel is almost non-existent. Like another poster stated, I'd camp outside for this like an iFool.
    The iFools will be camping out next summer apparently http://bgr.com/2013/04/30/iphone-6-r...arger-display/

If BB can release this thing by Xmas 2013, it would be a huge boost to their sales, and possibly lure those iPhone users wanting a bigger screen.
    04-30-13 08:36 PM
    I would like a phablet. This is generated only because I plan on having both the Q10 and the Z10. I love to chat and email on the physical keyboard, but the full screen is great for Web browsing.

QWERTY phablet... PLEASE.

Blackberry Faithful
    Plazmic Flame and Sexy Sadie like this.
    04-30-13 11:55 PM
    There is absolutely zero chance of Sprint getting an exclusive, they are locked into that iphone contract that would stop them putting in a big enough order to make it worth BB's while.
    05-01-13 07:00 AM
    It doesn't look a brick to me

Attachment 154929
    I check in this thread once a day to gaze upon this.
    05-01-13 08:44 PM
    I keep asking myself why are the specs so ridiculous??? The only answer I can come up with is this beast is going to do things no smartphone has ever done. I smell innovation

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    05-01-13 09:06 PM
    4GB RAM!!! Will the ton of memory help in system performance? Or it is needed for smooth 1080p resolution?
    05-01-13 11:17 PM
    I keep asking myself why are the specs so ridiculous??? The only answer I can come up with is this beast is going to do things no smartphone has ever done. I smell innovation
    You missed the more obvious answer that they are simply made up by a blog seeking hits.
    05-02-13 07:11 AM
    I would like a phablet. This is generated only because I plan on having both the Q10 and the Z10. I love to chat and email on the physical keyboard, but the full screen is great for Web browsing.

QWERTY phablet... PLEASE.

Blackberry Faithful
    That would be sweet.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-02-13 03:27 PM
    QWERTY PHABLET FOR THE WIN!!!!

Blackberry Faithful
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-02-13 09:49 PM
    What the holy h*ll is the OS that's supposed to be running on that imaginary device based on that screenshot? Android????
    05-05-13 02:03 AM
    You missed the more obvious answer that they are simply made up by a blog seeking hits.
    We'll see soon enough. With all this talk about mobile computing I don't think it's much of a stretch as u think to believe that more than 2GB of RAM will be needed. I'm cautiously optimistic lol. If it's true though, I think it could really draw some android users
    05-05-13 03:30 PM
    We'll see soon enough. With all this talk about mobile computing I don't think it's much of a stretch as u think to believe that more than 2GB of RAM will be needed. I'm cautiously optimistic lol. If it's true though, I think it could really draw some android users
    I know more iUsers interested in BlackBerry 10 than Droidbots.

Blackberry Faithful
    05-05-13 04:01 PM
    I know more iUsers interested in BlackBerry 10 than Droidbots.

Blackberry Faithful
    Well there you go lol...this device has infinitely more potential of attracting users from other platforms than the Z10 in my opinion if these specs hold up.

Hopefully BB has plans of some innovative software to go with that 4GB of RAM...
    05-05-13 07:33 PM
    Heins is going to be announcing something at BlackBerry Live, possibly multiple things. One could be a dev device for a model slated to be released later this year. The Sprint all-touch device gives that away.

I hope that BlackBerry uses premium material for this next device. One of the knocks against the Z10 was its body and composition. Imagine an OS like BB10 on hardware like the iPhone's or the HTC One's! Also, the specs would have to be up to par with at least the latest iPhone at the time. There's no way Apple or BlackBerry will compete with Android OEMs in the spec race, so for me it's all about real-world performance. This is where Apple and BlackBerry shine. That doesn't mean that BB has to stay conservative, though. Give that phone the best display on the market! And, like others, I'd like to see the charging port moved to the bottom. Using the phone while it's plugged in is a bit awkward, as is actually using as a phone.
    05-05-13 07:49 PM
    It doesn't look a brick to me

Attachment 154929
    Where did you happen to find that picture ?
    05-05-13 11:55 PM
    Where did you happen to find that picture ?
    It's a fan made mock up.

Blackberry Faithful
    05-06-13 12:02 AM
    I told myself I wouldn't get a phablet. Well I'm gettin it! This is the one I'm getting, if the specs ring true ( lol), a long ways off yet, but I like it. Will be my Christmas present to me. hahaha...
    05-06-13 01:23 AM
    Heins is going to be announcing something at BlackBerry Live, possibly multiple things. One could be a dev device for a model slated to be released later this year. The Sprint all-touch device gives that away.

I hope that BlackBerry uses premium material for this next device. One of the knocks against the Z10 was its body and composition. Imagine an OS like BB10 on hardware like the iPhone's or the HTC One's! Also, the specs would have to be up to par with at least the latest iPhone at the time. There's no way Apple or BlackBerry will compete with Android OEMs in the spec race, so for me it's all about real-world performance. This is where Apple and BlackBerry shine. That doesn't mean that BB has to stay conservative, though. Give that phone the best display on the market! And, like others, I'd like to see the charging port moved to the bottom. Using the phone while it's plugged in is a bit awkward, as is actually using as a phone.
    That would be awesome.
    05-06-13 06:27 AM
    That would be awesome.
    Durability is not kept in mind when designing an iPhone.

I also feel that the device feels narrow. It doesn't sit in my man hands as well as the Z10. I wasn't even thinking about how the Z10 would sit in my hands, but then picking it up, that was my initial thought.

Blackberry Faithful
    05-06-13 08:38 AM
    Durability is not kept in mind when designing an iPhone.

I also feel that the device feels narrow. It doesn't sit in my man hands as well as the Z10. I wasn't even thinking about how the Z10 would sit in my hands, but then picking it up, that was my initial thought.

Blackberry Faithful
    I loved the harware on the iPhone, the new HTC ONE looks nice too.
    05-06-13 02:00 PM
    I loved the harware on the iPhone, the new HTC ONE looks nice too.
    I used to, but now when I pick up an iPhone 5, it feels like I am taking an enormous step backwards.

Blackberry Faithful
    05-07-13 12:43 AM
81 1234