05-18-13 06:23 AM
81 1234
tools
    Kevin said this like a week ago:

The 4.65 of the original Aristo rumor got scrapped and replaced with a 5"display. Or so the whispers go... but not a tablet. Definitely a phone.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and Geeoff like this.
    04-26-13 08:39 AM
    I find this hard to believe for one reason: resolution. The resolutions were standardised at 720x720 and 720x1280, so I think there'll be other bits of information we get before we see this device... I guess time will tell, but I remain skeptical.
    As long as the keep the same 16:9 aspect ratio it will not be a big issue going from 720x1280 to 1080x1920
    Thunderbuck and SDTRMG like this.
    04-26-13 08:46 AM
    As long as the keep the same 16:9 aspect ratio it will not be a big issue going from 720x1280 to 1080x1920
    I had a brief look at the issue shortly after I posted this, and it seems you're right! I still have my reservations about it, but if BB did provide greater choice for existing and potential customers, then I would be all for it!
    04-26-13 09:13 AM
    I don't know, at 4.6 this really isn't in the same field as the Notes

I'm really hoping for a 5" screen. Nothing less to go against the Android bests out there.
    True, but it's a bigger screen on a BlackBerry!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-26-13 11:10 AM
    True, but it's a bigger screen on a BlackBerry!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    And that's mean a lot for everyone hehehe.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:54 PM
    BB should just cut to the chase: 5" @ 2560 x 1440, then they're "done". The low end models could stay at 1280 x 720 and eventually screens at 1280 x 720 will be so cheap that they can really hit the bottom of the market and still give the full BB10 experience.

Also, once the processing power gets sufficient, I'd like to see support for SVG (vector) graphics to draw screen components other than the typefaces, even if the software pre-renders pixels for everything the first time the app is run... when that happens, then screen resolution is irrelevant: the screen assets will be rendered by the app on the target device, and, so long as the developer put in stretchy bits, it'll all look like buttuh.
    bizzyqu likes this.
    04-26-13 12:56 PM
    And that's mean a lot for everyone hehehe.

Posted via CB10
    After using the Z10 for month?!? YAH BABY!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    04-26-13 12:56 PM
    Thor ****ed around and managed to ship a milli Z10s
    Thor da GAWD

;;-)
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-26-13 12:59 PM
    After using the Z10 for month?!? YAH BABY!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Same with me. Need bigger BlackBerry 10 screen to satisfy my need for mobile blogging.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 01:03 PM
    I hope they will bring out a beautiful device. They need to drop the plastic and move the charging port to the botton of the phone.
    Given that the antenna is on the bottom, I am more than happy for a company to not move the usb port there since it is more than likely going to have a negative impact on antenna performance for negligble real world benefits.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-27-13 04:43 AM
    The issue is probably more about whether they feel the need to do so at this time, other than for spec posing there is little benefit to it, you reduce the brightness of the display and you lower battery life, so I could very easily see them skipping that jump to 1080p with their first large-screen device since that one is going to attract buyers who specifically want a larger device more than those who think they need 1080p.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-27-13 04:47 AM
    o_0 you have got to be **** ****** ****** me. Holy ******* ****. Can't wait.
    04-27-13 09:29 PM
    Well.......there goes my wallet

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:43 PM
    hmmm,,, Sprints' all touch "non-Z10" device??? i can hear all the "Z" owners on vz & att screamin' now...
    04-27-13 11:29 PM
    Definitely will be coming with a bigger screen as stated by Kevin M.

My thoughts though are on a QWERTY Phablet.... hmmm....
    04-28-13 11:27 AM
    Personally I don't like phablets. I believe in one or the other. My Z10 is a good little phone with being so new so I can't fairly judge it against OS' that have had a lot longer to develope and perfect.

The idea of a phablet is exactly what T.H. was talking about when he sid mobile computing. He has said that they arnt going to push the PB anymore due to Apple owning that market. If those specs are true then it is true mobile computing! Ditch the laptop, tablet, and phone and make way for the phablets. Best of all world's just is the world ready for them?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 05:13 PM
    THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!

Ok BB what do you want, a kidney, first born child....name it and I'll give it lol. I need this device. I'd prefer a 4.7" screen but id be willing to try 5" screen as well.

On a more serious note, wow, these specs are absolutely ridiculous. Wonder if it'll be the snapdragon 600 or the newer 800 processor (which goes into production very soon if I'm not mistaken). Also 4GB of RAM....if that's true it makes me wonder if BB is actually planning to release this device with software that will actually take advantage of such specs. Either that or they are future proofing the **** out of this device lol
    JAGWIRE and Rezia like this.
    04-28-13 08:03 PM
    They are not future proofing anything, these are just made up specs from a site looking for hits.
    04-29-13 04:39 AM
    If they can fit all those specs into the phone pictured, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat
    Hahahaha...hold on..

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 05:16 AM
    I personally think that BlackBerry needs to have a device in the 5"+ "phablet" category simply because it is the largest trend in the market right now and BlackBerry isn't Apple.

BlackBerry SHOULD have devices that appeal to different segments of the market. Want a great single handed experience in a compact phone? Buy a Z10. Want the BEST physical keyboard in existence today? The Q10 is your phone. Want an inexpensive social focused phone? The R-Series will be right up your alley. Want a great big phone with high end specs to show all your friends your ballin'? The A-Series is going to be your first round pick.

That's one of the big differentiators between Apple and BlackBerry. Apple says you want an iPhone. BlackBerry listens to customers and has their eye on where the market is heading to deliver a family of products that will appeal to different users.

We don't need to bicker about whether the Z10 or the A-Series or the Q10 is better. They are all going to be great for the market segment they are aimed at. BlackBerry isn't trying to be Samsung and cover every 1/4" increment in screen size with 50 different phones, but they also aren't trying to be Apple and tell users that one phone is the perfect phone and that's all there is to it.

BlackBerry seems to be targeting a well rounded line up that covers the market's biggest segments. That's a good thing. So if a 5" phone isn't for you. That's cool, there's these other great BlackBerry's as well. But if you're in the market for a big screen, it's good to know BlackBerry wants your business as well.
    04-29-13 10:25 AM
    Don't think it will happen at that high of a resolution.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 01:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    It had better be 1080P though. It does not matter what they have said about standardizing resolutions in the past. They need to be nimble and see where the market is headed and this is definitely the year of 1080P smart phones in the large size category.

I'm sure BlackBerry would not take the A-Series back to the drawing board without the goal of AT LEAST matching the Samsung Galaxy S4 for specs since the A-Series is a Q4 2013 device.
    04-29-13 11:27 PM
    $15.74 in premarket!
    04-30-13 07:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why? They can't release such a high end device with a 720p screen. I hope they don't give people any silly reason to dismiss this device
    04-30-13 12:17 PM
    They need to launch a device that is ahead of the other phones on the market... can't hope to perform in a market with a device thats 6months to a year old on the tech side when it releases and scratch your head when it doesnt sell as well as the phones that are double the specs and more...
    04-30-13 04:58 PM
81 1234