10-28-19 05:02 PM
79 1234
tools
    Make the rules, I am game!
    An Alcatel KEY3 with a keyboard by BlackBerry..... would be possible.

A BBMo KEY3 with full BlackBerry Android Secure.... would be a long shot at this point.

Odds will improve slightly once PIE hits the KEY2 - but we get to October and no PIE.....

A March device release... we should start seeing some activity in the Sept - Nov time frame. So really only a few months... If nothing shows up, the odds for March 2020 will go way down.
    07-29-19 02:27 PM
    Agreed!

I got the KeyOne and Key2 as an eraly buyer - my Key2 now has major spacebar issues.

Guess with the (maybe to come) Key3 i'll wait a bit.

Posted from my P'9983
    You could wait 6 months to a year, but there's a chance you'll be getting new old stock (happened to me when I ended up getting a launch model Xbox 360 in late 2007 even though the HDMI model had already come out).

The best solution might be to wait until they make a red edition or bronze edition or something and order that. That way you know you're not getting new old stock.

That holds true with most "new" things.

Samsung has had their fair share of oops moments... Note 7, and now Folding Screens.
    One Note out of nine is a higher success rate than the TCL BlackBerries. As for their folding screen problems, the product hasn't come out to the public. Those problems only affected models that were sent out to reviewers.
    macterp likes this.
    07-29-19 06:06 PM
    my Key2 now has major spacebar issues.

G
    Send it for warranty repair or get this

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F323826291842
    but don't stay with a defective spacebar, I'd go absolutely insane
    07-29-19 09:44 PM
    I've been a BlackBerry user since the 7520 and I sure hope somethings comes through soon, my space bar on the KEYone is going out.
    If the KEY2's price doesn't drop (not paying $650 for a year old phone), I will be looking for something else.

Please BBMo, give us some sort of date to look forward too!
    One side of my spacebar popped up. I epoxy it back and I have no problems after. If u didn't lose any piece, I suggest u give it a shot. Nothing to lose.
    08-11-19 07:46 PM
    One side of my spacebar popped up.
    Wow, what the hell?
    08-11-19 11:21 PM
    Wow, what the hell?
    Don't worry about it. They run the numbers and decided it was better to use less adhesive! You see, they buy it bulk and can probably save a drum of two so the risk of a falling key vs. the savings of a drum full of adhesive is well worth it for them.
    John Albert and the_boon like this.
    08-11-19 11:30 PM
    October 32nd UK / November 31st USA

JUST IN TIME for Hebrew Christmas in the Eastern Hindu Buddhist tradition.
    gouger05 likes this.
    08-12-19 08:57 AM
    October 32nd UK / November 31st USA

JUST IN TIME for Hebrew Christmas in the Eastern Hindu Buddhist tradition.
    Source? ..or just speculation?

My Key2 is still doing fine but I would love to feel a bit more certain there'll be another new flagship-level QWERTY BB coming for when it does start to lag!
    08-14-19 08:48 PM
    Source? ..or just speculation?

My Key2 is still doing fine but I would love to feel a bit more certain there'll be another new flagship-level QWERTY BB coming for when it does start to lag!
    My cousin Vinny
    08-14-19 09:04 PM
    We usually hear of a phone coming out months before it comes out. So i don't think the Key3 is before 2020 and TCL said they don't want to come out with a model each year. Key1 sale figures had surfaced but i've never seen Key2 sale figures. That's not a good sign. I loved the Key1 and key2. The Key2 camera is atrocious but otherwise it's a great phone. But i'm with some of the others in the group. I'd give the Key3 50% chance of existing based on poor Key2 sales i presume and small market. Did you guys see the Titan though? Looks like a passport but it's water proof and dustproof. Kind of cool. Bring on more kwerty keyboard phones.
    08-24-19 11:38 AM
    So, then I moved on to a Priv, tried the KeyOne, and KeyTwo, and none of them really seemed mainstream so to speak. My IT people despised the BlackBerry, even though it was an Android OS. I am still using the Priv now, but I so handicapped, it's barely functional as a smartphone/PDA.
    I can't understand why anyone -- much less a corporate user with resources -- would still cling to a Priv in 2019. I'm not a flag-waving BlackBerry fanboy, but for goodness sakes, just get their latest model (a Key2) and enjoy the improved specs, including the RAM and battery life. My old Priv is sitting in a box because I assumed that it was impossible to sell in this day and age. Moreover, it was their first in-house foray into Android, and widely acknowledged as a mistake. I'm stunned that a business user would cling to it over a KeyOne or Key2. Just make the switch.
    08-31-19 11:41 AM
    I can't understand why anyone -- much less a corporate user with resources -- would still cling to a Priv in 2019. I'm not a flag-waving BlackBerry fanboy, but for goodness sakes, just get their latest model (a Key2) and enjoy the improved specs, including the RAM and battery life. My old Priv is sitting in a box because I assumed that it was impossible to sell in this day and age. Moreover, it was their first in-house foray into Android, and widely acknowledged as a mistake. I'm stunned that a business user would cling to it over a KeyOne or Key2. Just make the switch.
    Thankfully we live in a place where we don't have to do what the next guy tells us to. If the phone meets the users needs and his IT people say it's ok to use, then what do you care. I know allot of law offices use BB exclusive, different variants. It's hard to imagine that with no more security updates for the Keyone, my Classic is probably more secure than that device.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-19 12:56 PM
    Thankfully we live in a place where we don't have to do what the next guy tells us to. If the phone meets the users needs and his IT people say it's ok to use, then what do you care. I know allot of law offices use BB exclusive, different variants. It's hard to imagine that with no more security updates for the Keyone, my Classic is probably more secure than that device.

Posted via CB10
    The security through obscurity argument? I believe it’s been explained in other threads, since BB10 is running ART 4.3 plus that it’s not being actively developed that it’s own security is somewhat lacking in probable areas.

While I share your agreement that someone can use whatever they want, I believe the reply was to specific complaint that PRIV was “handicapped, barely functional as smartphone/PDA” and implying the KEYone or Key2 isn’t any better which is sheer and utter nonsense.
    08-31-19 01:07 PM
    We usually hear of a phone coming out months before it comes out. So i don't think the Key3 is before 2020 and TCL said they don't want to come out with a model each year. Key1 sale figures had surfaced but i've never seen Key2 sale figures. That's not a good sign. I loved the Key1 and key2. The Key2 camera is atrocious but otherwise it's a great phone. But i'm with some of the others in the group. I'd give the Key3 50% chance of existing based on poor Key2 sales i presume and small market. Did you guys see the Titan though? Looks like a passport but it's water proof and dustproof. Kind of cool. Bring on more kwerty keyboard phones.
    The key to price point was way too high for what came on the phone. Middle of the road processor inferior camera. That’s why the phone didn’t sell as well as it should. The price point should’ve been a lot lower
    09-05-19 08:12 PM
    The key to price point was way too high for what came on the phone. Middle of the road processor inferior camera. That’s why the phone didn’t sell as well as it should. The price point should’ve been a lot lower
    So what do you carry now and what’s it cost in your locale?
    09-05-19 08:21 PM
    I would love to have a Key 2 .... I don’t really care about the camera -the Key2 doesn’t work on my provider and I’m not changing providers for the phone - I need Verizon coverage in my area. I can go to an LE - but have been holding off as long as I can for word on Key3 .... and 5G - but I may have to act sooner .... most people care about the camera and processor - for a few extra bucks you get a much better camera and stronger processor .... I care more about business communication
    09-05-19 08:28 PM
    Is blackberry 3 getting launched this month
    No word out yet from BlackBerry themselves, does this mean its out?
    My priv is 3.5 yrs old now. The battery is aging and the phone is always hot when I use it
    09-05-19 10:33 PM
    I was personally tired of waiting got a galaxy note 10 plus and install the bb hub and services on it love it I set my 2click power button to open the hub
    09-05-19 10:35 PM
    I was personally tired of waiting got a galaxy note 10 plus and install the bb hub and services on it love it I set my 2click power button to open the hub
    Great looking phone...
    09-06-19 10:41 AM
    Put the priv in battery savings mode.
    Maybe even replace the battery.
    Or if apps are eating away resources, disable what you DON'T use. Pretty easy.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    09-07-19 10:40 PM
    I hope they will come with a new phone soon. The battery of my KeyOne now only lasts half day and the space bar started to give some problems a month or so ago. If I replace the battery, the back of the phone and the keyboard I would have replaced like what? 25% of the phone?
    09-30-19 06:24 PM
    I am less optimistic on a new phone as you would’ve heard something in the rumor mill or a filing of a new phone as we have in all the years past. There has been absolutely nothing being talked about regarding a new BlackBerry device that I have heard
    09-30-19 06:41 PM
    If jonesing for a new PKB, get a Key2 or Key2 LE for now since that may be it.
    tliolos and herbersh like this.
    09-30-19 06:48 PM
    This guy briefly mentions the K3 at the 1:45 min mark. Can someone translate?

Sagara14 likes this.
    10-05-19 12:22 PM
    It's not anything of substance. All he says is something to the effect of "if the Key3 comes, it's unlikely to have 5G, but who knows how long we have to wait for it."
    10-09-19 06:29 PM
79 1234