10-28-19 05:02 PM
79 1234
tools
    Is blackberry 3 getting launched this month
    No word out yet from BlackBerry themselves, does this mean its out?
    My priv is 3.5 yrs old now. The battery is aging and the phone is always hot when I use it
    I've been using a Priv for years with no issues at all. Last year, I bought a Key2, which I sold after 2 weeks because of the wobbly spacebar. I hated it.

Now I am using a Key2 LE, which I really like, BUT I miss the capacitive keyboard, specially when typing. Having had a Passport and a Priv, it's annoying the fact that I can't swipe left to delete a word or swipe up to select a word from the suggestion-list.

My advice: wait for the Key3 (or for a hypothetical Priv 2). Neither the Key2 nor the Key2 LE are the best devices right now.

If you cannot wait, get a LE. It's cheaper and lighter than the original one, and has a more solid keyboard, but you will probably end up getting a newer model because it is not capacitive (as I will).

Sent from my nice and temporary Key2 LE...Any word on BlackBerry Key 3 launch date?-img_20190722_201525_807.jpeg
    07-24-19 03:34 AM
    I've been using a Priv for years with no issues at all. Last year, I bought a Key2, which I sold after 2 weeks because of the wobbly spacebar. I hated it.

Now I am using a Key2 LE, which I really like, BUT I miss the capacitive keyboard, specially when typing. Having had a Passport and a Priv, it's annoying the fact that I can't swipe left to delete a word or swipe up to select a word from the suggestion-list.

My advice: wait for the Key3 (or for a hypothetical Priv 2). Neither the Key2 nor the Key2 LE are the best devices right now.

If you cannot wait, get a LE. It's cheaper and lighter than the original one, and has a more solid keyboard, but you will probably end up getting a newer model because it is not capacitive (as I will).

Sent from my nice and temporary Key2 LE...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190722_201525_807.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	445363
    As someone who has owned several KEY2's and currently typing this on my Red one, yes BBMo has improved the spacebar on whatever units were produced on or after March 2019, no matter the color.
    These improvements should absolutely have been there since launch though, but they are here now. The only problem is finding those new batch units. Apparently there are new China models which were built in June 2019 and I confirmed with an owner of one of them on Reddit that his spacebar was not wobbly.

That said, I also own an Atomic LE and Black KEYone, and sometimes I change between the three.

The LE's keyboard is just fine, but the KEY2's is just so much more comfortable. Once I got used to the larger keys and clickiness, it felt a bit strange for me to go even 10% smaller to the LE, let alone 20% smaller to the KEYone.

If we're talking new batch KEY2 or even older batch with solid spacebar, I can say that the typing experience remains superior on the KEY2 overall.

But the LE does have an edge, which is first of all, there are no "bad" units, and second, it's a lighter device which makes for even more comfortable longer typing sessions.

And for what it's worth, I would never bother to type this much on glass.
    07-24-19 10:00 AM
    As someone who has owned several KEY2's and currently typing this on my Red one, yes BBMo has improved the spacebar on whatever units were produced on or after March 2019, no matter the color.
    These improvements should absolutely have been there since launch though, but they are here now. The only problem is finding those new batch units. Apparently there are new China models which were built in June 2019 and I confirmed with an owner of one of them on Reddit that his spacebar was not wobbly.

That said, I also own an Atomic LE and Black KEYone, and sometimes I change between the three.

The LE's keyboard is just fine, but the KEY2's is just so much more comfortable. Once I got used to the larger keys and clickiness, it felt a bit strange for me to go even 10% smaller to the LE, let alone 20% smaller to the KEYone.

If we're talking new batch KEY2 or even older batch with solid spacebar, I can say that the typing experience remains superior on the KEY2 overall.

But the LE does have an edge, which is first of all, there are no "bad" units, and second, it's a lighter device which makes for even more comfortable longer typing sessions.

And for what it's worth, I would never bother to type this much on glass.
    Would be cool if someone offered replacement keyboards from the new batch... but I suspect most those on the market today are the older ones.
    07-24-19 10:03 AM
    I bought mine in 2018. Now I feel like an all day sucker. I wouldn't mind the wobbly unresponsive spacebar too much if it wasn't for the problem it developped after a few months were it continuously resets itself.
    07-26-19 09:44 AM
    Feel the same a bit.... Mine has a wobbly space bar - can work with that. But since some weeks pressing it on the right side will not make a space 100% of the times (more like 50).

I bought mine in 2018. Now I feel like an all day sucker. I wouldn't mind the wobbly unresponsive spacebar too much if it wasn't for the problem it developped after a few months were it continuously resets itself.
    07-26-19 11:42 AM
    Wobbly is different than unresponsive.

The latter being the worst possible thing coming from a $649 "premium" device which launched just over a year ago (meaning it hasn't seen something like 3 years of hard use yet).

My OCD levels are so high when it comes to PKB's that I had to get a Red one for the improvements even though I prefer the more discreet Black and Silver.

You can still try to get a recent build but aside from Chinese models, I just don't know where to find one.
    Maybe the Black ones from Amazon eventually.
    07-26-19 11:52 AM
    Is good to know blackberry still going on for mobile. Im just switch to key2 from iphone x. I hope my key2 is not the last phone with pkb. Any word on BlackBerry Key 3 launch date?-img_20190727_001746_259.jpeg
    07-26-19 12:29 PM

Sent from my nice and temporary Key2 LE...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190722_201525_807.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	445363
    What kind of themes and icon pack you use? Is so nice.Any word on BlackBerry Key 3 launch date?-img_20190727_001746_259.jpeg
    07-26-19 12:31 PM
    Yes unresponsive is way worse than wobbly.

The Key2 LE of my wife has a rock solid pkb - but I still wanna use the Key2. German 'Gewährleistung' doesn't cover none-100% responsive pkb. No replacement Form me ;-)

Posted from my P'9983
    07-26-19 03:09 PM
    Wobbly is different than unresponsive.

The latter being the worst possible thing coming from a $649 "premium" device which launched just over a year ago (meaning it hasn't seen something like 3 years of hard use yet).
    You are correct. The space bar on my one didn't wobble at all but it was unresponsive. I guess I could have bought a red edition. I quite like the colour but after the screen falling out of my Key1, the unresponsive space bar on my Key2, followed by the problem of it resetting itself every few minutes, which could not be fixed with a factory reset, I began to have serious doubts about TCL's ability to manufacturer a reliable device and bought an Oppo.

My Passport and Classic are slow and don't have the latest Android runtime but at least they both still function. TCL have dropped the ball. If they ever make a Key3, within a few months we'll all be talking about some other vital component that keeps failing. I'm beginning to think buying a BlackBerry from TCL is like buying a Rolex from Canal Street - Unreliable and not made by the same brand.
    Paulelmar18 and John Albert like this.
    07-28-19 09:29 AM
    You are correct. The space bar on my one didn't wobble at all but it was unresponsive. I guess I could have bought a red edition. I quite like the colour but after the screen falling out of my Key1, the unresponsive space bar on my Key2, followed by the problem of it resetting itself every few minutes, which could not be fixed with a factory reset, I began to have serious doubts about TCL's ability to manufacturer a reliable device and bought an Oppo.

My Passport and Classic are slow and don't have the latest Android runtime but at least they both still function. TCL have dropped the ball. If they ever make a Key3, within a few months we'll all be talking about some other vital component that keeps failing. I'm beginning to think buying a BlackBerry from TCL is like buying a Rolex from Canal Street - Unreliable and not made by the same brand.
    But TCL did show us that they are capable of building reliable hardware:

KEYone Black/Bronze

KEY2 LE

The above two devices are generally free from issues

So they CAN make them well, they just haven't been fully consistent in doing so
    07-28-19 10:30 AM
    I'm beginning to think buying a BlackBerry from TCL is like buying a Rolex from Canal Street - Unreliable and not made by the same brand.
    THIS!
    John Albert likes this.
    07-28-19 11:30 AM
    But TCL did show us that they are capable of building reliable hardware:

KEYone Black/Bronze

KEY2 LE

The above two devices are generally free from issues

So they CAN make them well, they just haven't been fully consistent in doing so
    If they're not fully consistent then buying their next device will be a gamble.
    Paulelmar18 and John Albert like this.
    07-28-19 10:23 PM
    Completely agree! A company that doesn't engage with their audience is unsure of themselves...
    gamegurl likes this.
    07-29-19 01:11 AM
    What kind of themes and icon pack you use? Is so nice.
    Hi, the icon pack is called "Lines" (+ nova launcher)
    Chun9 likes this.
    07-29-19 03:12 AM
    Completely agree! A company that doesn't engage with their audience is unsure of themselves...
    BlackBerry during their good days (under Mike and Jim), hardly ever acknowledged their "audience". But they did provide enterprise with roadmaps of what & when to expect things. But they ignored the CrackBerry Fanbase....
    07-29-19 10:11 AM
    BlackBerry during their good days (under Mike and Jim), hardly ever acknowledged their "audience". But they did provide enterprise with roadmaps of what & when to expect things. But they ignored the CrackBerry Fanbase....
    And look where they ended....
    07-29-19 10:30 AM
    And look where they ended....
    Oh I agree it's a poor way to do business... just BlackBerry never was ran to caterer to consumers. Back in those days, it was the carriers that were really the face of BlackBerry. They did the marketing, the warranty support, the deals and specials.
    07-29-19 11:55 AM
    Agreed!

I got the KeyOne and Key2 as an eraly buyer - my Key2 now has major spacebar issues.

Guess with the (maybe to come) Key3 i'll wait a bit.

Posted from my P'9983
    07-29-19 12:31 PM
    Agreed!

I got the KeyOne and Key2 as an eraly buyer - my Key2 now has major spacebar issues.

Guess with the (maybe to come) Key3 i'll wait a bit.

Posted from my P'9983
    That holds true with most "new" things.

Samsung has had their fair share of oops moments... Note 7, and now Folding Screens.
    07-29-19 12:34 PM

Samsung has had their fair share of oops moments... Note 7, and now Folding Screens.
    Yeah but Samsung, unlike BlackBerry Mobile fully stand behind their product...

Not sure about any of you but I am still experiencing capacitive keypad issues, more than a year after I purchased the device.

No need to rehash the story, most here are familiar with it; the point is that companies that care for their customers ensure they have good experience with their product but alas, we are a captive audience and the captors are a company that could care less about their customers it seems...
    07-29-19 12:43 PM

Fine - still no argument for me to repeat my fast buying.

Which of course I will repeat as I'll forget my intentions once (the possible) Key3 is out......

Posted from my P'9983
    07-29-19 12:50 PM
    As I have said many times, we'll know next year at MWC!Any word on BlackBerry Key 3 launch date?-screenshot_20190729-102431.jpeg
    07-29-19 01:27 PM
    Ready for a bet?
    07-29-19 02:01 PM
    Ready for a bet?
    Make the rules, I am game!
    07-29-19 02:04 PM
79 1234