04-11-13 01:01 AM
42 12
tools
    I would suspect that once Blackberry is able to compete with everyone else's tablets in subscription based media & adds BBM...
    ...Then they could easily enter the tablet wars and do well - no Netflix or Hulu = no more Blackberry Tablets.
    03-12-13 11:31 PM
    My guess:

Q10
    Z10

Then:
    Blackforest (9-10" tablet)

Then for xmas season:
    Full Screen slider (via patent)

Then:
    Next gen Z10 (Aristo)
    Next gen Q10 (???)

Next gen Z10 and Q10 get more memory and bigger battery along with quad core CPUs.

I think the next gen Z10 will go to full 1080p for no other reason than the competition is going there. It is stupid to do this but competition will require it.
    I think that with the q10 coming out later than originally planned along with the american carriers being slow with the z10, that whole 6 devices thing will be gone as well by now as they will want to avoid cluttering things up too much.

Out of your list, I doubt we will see the slider (doesn't expand the bb10 audience enough), a new q10 (who needs higher specs if the OS doesn't need them and they just reduce battery life on the workhorse) and the more recent comments on the tablet make that one unlikely.

I think from the leaked photos that we are certain to get a lower end qwerty model at some point after the q10 and then in time for the holiday season we will get a z11 with a larger display and possibly they will skip 1080p for that one as they have made a point about not fragmenting the app situation right away.
    03-13-13 04:23 AM
    My thought also. I don't think the Z10 is the flagship model. I think there will be some lower end models but also another "Z11" type super flagship to coincide with the super tablet coming out later.
    03-13-13 09:56 AM
    For now the z10 clearly is the flagship, the next model isn't going to be out before the xmas period after all.
    03-13-13 04:02 PM
    I think that with the q10 coming out later than originally planned along with the american carriers being slow with the z10, that whole 6 devices thing will be gone as well by now as they will want to avoid cluttering things up too much.

Out of your list, I doubt we will see the slider (doesn't expand the bb10 audience enough), a new q10 (who needs higher specs if the OS doesn't need them and they just reduce battery life on the workhorse) and the more recent comments on the tablet make that one unlikely.

I think from the leaked photos that we are certain to get a lower end qwerty model at some point after the q10 and then in time for the holiday season we will get a z11 with a larger display and possibly they will skip 1080p for that one as they have made a point about not fragmenting the app situation right away.
    BlackBerry aren't going to change an established road map based in a little delay.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:04 PM
    It is all about time to market though, they need to expand the audience for bb10 as quickly as possible which means adding options that do that, but have to be careful not to overload receptive markets by releasing too many products e.g. they might have intended to launch both qwerty and all-touch in lower tier products this year but will now just do one rather than both and similarly with the q10 being about 2 months later than expected (april instead of feb) it might result in them only doing an all-touch at xmas to avoid releasing an upgrade only 6 months later.
    03-14-13 05:18 AM
    Yes it's coming out in Sept in time for school

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-14-13 03:30 PM
    The BlackBerry road map said Q3. So still 5 1/2 months until we see it.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:36 PM
    03-16-13 12:09 AM
    I really think BlackBerry is in on the tablet front, and they should be.

The PB, for all it's gripes, showed that BlackBerry has some aspects nailed. The gesture interface is perfect for a tablet, the speakers are placed just right and sound incredible. The 7" for factor is easily portable (and you don't feel nearly as 'nerdy' holding it to record a video).

Honestly, I would be extremely disappointed if they didn't put out another tablet. Whether it's a PB 2, or named something else, is irrelevant. Just stay in the game and improve upon what was weak with the PB and you have a winner.
    03-17-13 01:42 PM
    i'd love to have a 10" tablet with a keyboard option that would sync seamlessly with my z10... i wouldn't need to stay in the office hooked to my laptop anymore... *wishing very hard* haha...

Posted via CB10
    AntL85 likes this.
    03-17-13 02:16 PM
    That is exactly what I am looking at, a notebook package Blackberry in sync with the Z10. The 7" is great and all with a keyboard, but I'm not a fan of the netbook form factor and for its size I rather use my phone over it when on the go. At the desk on the other I prefer the 10" with a keyboard for actual use.
    03-18-13 01:42 AM
    I'm with those that think the 10 inch tablet is too big, or at least for me it is. The current 7 inch is a bit too small for me as well. I'd prefer an 8 inch tablet with a case that can house a bluetooth keyboard. That would be perfect for the office and play. I have a hard time believing BB would not be building this right now, holding their lips closed until its ready. How could they not if they want to be a leader in mobile computing??
    03-18-13 04:21 PM
    03-18-13 04:39 PM
    “We have a very clear road map. The company will launch six additional new devices in 2013,” said Al Mefleh and added that the PlayBook will be in addition to these six new devices.

According to other sources, the company might first release a BB10 update to the existing BlackBerry PlayBook and then release this all-new tablet, probably a 10-inch model specifically built to run BB10.
    04-03-13 01:45 PM

According to other sources, the company might first release a BB10 update to the existing BlackBerry PlayBook and then release this all-new tablet, probably a 10-inch model specifically built to run BB10.
    I wish you are right...

Update this tablet it's priority... then another tablet maybe 9'

They could create a desktop software, try to compete with mac, windows and ubuntu .

If they want to get more blackberry fans they have to sold cheapest blackberry
    04-08-13 09:12 AM
    I won't buy another tablet unless they improve on what we use it for.

They keep saying tablets and automotive. If a tablet can replace my stereo. Plug into the car to relay car data. All this in existing cars then I'll buy.

Other then my playbook is good enough for a Kindle reader. And my Z10 does everything else

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:01 AM
42 12