04-11-13 02:01 AM
42 12
tools
    Any word on the current status of the Black Forest and rather it will get a key board or not?
    02-23-13 05:22 PM
    not
    going
    to
    happen
    02-23-13 05:26 PM
    It
    Better
    Happen.
    gng11 likes this.
    02-23-13 06:10 PM
    The
    last
    Rumour
    I
    heard
    said
    it
    will
    happen
    in
    the
    fall
    02-23-13 06:55 PM
    Nobody wants a 10-inch tablet. Apple admitted their folly and released a 7-inch tablet after the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    02-23-13 08:54 PM
    A BlackBerry Black Forest netbook style? With a detachable bluetooth keyboard? Bridging capabilities?
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-23-13 09:04 PM
    As BB has to concentrate on BB10 sales,,, It would be really suprising to see them deviate of the lauching of the various smartphones.... Launching a tablet would definately take away from the current BB Plan... seeing the tablet market is so hard to make money I would be surprised if BB even tried.....
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-23-13 09:25 PM
    Yeah, all things considered, it may not even happen now. But who knows
    02-23-13 09:34 PM
    Not now please! yes in 6 months to a year. depending on how things go with BB10 phones!
    And not a table but something a bit different!
    02-23-13 09:42 PM
    Nobody wants a 10-inch tablet. Apple admitted their folly and released a 7-inch tablet after the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Lots of people want a 10-inch tablet, but many cannot afford one. The only thing that Apple admitted was that it was full of s**t that 7-inch tablets are DOA. However, I personally personally think that 7.9 inches is a better size for a mini-tablet over a 7 inch one. Samsung is going to release an 8 inch tablet and I think there is going to be a move to this slightly bigger screen size for mini-tablets.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-24-13 03:26 AM
    If and when they do actually release a new tablet, I have a strong feeling it will not be called Playbook anymore. The Playbook brand is hurt, and since BlackBerry abandoned the previous devious names. i.e. Q10 vs Bold, I think they are going to rebrand this device.
    bizzyqu likes this.
    02-24-13 03:30 AM
    The first Kindle Fire was very much inspired by the PlayBook, but I hope any future BB tablet would take a leaf out of Amazon's book and avoid the 10" display for their larger tablet especially if they are going with a widescreen ratio, something like the 8.9" display of the KF would be a much more comfortable option than a bulkier 10.1" model.
    02-24-13 08:38 AM
    I want one
    02-25-13 11:46 PM
    Would it come with a keyboard? I doubt it, unless a separate one was sold for it, like the first Microsoft Surface. I'd like a bigger version of my PlayBook, maybe like someone else said, an 8.9" tablet like one of the Kindle Fires. I've had my PlayBook since May 2011, and I still use it everyday and really like it. It is one of those things that you don't know how much you need it until you have it for a while and realize how often you use it for random things.

I hope any new BlackBerry tablet has a killer screen and a flash for an 8 megapixel camera. I also hope the back is like the Z10 or some variation of the current soft touch back. And I'd really like to see it have a vibrate feature for games and for typing. Some of the Android tablets have this feature and I like that about them a lot.
    02-26-13 01:42 AM
    it will happen as long z10 and q10 are financial success.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    02-26-13 03:44 AM
    p10 baby!!
    02-26-13 03:06 PM
    Here's a bit of an update, I guess. Not sure how accurate it is.

Http://www.cogonews.com/bbry-researc...ablet/124537/#

In spite of the disappointing sales with Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) or BlackBerry, Playbook, the company is now evaluating if it should give it another shot into the increasingly crowded tablet computer industry.
    Head of the mobile computing business at RIM, David J. Smith said that the company is evaluating future tablets and how it can keep on playing in the tablet business. Smith said that BlackBerry is keen on the tablet market, even though it is a very challenging industry. He is sure that customers would like to see a variety of products.
    Is BBRY a Strong Buy After The Recent Retreat? Let’s Find Out Here
    Smith recently oversaw the PlayBook tablet team of BlackBerry. He would not explain any further on to the extent the new tablet plans of the company have gone or whether it is close to make any declarations. He finds the tablet industry pretty competitive and has noted that very few device manufacturers are making any profit by selling tablets.
    Samsung introduced an 8-inch tablet, the Galaxy Note 8.0 at the Mobile World Congress that started in Barcelona on Monday. The tablet is scheduled to go on sale sometime in the second quarter. The tablet will be rivaling directly with the iPad Mini of Apple that comes with a 7.9 inch display.
    On the other hand, Hewlett-Packard has announced that it will make a tablet computer, operating on Android, making a shift from the Microsoft’s most-recent tablet-oriented version of Windows. Microsoft has also made efforts with own tablet hardware in Surface tablet form.
    Smith said that the present BlackBerry PlayBook that had started selling in 2011 and came in a new version a year back, able to connect to the fourth generation data networks, will be upgraded to operate on the new BlackBerry 10 operating system.
    BlackBerry PlayBook has not been successful in making a strong impact on the international tablet market, with regional exceptions like in the UK.
    02-28-13 06:30 PM
    not
    going
    to
    happen
    They
    told
    you
    this
    personally
    did
    they?
    Sue Donym likes this.
    02-28-13 06:31 PM
    Smith recently oversaw the PlayBook tablet team of BlackBerry. He would not explain any further on to the extent the new tablet plans of the company have gone or whether it is close to make any declarations. He finds the tablet industry pretty competitive and has noted that very few device manufacturers are making any profit by selling tablets.
    Comments like this make me think that when they do release a new tablet it is going to be more along the lines of the 3g/4g playbook with only a limited release that is there to allow businesses to readily use bb10 on both phone and tablet rather than trying to fight in the cutthroat market that is just ipads and near to zero margin android tablets.
    03-02-13 06:01 AM
    I was hearing from some major phone dealers who sell Blackberry, there is supposed to be a new Playbook coming out some time this summer. It will be a more advanced 4G tablet.
    03-11-13 08:36 PM
    I would be shocked if that was true, it is far too early for bb10 to be established enough that they would be able to charge anything worthwhile on a new tablet, more likely they are just mixing things up with when bb10 will be out on the playbook.
    03-12-13 06:31 AM
    not
    going
    to
    happen
    Yes it will, just don't know when. For sure not until all the phone devices are delivered. But, it IS on their plan they released a long time back. All the upcoming phones and a new tablet are on their agenda.

Any word on Blackberry Black Forest 10" Tablet?-rim-roadmap-2013.jpg
    Last edited by lcjr; 03-12-13 at 10:06 PM.
    03-12-13 09:56 PM
    They have mentioned six bb10 products are to come this year (likely fiscal yr) and I doubt they are all phones. But what do I know. And if that old road map is still correct, a sixth product wasn't yet specified when that was created.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 11:27 PM
    My guess:

Q10
    Z10

Then:
    Blackforest (9-10" tablet)

Then for xmas season:
    Full Screen slider (via patent)

Then:
    Next gen Z10 (Aristo)
    Next gen Q10 (???)

Next gen Z10 and Q10 get more memory and bigger battery along with quad core CPUs.

I think the next gen Z10 will go to full 1080p for no other reason than the competition is going there. It is stupid to do this but competition will require it.
    03-13-13 12:03 AM
    BlackBerry are launching 6 BB10 devices across 130 carriers worldwide, makes sense one's a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 12:19 AM
42 12