09-10-18 07:46 AM
34 12
tools
    Everyday I have the urge to come here and have a look at the posts
    With the hope that one day. I will see
    The.. " New touch screen phone Specs"
    Or something else that would say " new touch screen Phone"
    But nothing...
    Does anybody know if there is one on the work??
    Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    06-18-18 05:29 PM
    I am in the same boat. I LOVE BlackBerry but after owning the Keyone, I honestly would like to try a new touch screen phone but something newer, better than the motion.
    06-18-18 07:13 PM
    Everyday I have the urge to come here and have a look at the posts
    With the hope that one day. I will see
    The.. " New touch screen phone Specs"
    Or something else that would say " new touch screen Phone"
    But nothing...
    Does anybody know if there is one on the work??
    Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    I am in the same boat. I LOVE BlackBerry but after owning the Keyone, I honestly would like to try a new touch screen phone but something newer, better than the motion.
    BlackBerry is all about the physical keyboard. All touch devices take a back seat. There will be at least one more pkb device before a slab is even contemplated.
    06-18-18 07:17 PM
    BlackBerry is all about the physical keyboard. All touch devices take a back seat. There will be at least one more pkb device before a slab is even contemplated.
    Darnnnn... one more pkb?? When? By the end of the year maybe?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-18-18 10:07 PM
    Darnnnn... one more pkb?? When? By the end of the year maybe?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    No slab until next year at the earliest.
    06-18-18 10:20 PM
    No slab until next year at the earliest.
    And I'm sure it will have mirrored specs with the KEY². With all the complaints about price I anticipate a budget PKB. The alternative would be another slider With mirror specs to the KEY².

TCL might be testing the market with these devices and perhaps will want to test the slider market as well. I mean Blackberry is the only real player with a PKB so why not dominate that market with a slider too?
    06-18-18 11:15 PM
    so why not dominate that market with a slider too?
    Because I don't think a slider would add to the user base. If using a pkb is important, they would already have (or eventually buy) a KEYx.
    06-19-18 07:59 AM
    A slider appeals to those who want to occasionally use a PKB but otherwise want a full screen device. Ultimately, a slider can create a base who prefer the BlackBerry android experience. A slider could be the underpinnings from which they can engineer a better all touch device. Lastly, BlackBerry could charge a premium price for a slider.
    aodash likes this.
    06-19-18 08:47 AM
    Because I don't think a slider would add to the user base. If using a pkb is important, they would already have (or eventually buy) a KEYx.
    Then the entire concept of the slider is pointless yet their has been fruitful times in the past. Clearly history has shown that some people want both. TCL is in a position that they don't know what sticks yet and a slider might be something worth trying out.
    06-19-18 08:57 AM
    Then the entire concept of the slider is pointless yet their has been fruitful times in the past. Clearly history has shown that some people want both. TCL is in a position that they don't know what sticks yet and a slider might be something worth trying out.
    They have enough metrics on the Priv and 9800/10 to make more informed decisions than any of us. So let's see.

I think their actions to date, and looking at the next keyboard device in the pike, seem to confirm my view - at least for the next while.
    06-19-18 08:59 AM
    @ conite ,
    Thanks for the info. Dunno if I can wait all this time. . I played with the BlackBerry Motion for a couple of minutes and I did like it... just i don't want to buy an old specs phone, ...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-18 08:59 AM
    @ conite ,
    Thanks for the info. Dunno if I can wait all this time. . I played with the BlackBerry Motion for a couple of minutes and I did like it... just i don't want to buy an old specs phone, ...

Posted via CB10
    Frankly, if you don't value a pkb, there are a lot of choices out there.
    06-19-18 09:01 AM
    I think their actions to date, and looking at the next keyboard device in the pike, seem to confirm my view - at least for the next while.
    which is what? a budget device?
    06-19-18 09:21 AM
    which is what? a budget device?
    The BBE just passed Bluetooth. Looks like it might have a 630 SoC.

https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/61705
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-19-18 09:23 AM
    The BBE just passed Bluetooth. Looks like it might have a 630 SoC.

https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/61705
    Maybe a "KEYᵒⁿᵉ" spec'd device dressed as a KEY²
    06-19-18 09:40 AM
    Frankly, if you don't value a pkb, there are a lot of choices out there.
    But are they as secure as a blackberry?

Either security is a differentiator because their claims are valid and thus, there really aren't other choices out there.... or its actually not a differentiator because their claims are bogus and there's tons of choices.
    06-20-18 12:39 AM
    But are they as secure as a blackberry?

Either security is a differentiator because their claims are valid and thus, there really aren't other choices out there.... or its actually not a differentiator because their claims are bogus and there's tons of choices.
    Security is a differentiator, but as we both know, it's not exactly a hot ticket for the general consumer.
    06-20-18 07:45 AM
    Google says that the differentiator - even for business- are the monthly security updates. The USA carriers seem to agree or they would have stocked and sold the Motion to their business clients. What is even more confusing is the USA’s proactive stance against Huawei phones yet there is a Huawei on Google's business phone list.
    06-20-18 08:56 AM
    What is even more confusing is the USA’s proactive stance against Huawei phones yet there is a Huawei on Google's business phone list.
    In the absence of CIA grade intelligence, the phones meet the criteria.
    06-20-18 09:35 AM
    Google says that the differentiator - even for business- are the monthly security updates. The USA carriers seem to agree or they would have stocked and sold the Motion to their business clients. What is even more confusing is the USA’s proactive stance against Huawei phones yet there is a Huawei on Google's business phone list.
    Huawei is sold world-wide, and Google is mostly world-wide, while the USA is mostly concerned with... well... the USA.
    06-20-18 09:38 AM
    In the absence of CIA grade intelligence, the phones meet the criteria.
    I am not sure that your business in the USA or any other country can get a USA government contract if your firm is using Huawei telephone equipment including their phones.

I gather the USA does not want Huawei to gain a foothold in the coming 5G market and that is their main concern.
    06-20-18 09:47 AM
    Business... have Apple and Samsung. BlackBerry has made no claim to be more secure than Apple, and there is very little difference between BlackBerry's security and Samsung's KNOX. And Samsung has gotten even US Carrier's that deal with enterprise a lot, to start supporting montly security patches for their devices.

Simply put the differentiator that BlackBerry brings, isn't enough to change the fact that the a once trusted, but failing brand is now in the hands of a failing Chinese National Company. That's much more of a "security" risk....

Sure BlackBerry tried to say that they are part of the production process, to quail fears.... But when Samsung does not create the fear to begin with, they offer a better value on hardware, they are supported by existing sales channels, they are better supported by other software companies (UEMs)... why take the risk if there really is no advantage?

With the PKB... maybe there is enough of an advantage.
    pdr733 likes this.
    06-20-18 10:14 AM
    Business... have Apple and Samsung. BlackBerry has made no claim to be more secure than Apple, and there is very little difference between BlackBerry's security and Samsung's KNOX. And Samsung has gotten even US Carrier's that deal with enterprise a lot, to start supporting montly security patches for their devices.

Simply put the differentiator that BlackBerry brings, isn't enough to change the fact that the a once trusted, but failing brand is now in the hands of a failing Chinese National Company. That's much more of a "security" risk....

Sure BlackBerry tried to say that they are part of the production process, to quail fears.... But when Samsung does not create the fear to begin with, they offer a better value on hardware, they are supported by existing sales channels, they are better supported by other software companies (UEMs)... why take the risk if there really is no advantage?

What are you using these days?
    06-20-18 10:41 AM

I keep on coming back to this interview:

https://www.computerdealernews.com/n...re/53471?amp=1

The nostalgia market is not enough.
    06-20-18 04:09 PM

Branding can go a long way and simply because Blackberry says their niche is security people will think they are more secure than other options.

Blackberry also offers a user experience branded towards enterprise and again it may or may not be "better" but that's not the point.
    06-22-18 12:14 PM
34 12