08-10-15 03:41 PM
44 12
tools
    Says the guy who didn't put forward a shred of evidence to support either of his statements.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Nor have you.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 09:09 AM
    Nor have you.

Posted via CB10
    I have, go take a look at any electromagnetic spectrum image online. You will find that radio waves have less energy than those which make up visible light. I mean I've only said it like 15 times but I figure you may be a little slow to pick up on things like that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-23-15 09:47 AM
    If there was concrete evidence that cell phones cause cancer, there would be a heightened awareness. Standing in front of a working microwave can apparently also cause cancer. So can the carcinogens from a burnt steak.

That being said, can we all get along now and get back on topic please?
    05-23-15 10:13 AM
    Another market for iOS to dominate in.
    05-26-15 05:15 AM
    This cancer talk it's sooo BlackBerry 's smartwatch renders and rumors ...

Render:

Attachment 354046

Posted via CB10
    Now... this is an amazing watch, I like it! Perhaps I would change the plastic, and would put some leather or metal to make it a little more fancy, but. It's great anyway
    05-28-15 07:19 PM
    What a good idea to have BlackBerry Blend on a smartwatch

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 05:59 AM
    This cancer talk it's sooo BlackBerry 's smartwatch renders and rumors ...

Now... this is an amazing watch, I like it! Perhaps I would change the plastic, and would put some leather or metal to make it a little more fancy, but. It's great anyway
    Nice. I would actually get one of those. I would prefer brushed aluminium for the frame of the watch. The straps could be based on several types of leather as options for people to choose...

Posted via CB10
    BSar likes this.
    06-11-15 02:27 PM
    I will get one only if it has a keyboard and trackpad. LOL

I prefer a mechanical watch. I have a small collection of mechanical watches and a few quartz watches. As much as I love electronic technology I still prefer the tic-toc of my watch.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 05:01 AM
    Render:

Attachment 354046

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a fan of watches, but this one I will buy, main reason is HUB.
    And I like that BlackBerry style.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 10:15 AM
    A watch is actually a logical next step forward for Blackberry.
    Right now, there is no dominant operating system because no app store has many apps yet.
    06-24-15 04:50 PM
    Well, my first concept idea for a BlackBerry Smart watch was based of the Citizen Touch

Any rumor or render of a BlackBerry Smartwatch?-deanlogic_watcha.png

My second concept of a BlackBerry Smartwatch is based of the Kairos Smartwatch

Any rumor or render of a BlackBerry Smartwatch?-blackberry_kairos.png
    06-25-15 11:23 AM
    A watch is actually a logical next step forward for Blackberry.
    Right now, there is no dominant operating system because no app store has many apps yet.
    I believe BlackBerry should be heavily in wearables IoT and a smartwatch is just one option.
    They should also look into smartbands and other accessories.
    06-25-15 11:26 AM
    I think QNX is the perfect OS to become dominant in IoT but who knows what decisions Blackberry will make.

In regards to the circle screen mock-ups: looks great but not functional at all. I much prefer square screens. Probably just rounded edges.

The tricky part is the input. Blackberry is traditionally a keyboard entry device but you can't have a keyboard on a watch. Any input at all is fairly limited.
    BSar likes this.
    06-26-15 12:24 AM
    In regards to the circle screen mock-ups: looks great but not functional at all. I much prefer square screens. Probably just rounded edges.
    If you are talking about my Kairos Smartwatch mockup, the circle screen is what they are doing. They already took pre-orders.
    06-26-15 02:27 PM
    The best argument for smartwatches that I've read online went something like this:

The act of taking out your phone to check notifications is a large and deliberate action. Takes time, energy, makes you appear disinterested in what's happening around you. Overall, it's distracting.

The smartwatch isn't meant to entertain you. You're not viewing photos on your watch. It's meant to give you quick information at a glance. It doesn't remove you from your everyday life.

The idea is that two electronic devices on your body make you more present in the real world than having just one device. I really like this concept, and I hope this is how smartwatches are used going forward. That's what a timepiece is anyway, right? Glance at your wrist, gives you quick and digestible info.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this. In addition I use my watch for controlling music and making sure notes. It is also a good place to check on my calendar. Overall I'm finding it quite useful.
    08-08-15 04:17 PM
    The jury is still out on the cell phone cancer debate, but everyone's body is different and some people might have a more adverse reaction to the cell radiation than others.
    The good news is companies are paying attention to these things now and the phones nowadays as opposed to 18 years ago emit a lot less "harmful" waves.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 10:51 PM
    That being said I think blackberry is more than likely going to get android wear working on bbos instead of starting from scratch and see how much interest there is for smartwatches (and miss all the sales)

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 10:53 PM
    I swear I come here daily to see if there's any news on the blackberry slider only to be disappointed about how off topic these damn posts get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-10-15 08:27 AM
    I swear I come here daily to see if there's any news on the blackberry slider only to be disappointed about how off topic these damn posts get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Come back in November and you'll less likely be disappointed by rumors.
    08-10-15 03:41 PM
44 12