My mother just got an LG enV3 phone, and I have to say, I enV (haha) the layout of that phone. Typing on the fold out keypad is disgustingly awesome. Does anyone know if RIM plans on introducing phones with a similar hardware layout?

I would buy the sh1t out of a BlackBerry that was like this. THey could put a large, Storm-like screen on the inside and a smaller one on the outside. Even if it had no touchscreen properties, it would be pretty sweet. I am surprised there are no BB's like this yet.
    08-07-09 10:49 PM
    The only thing left for RIM to do hardware wise is to put out the hybrid touch screen/physical keyboard device and a slider.

Now my personal take on a slider BB would be one with a touch screen like the storm but it has a sliding qwerty keyboard (think HTC and Nokia smartphones).
    08-09-09 08:17 PM
    I'm more inclined to think a bb slider would take a form similar to the G1 with a large touchscreen (candybar form factor) and be the natural successor to the pearl (not the abomination that was the flip).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 05:12 AM
    One of the things I like about the BB (and one reason I chose my Curve) was that there is *no* flip/slide mechanism to reach the keyboard. I like that the keyboard is just *there*.
    08-11-09 08:34 AM
    One of the things I like about the BB (and one reason I chose my Curve) was that there is *no* flip/slide mechanism to reach the keyboard. I like that the keyboard is just *there*.
    The main advantage of an "enV3 layout" are that you can have a large, wide screen (like the Storm or iPhone), paired with a wider, easier-to-use QWERTY keypad. Even if it had a trackball and no touch screen, I would be very interested in a Berry like this. Another advantage would be that the keypad and (main) screen would be protected while not in use.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Tour. I just think a larger keypad, with a larger screen, would be very nice. Give it touch screen, and you've basically got the best of both worlds in one device.

Maybe they cannot currently make such a thing without making it excessively thick? I'd imagine there's a bit more inside a BB than there is in a "dumb" phone.
    08-11-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD