So it appears that the TV box will be this Cyclone device. Has anyone seen any information other than the October release date? I'm hoping that this device can display 1080p content, play Netflix, and play .m4v movie files from some sort of NAS storage or by plugging in a USB HD with movies/music. I'm looking for something to replace my AppleTV, which is OK, but I don't like having to add video files to my iTunes, then have iTunes running to watch content, and it is only 720p. Also here is to hoping that when we get that device, that our Playbooks will get external connectivity too, and wireless streaming to the TV like Airplay.
    08-09-11 03:11 PM
    did everybody just dismissed this? I want a cyclone! Kevin get RIM to get this done this year! We want netflix! lol

Heard this rumor back in august and like nothing people forgot about it SMH
    01-21-12 07:49 PM
    Probably put on the backburner since they moved resources from this for BB10/Playbook related work.
    01-22-12 01:00 AM
    ya it hasn't come up in awhile now. maybe they are integrating it with BB10 with the PB? they are doing the DNLA now...someone needs to conect the dots and do some reasearch on this...*cough CBK cough *
    03-03-12 05:34 AM
    I'm still waiting for MY Blackberry Cyclone and MY Blackberry All-In-One Desktop PC. Where are they now as the only thing I see is my BB10 phone coming. But in the BB10 Dev Alpha keynote trailer, at the end was a wireless, AirPlay like connection to the TV. Maybe DLNA, but must not rule out a mimic for Blackberry(TV) Cyclone.
    05-21-12 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD