I just replaced my KEYone with my Blue Classic and I can't say enough, how much I love this phone in my hand.

I remember Chen saying he wanted to see this style device a little ways back but I dunno if that got any traction

I'm obviously losing a lot of apps and what not but, this guy will do till key2 gets here

Gah, phones are so big now. This is too perfect
    Husnain Asif likes this.
    06-28-18 05:39 PM
    No chance. Who's going to make a new device only to sell just a few 100 thousands, if that?
    06-28-18 06:26 PM
    No chance. Who's going to make a new device only to sell just a few 100 thousands, if that?
    He said he wanted to make it cheap, like 200 300 dollar device. Budget for smaller sales n it should be ok

Posted via CB10
    06-28-18 06:39 PM
    He said he wanted to make it cheap, like 200 300 dollar device. Budget for smaller sales n it should be ok

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it. It's going against trend in so many ways. It's unfortunate but there is no business there.
    06-28-18 06:49 PM
    I doubt it. It's going against trend in so many ways. It's unfortunate but there is no business there.
    Ya, more then likely.
    06-28-18 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    He said "someone should make it". He never said he would make it.

He spoke as a fan of the form factor, not as a CEO who would actually spend the time and money building one.
    06-28-18 07:20 PM
    If and that's un GRANDE IF, one is made I will be there with open arms :-)
    06-28-18 07:49 PM
    Yup!
    06-29-18 01:31 PM
    Would really love to see this as well....

BB Classic Q20 sent via CB 10
    velkod likes this.
    06-29-18 01:42 PM
    Chance..... of "someone" making a $200 - $300 PKB smartphone - about the same as you pulling a Royal Flush in a high stakes poker game on the first deal. Odds go down if you want it to be a BlackBerry with security, software suite and updates.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-02-18 at 10:24 AM.
    velkod likes this.
    06-29-18 02:14 PM
    I give my arms as well.
    I don't understand why a smaller device must be cheap. I need highest quality in technical innovation, in manufacturing and supporting software who fits in my pocket.
    I would spend money for that!
    velkod and BerryRipe like this.
    07-01-18 06:42 AM
    I give my arms as well.
    I don't understand why a smaller device must be cheap. I need highest quality in technical innovation, in manufacturing and supporting software who fits in my pocket.
    I would spend money for that!
    It doesn't have to be.... that's just what some are hoping. Like the old BOLD/CURVE days. Smaller = Cheaper.

That's the problem... PKB is a tiny niche and there are so many different "wants".

Size - smaller than KEYtwo, lager than the KEYtwo, Wider than the KEYtwo....
    Specs/Hardware Features - Most want the best they can get.
    Price Range - has to fit the budget of the largest pool of customer, and still be profitable.

There are users that say they'd pay $1,000 - $1,200 to get what they want, and there are others that say that $400 is still to much.....

My guess is the KEYtwo form factor is "just right" in the middle... KEYtwo Lite will just change a few specs.
    07-02-18 11:26 AM
    I'm agree with you. But realistic BlackBerry hast no chance against Samsung and Co. even they play on the same market. PKB is a small market so they have to be different. If they do the same, they have lost. We have a proverb: also small cattle makes mist.
    So I hope the best.
    velkod likes this.
    07-02-18 01:32 PM
    The glass slabs was the best thing that happen to OEMs, ans sadly the worse for us. They no longer have deal with button/keyboard issue, design and manufacturing is easier and we lost 30+ buttons.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    07-21-18 10:17 PM
    The glass slabs was the best thing that happen to OEMs, ans sadly the worse for us. They no longer have deal with button/keyboard issue, design and manufacturing is easier and we lost 30+ buttons.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, all they need to do is add another mm of screen, slap another camera lens and there you have it! Oh and of course the right marketing of making the consumer think he NEEDS those slight new features

Smartphone design has become pathetically lazy, and form has completely taken over function.
    07-22-18 07:22 AM
    Chance..... of "someone" making a $200 - $300 PKB smartphone - about the same as you pulling a Royal Flush in a high stakes poker game on the first deal. Odds go down if you want it to be a BlackBerry with security, software suite and updates.

And that my friends, is the why I've officially going back to the iphone SE. Almost exactly the same size as the q10 I'm usuing now. I will miss you all.
    07-28-18 05:48 PM
    And that my friends, is the why I've officially going back to the iphone SE. Almost exactly the same size as the q10 I'm usuing now. I will miss you all.
    Enjoy the pkb on the SE...

Oh, wait...
    07-28-18 06:43 PM
    Needed BlackBerry Classic like Android phone with a 4:3 aspect screen 4 inch for daily usage , Even the elderly people will be able to use this Classic like device .
    08-02-18 01:37 PM
    Enjoy the pkb on the SE...

Oh, wait...
    Actually, there is the Typo keyboard case for iPhone 5/5S/SE.

I currently have one (they're super rare therefore not cheap since BlackBerry Ltd sued the c*** out of Typo shortly after production began)

I bought it and then bought the SE to go with it lol. It's a straight up copy of the Q10's PKB, not bad to type on, but the clicky sound of the keys is extremely loud.

That and also it's Bluetooth therefore will drain the iPhone's battery a bit.

So far, this combo (and the Priv) is the only way to have a PKB and a 16:9 screen.
    08-02-18 05:52 PM
    Actually, there is the Typo keyboard case for iPhone 5/5S/SE.

I currently have one (they're super rare therefore not cheap since BlackBerry Ltd sued the c*** out of Typo shortly after production began)

I bought it and then bought the SE to go with it lol. It's a straight up copy of the Q10's PKB, not bad to type on, but the clicky sound of the keys is extremely loud.

That and also it's Bluetooth therefore will drain the iPhone's battery a bit.

So far, this combo (and the Priv) is the only way to have a PKB and a 16:9 screen.
    I'm surprised Chen didn't personally come to your house and swipe that Typo away from you...
    08-02-18 06:27 PM
    I'm surprised Chen didn't personally come to your house and swipe that Typo away from you...
    Any chance of a Classic form factor android device?-hpvfnouz1togg.jpg

It would p*** him off even more that have the first Typo, which has the frets and key sculpting just like the Q10/Classic.

The Typo 2 ditched the frets and looks alot more like a generic PKB
    08-03-18 02:00 AM
    I would buy one in a heart beat love the bold form factor and the best keyboard. Blackberry ever made. Currently I have the key2 which is the next best thing IMO.
    ci00aaj likes this.
    08-03-18 10:30 PM