I do not personally predict any market at all for a landscape slider... they will sell dozens
    04-18-19 03:55 PM
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fxte...&oq=fxtec+pro1
    I do not personally predict any market at all for a landscape slider... they will sell dozens
    Ha ha, its sometimes funny with these absurd 'predictions'.
    You really believe that?
    And yet models with the keyboard in the wrong direction that can not even slide in is at it's third generation from BB. I would have guessed such an absurd form factor to be almost impossible to sell - and yet it does.
    And we had keyboards as a click-on for (at the least?) eight Samsung (top) models between the Note5 and Note8. (it seems to have been intended but dropped for the S9 line though)

It just shows that different people have different needs and wishes.

But SURE Pro¹ isn't by far expected to sell millions, real keyboards for phones/phablets has become a niche product.
    My guess would be around 5000, and if they are lucky and it picks up twice that.

Until now they got quite good press, I guess you can find dozens of dozens of articles on the Pro¹.... Try Google
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 04-19-19 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Clarification
    04-19-19 04:00 AM
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fxte...&oq=fxtec+pro1
    Ha ha, its sometimes funny with these absurd 'predictions'.
    You really believe that?
    And yet models with the keyboard in the wrong direction that can not even slide in is at it's third generation from BB. I would have guessed such an absurd form factor to be almost impossible to sell - and yet it does.
    And we had keyboards as a click-on for (at the least?) eight Samsung (top) models between the Note5 and Note8. (it seems to have been intended but dropped for the S9 line though)

It just shows that different people have different needs and wishes.

But SURE Pro¹ isn't by far expected to sell millions, real keyboards for phones/phablets has become a niche product.
    My guess would be around 5000, and if they are lucky and it picks up twice that.

Until now they got quite good press, I guess you can find dozens of dozens of articles on the Pro¹.... Try Google
    I am sure their predictions of millions of the landscape model are hoped for. Myself I predict they will sell dozens and many of those will be BlackBerry owners who are willing to try anything PKB away from TCL.

My strong preference is for a portrait format. The Priv design, screen dimensions, and execution were perfect; of course the poorly matched innards led to overheating and lagging and such. I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ with a tiny display.

I am waiting.
    04-19-19 11:20 AM
    I am sure their predictions of millions of the landscape model are hoped for. Myself I predict they will sell dozens and many of those will be BlackBerry owners who are willing to try anything PKB away from TCL.

My strong preference is for a portrait format. The Priv design, screen dimensions, and execution were perfect; of course the poorly matched innards led to overheating and lagging and such. I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ with a tiny display.

I am waiting.
    Your "millions" are as wild as your "dozens", please try to get real.
    04-19-19 11:23 AM
    Your "millions" are as wild as your "dozens", please try to get real.
    OK then, make it TWO dozen...
    04-19-19 11:51 AM
    You mean a PRIV2 ? That would be another disaster.
    I still maintain the Priv design has merit. It can be sold as a slab with an incidental PKB so sleekly achieved as to make the device thin and light just like regular slab competitors.

I think it also could be made as optional...

The innards would have to be top notch...
    04-19-19 02:13 PM
    I still maintain the Priv design has merit. It can be sold as a slab with an incidental PKB so sleekly achieved as to make the device thin and light just like regular slab competitors.

I think it also could be made as optional...

The innards would have to be top notch...
    On the face of it.... I agree, as I considered the PRIV, might have bought it if Verizon had carried it earlier.

But the keyboard adds cost, and few SLAB owners will see the additional cost of any benefit, and clearly BBMo isn't in a position to offer top notch at competitive prices. Your only fooling yourself it you think that's going to happen at this point.

And most true blue PKB lovers, want a full time PKB.

That said, most true blue BlackBerry lovers would probable buy one for their collection, so I actually think it might be in BBMo best interest. Better than going 12+ months without anything new... Just limit it to few markets and fewer variants.
    04-19-19 03:27 PM
    The PKB of the Priv is simply a back... they could offer two versions, like we say when in Philly ordering cheezesteaks at Pat's, "wit or widdout..."

Suits all customers...
    04-19-19 03:42 PM
    The ATT Veer by HP... around 2015 or so... I got one and also a Pre 3 never sold openly by ATT but comes then eBay in an ATT box sealed... THAT was a Great phone...

WebOS
    04-19-19 03:47 PM
    Lol. Perhaps!

It seems to me that most pictures of the device have it sitting propped up on a table. Maybe that is the intent. More like a tiny laptop.
    Funny, down here south of the border railroad workers spend a lot of their time asleep or texting as the plethora of overspend accidents shows...
    04-19-19 03:53 PM
    I'd take a proper landscape slider with number row and staggered spacing over the cramped keyboard with letters on top of each other like that of my Priv any day. It also looks way better than the Key phones taking up half the screen real-estate; no thanks. I'm on the mailing list and will buy when/if it comes out since BlackBerry won't put out an upgrade for Priv anyway.
    I've pined for staggered columns on the PKB for years since Passport came to me... I have to "look" to type on BlackBerry PKBs while on the staggered Emily PKB of my prior HP Pre 3 I never had to look, could type quite fast and accurately even in the pitch dark...
    04-19-19 03:56 PM
    ..I think it also could be made as optional...
    So maybe make a slab in dimensions similar to the Key devices, and then make a PKB add on accessory option, based around the existing PKB from the Key devices?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-19-19 04:35 PM
    Nope...

Just make a Priv dimension slab amoled with fast processor plenty of RAM microsdHC, hardened usb-C, no overheating or lag, QI charge, fingerprint through the screen, all the best, and simply offer it with or without slider PKB factory.
    One device, one option. There ya go...
    04-19-19 07:32 PM
    Be easier to just offer a slab with a Ryan Seacrest KeyDevice PKB add on option.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-19-19 09:26 PM
    Be easier to just offer a slab with a Ryan Seacrest KeyDevice PKB add on option.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    If a protruding keyboard like the Typo2 is not a problem, then the solution by Samsung is actually a more elegant alternative (see e.g. here), though there was an issue in the hardware implementation.

The SOFTWARE-people assumed the keyboard to be semi-transparent, so the display stays uniformly white under the keyboard when active. Unfortunately the HARDWARE-people did not deliver a semi-transparent keyboard, so the keys are NOT backlit. And oddly the software was never adjusted for that, not even on he last of the (at the least) eight different models they made it for (not even in the latest Pie update).
    04-21-19 05:55 AM
    Nope...

Just make a Priv dimension slab amoled with fast processor plenty of RAM microsdHC, hardened usb-C, no overheating or lag, QI charge, fingerprint through the screen, all the best, and simply offer it with or without slider PKB factory.
    One device, one option. There ya go...
    That's the thing... copy the PRIV, just update the internal components.

I know a few found the keyboard a little cramped, but I think it would be fine... as long as the 808 isn't running it.

But let's forget about "all the best"... reality - a good LCD display with the SD660 or a SD670 and hopefully no more than $700 price tag. No reason to do a non-slider option.
    CrackPriv, EskeRahn and the_boon like this.
    04-22-19 08:54 AM

I know a few found the keyboard a little cramped, but I think it would be fine... as long as the 808 isn't running it.

But let's forget about "all the best"... reality - a good LCD display with the SD660 or a SD670 and hopefully no more than $700 price tag. No reason to do a non-slider option.
    AMOLED is a necessity. For processor, a midrange is suitable compromise. It *is* a business device, so the battery life is preferable to gaming performance.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    04-22-19 12:06 PM

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I wouldn't get it just because of my enmity for Ryan Seacrest
    04-22-19 02:33 PM
    AMOLED is a necessity. For processor, a midrange is suitable compromise. It *is* a business device, so the battery life is preferable to gaming performance.
    So long as the heat and lag don't return with a vengence...
    04-22-19 02:35 PM

No slider option would adress the imps who can't live with slider they don't use...
    04-22-19 02:36 PM
    No slider option would adress the imps who can't live with slider they don't use...
    And that the thing I saw over and over here... even from those that love the KEYone and KEY2... with the PRIV they just didn't feel they needed to open it. It wasn't convenient for them...

With the PRIV, there was no Android PKB option out at that time... the PRIV was BLACKBERRY. Today, I think a PRIV2 would find a lot less "love" than the PRIV did...
    04-22-19 02:45 PM
    And that the thing I saw over and over here... even from those that love the KEYone and KEY2... with the PRIV they just didn't feel they needed to open it. It wasn't convenient for them...

With the PRIV, there was no Android PKB option out at that time... the PRIV was BLACKBERRY. Today, I think a PRIV2 would find a lot less "love" than the PRIV did...
    This post is dead on.
    04-22-19 05:45 PM
    A 'generic' cellphone case that has a keyboard, that would be a nice one.
    That way I can get the cellphone I want - flagship or not - and type super fast.
    They have them for tablets, why not for phones?

Once made one myself but it was just a flap without a hinge so I had to hold both the keyboard and the phone which made typing not so convenient.
    04-23-19 01:26 PM
    A 'generic' cellphone case that has a keyboard, that would be a nice one.
    That way I can get the cellphone I want - flagship or not - and type super fast.
    They have them for tablets, why not for phones?

Once made one myself but it was just a flap without a hinge so I had to hold both the keyboard and the phone which made typing not so convenient.
    I merged a slim case for a Ip6-, a magnet system for a different keyboard case, and a BT-keyboard for a third one.
    Similar could be done based on a different device case. See the images in my comment here: https://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=554#comment-2931723333
    (Showing it without the Iphone)
    NOTE: It can be used in both landscape and portrait, due to the clever arrangement of the magnets of the Ip4-case
    And attached it can be seen between a Priv and an SE Pro
    Android QWERTY Slider to be released in Q1 2019!-dsc10890_red.jpg
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 04-23-19 at 03:48 PM. Reason: (forgot quote)
    04-23-19 03:31 PM
    I've seen that slide out keyboard before but it's not easy to get it anymore or expensive.
    It would be awesome if they produced something similar again.
    04-23-19 03:49 PM
146 ... 3456