08-08-17 06:05 PM
101 ... 2345
tools
    So, is there any chance of them releasing a BBOS version of the Priv?

Or any chance of someone managing to install the OS on the Priv?
    Sorry if im saying something dumb, but im not savvy at all on blackberries, but i really want a blackberry.
    Zero chance of having a BBOS release of the Priv.

Impossible to install BBOS on the Priv cause the OS is too old and can't handle modern hardware (such as multi core CPU). It would take serious recoding... if at all its possible.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 02:55 PM
    Oh, thats a shame.

Wait, i was under the impression that the Passport had a quad core CPU.
    I guess it has, but the OS cant take advantage of them, is that it?
    03-14-16 05:05 PM
    Oh, thats a shame.

Wait, i was under the impression that the Passport had a quad core CPU.
    I guess it has, but the OS cant take advantage of them, is that it?
    "BBOS" generally refers to the operating system used on the old BlackBerrys. "BB10" is what the Passport runs, which is what I assume you meant. Most of the 'Berryheads had hoped for one last all touch BB10 device before the move to Android, as the Z30 is rather outdated, and the Leap is an underpowered budget model.
    A device that looks like a jazzed up Z30, packing the specs of the Passport and the latest BB10 would sell like hotcakes 'round here.
    nt300 likes this.
    03-15-16 11:06 PM
    How about a BlackBerry Sidekick phone? Who wouldn't buy one? This generation needs a new SideKick.
    I was thinking something like this myself just last week. I always liked horizontal sliders with a full keyboard.
    Specifically, I'd quite like to a phone that combines elements of the Nokia N97, Samsung Wave 3, and BlackBerry Q5.

For the overall design, I like the edgy, somewhat futuristic appearance of the Wave 3

All Touch Passport & Z50 - BB10's that should have been...-aaa1.jpg

The N97's ratio of 16:9 might be uncommon for a 3.5 inch screen, but it clearly works fine if you don't need an on-screen keyboard.
    Its 3-row keyboard also allows for taller buttons than the more common 4-row.
    The d-pad would be best replaced with a BlackBerry optical touchpad for webpage scrolling, text selection etc.
    One thing I don't care for is the tilted screen angle. I prefer a level slider but maybe that's just me.

All Touch Passport & Z50 - BB10's that should have been...-aaa2.jpg

Spec wise, being close to the Q5's level should be enough for a small device, and would help to keep the price down.
    Dual core 1.2Ghz, 2GB RAM (perhaps less if running Android instead of BB10),
    8GB storage (32-64GB SD card), 5 megapixel rear camera, 2MP front.
    For the screen, 450x800 pixels (263 ppi) should be adequate, maybe 540x960 (315 ppi).
    The battery? depends how thick you want to make it. It's not a long or wide device, so no need to worry about it being too heavy. Somewhere between the Z10's 1800mAh and the Q5's 2180mAh would be sweet.
    03-16-16 12:31 AM
    I was thinking something like this myself just last week. I always liked horizontal sliders with a full keyboard.
    Specifically, I'd quite like to a phone that combines elements of the Nokia N97, Samsung Wave 3, and BlackBerry Q5.

For the overall design, I like the edgy, somewhat futuristic appearance of the Wave 3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaa1.jpg 
Views:	1285 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	394346

The N97's ratio of 16:9 might be uncommon for a 3.5 inch screen, but it clearly works fine if you don't need an on-screen keyboard.
    The d-pad would be best replaced with a BlackBerry optical touchpad for webpage scrolling, text selection etc.
    One thing I don't care for is the tilted screen angle. I prefer a level slider but maybe that's just me.

Name:	aaa2.JPG 
Views:	1284 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	394347

Spec wise, being close to the Q5's level should be enough for a small device, and would help to keep the price down.
    For the screen, 450x800 pixels (263 ppi) should be adequate, maybe 540x960 (315 ppi).
    The battery? depends how thick you want to make it. It's not a long or wide device, so no need to worry about it being too heavy. Somewhere between the Z10's 1800mAh and the Q5's 2180mAh would be sweet.
    Android runs like crap on low and medium specs. That OS hags your hardware because its Highly Un-Efficient. BB10 can run on low, mid and high end hardware, because its "Highly Efficient". That is probably what you meant to say anyway.
    04-03-16 09:39 PM
    Blackberry's problem is that it is trying to complete when it doesn't have a competitive edge. BB10, though is the best OS, hasn't managed to sell partly because of apps and also the previous OS. Focusing on hardware (phones) is not going to cut it. They need to refocus on other forms of hardware like car systems. If BlackBerry can have them run on BB10 or something similar and then have developers develop apps for these systems , they will in some extent really close the app gap and maybe the other types of hardware can drive sales in the phone division.

BlackBerry Forever!
    04-06-16 09:15 AM
    The ONLY upgrade I'd swap my passport for. The wide-screen design is magnificent.OTE=ProjectBrett;12251698]tablet?[/QUOTE]
    06-07-16 09:28 PM
    John Chen is a very Clueless Individual that seems very Stubborn. One simple solution to rectifying the Hardware Division was Proper Marketing, Pay and Support App Developers to release key apps people want and the most important, Devices that People WANT. Not Devices you think people want. (Leap? = Garbage).

Both Powered by BB10 of course,
    All Touch Passport

http://investcorrectly.com/wp-conten...h-passport.png
    BlackBerry Z50
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...gsten-1-01.jpg
    I agree to above post. I have used Priv for a while - very useful for "play" since I get all the apps I like. But I am still a Passport fan. BlackBerry should keep the physical keyboard devices ( not the slide out type like Pri ); I really, totally, absolutely love love love the Passport (and the Bold ). Maybe, BlackBerry can make a Passport with Android OS!!!
    06-24-16 11:34 PM
    BlackBerry need to make all touch handsets with normal size that targeting general consumers,

All touch passport is good, but it isn't for everyone.

Huron, Gemini, Storm, Bold, Z3, Z10, Q10, Passport, and now Classic
    07-05-16 09:19 AM
    So what you're saying is that BB10 didn't fail because of lack of marketing. It failed because of sub-par hardware and software at launch, thus gaining a bad reputation.
    Sub-par software, glitchy hardware and lack of ecosystem. The fails were in multiple areas!

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    07-16-16 07:53 PM
    I would buy.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    08-04-16 08:14 AM
    I would buy.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    Which one, or both?
    08-04-16 08:06 PM
    Which one, or both?
    Either One.
    10-09-16 09:53 PM
    That all-touch Passport looks sweet, but maybe if it had a slider keyboard, would be even better; more screen size and physical keyboard.
    kekos likes this.
    11-03-16 12:02 AM
    I would have really like a z50

#luvmybb10os
    11-08-16 08:54 AM
    That all touch Passport kind of falls in line with that Visa concept they were working on a while back. Would buy in a heartbeat especially with a virtual three row Passport keyboard.
    Powdah likes this.
    12-17-16 03:09 PM

Name:	aaa1.jpg 
Views:	1285 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	394346

Name:	aaa2.JPG 
Views:	1284 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	394347

Say... the new Android Nokia communicators with the full sized soft kouch pkb should be a real treat running nougat... Damn i miss my communicator days.
    03-11-17 07:04 AM
    Re-posted...Z50 Specs and design sound amazing. Sleek with integrated purpose of functionality. A great new vision of what makes BlackBerry innovations very desirable.

Please tell me it's real and not a dream! I bought another back up Z30 just so I wouldn't have to use Android OS. I have owned 6 BlackBerry smart phones now (started with the Curve roller ball) all using RIM or BB10 OS. I would definitely get a "Z50" as soon as it's on the market even at $1,000. Everyone that knows me, tells me I should be a salesman for BlackBerry. I always try to convince them to switch. Please make this happen. Those of us that truly appreciate BB10 OS, can continue to have a smartphone and not just a social media /portable video game / MP3 player that we can't even use the browser without our information being used to try sell us something or worse!!!! Sorry about the rant, but I just don't want a phone without BlackBerry OS. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 04:34 AM
    06-07-17 05:24 AM
    I guess there will always be people that pine for BB10 and speak of “solutions” that if only Blackberry did this or that BB10 could of been saved. Counting on renders design by people that do not have phone hardware engineers involved is beyond laughable and shows some people lack of knowledge of what goes into making a smartphone. Blackberry at the time Chen took over was bleeding out and it was only a mater of time before blackberry bleed through all their cash reserves. I will say this, Chen is not an unreasonable person and for all those that want BB10 I am sure Chen will sell you a license for it, if you have a good gameplan and capital to bring BB10 back from the semi-grave yard.
    Last edited by ChainPunch; 07-03-17 at 11:34 PM.
    06-18-17 09:53 AM
    John Chen is a very Clueless Individual that seems very Stubborn. One simple solution to rectifying the Hardware Division was Proper Marketing, Pay and Support App Developers to release key apps people want and the most important, Devices that People WANT. Not Devices you think people want. (Leap? = Garbage).
    Chen's plan from the beginning was to exit hardware. The Leap was a device made to use old stock it wasn't a device to impress.
    07-01-17 11:01 AM
    Chen's plan from the beginning was to exit hardware. The Leap was a device made to use old stock it wasn't a device to impress.
    Based on that logic, John Chen was the wrong CEO to turn around BlackBerry. Thanks to JC, BlackBerry as a company never recovered. And probably won't.

A Smart Hardware and Software strategy would have saved the company and brought it to profitability years sooner. Anyhow what got done is done.
    07-03-17 05:29 PM
    I guess there will always be people that pine for BB10 and speak of “solutions” that if only Blackberry did this or that BB10 could of been saved. Counting on renders design by people that did not have phone hardware engineers involved is beyond laughable and shows some people lack of knowledge of what goes into making a smartphone. Blackberry at the time Chen was bleeding out and it was only a mater of time before blackberry bleed through all their cash reserves. I will say this, Chen is not an unreasonable person and for all those that want BB10 I am sure Chen will sell you a license for it, if you have a good gameplan and capital to bring BB10 back from the semi-grave yard.
    LOL
    07-03-17 05:31 PM
    I think crackberry should start giving regular forums posters a copy of losing signal, as then people would be more knowledge about what lead to the end of BB10 and blackberry's exit from mobile hardware business. I am all for anyone in the forums to try and start their own oem hardware business and use BB10 as their os. Sometimes people only learn from experience and nothing gives a better reality check then losing a lot of your own money.
    07-03-17 11:44 PM
    Closed for review
    08-08-17 05:59 PM
101 ... 2345