They only tried in the very beginning when BB10 was not mature (broken quite frankly). And the Z10... for battery reasons alone would never have been successful.

Once the OS was mature and they had decent devices (on Chen 's watch) they completely and willfully refused to tell anyone.
    Considering they had delayed BB10 it should have never been in that broken state. They should have had it at near 10.2.1 by launch. I've always thought the Z30 would have been the perfect launch device, but I digress. Even when mature there isn't much to market when you don't have the apps everyone wants. Look at windows phone, ample money to market but no use.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 11:01 AM
    The Passport Touch is pretty much my dream phone. Shame it wasn't meant to be.
    Powdah likes this.
    02-21-16 07:06 PM
    They only tried in the very beginning when BB10 was not mature (broken quite frankly). And the Z10... for battery reasons alone would never have been successful.
    So what you're saying is that BB10 didn't fail because of lack of marketing. It failed because of sub-par hardware and software at launch, thus gaining a bad reputation.
    02-22-16 05:22 PM
    So what you're saying is that BB10 didn't fail because of lack of marketing. It failed because of sub-par hardware and software at launch, thus gaining a bad reputation.
    If that's the message you got from it... then you are simply hearing what you want to hear... and nothing I say will ever change that...
    nt300 likes this.
    02-22-16 07:03 PM
    Arrogant he may be,but BB10 fans are seemingly ignorant as to how a business works and the fact that BB10 devices weren't making them any money, rather making them lose it.

Posted via CB10
    That's utter nonsense. Hardware is and still is the companies main revenue generator. It's JC's incompetent strategies that has caused slow BB10 sales. If you can't see that, you yourself is blind.

Tell us how can you sell a Smartphone when nobody knows it's released? Zero Marketing is what killed BBRY's brand among several other F-UPS.

I'll say this once more, it's Never Too Late. Regardless. Pay some good Developers, release BB10 phones 99.9% of the market want and Market the bloody things. Work with carriers with incentives.

Problems Solved. People want a Choice. Many don't just want the old 2007 based iOS and Android, they want something else to choose. Unfortunately the ridiculous lacking BBRY as I stated above is forcing people to swallow Age Old and Tiresome back buttons and home buttons iOS and Droid.

Compare BB10 with iOS and Android, and immediately iOS and Android become OBSOLETE.

Rocking a Z30
    02-23-16 10:10 AM
    Chen is not clueless. He just has much more to consider. You are asking him to keep throwing the money on division that is loosing money. Apps are prime reason why bb10 is no go. I mean company like Microsoft with much more money to spend cannot break through with windows phone. I believe android is the way to go because it is much cheaper to develop. Phones like passport with Android on it would sell much better than passport with blackberry 10.
    Alright, give me an Android Passport SE....

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 10:39 AM
    John Chen is a very Clueless Individual that seems very Stubborn. One simple solution to rectifying the Hardware Division was Proper Marketing, Pay and Support App Developers to release key apps people want and the most important, Devices that People WANT. Not Devices you think people want. (Leap? = Garbage).

Both Powered by BB10 of course,
    All Touch Passport

http://investcorrectly.com/wp-conten...h-passport.png
    BlackBerry Z50
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...gsten-1-01.jpg
    They tried all that already and it didn't work!

Posted via CB10
    Powdah likes this.
    02-23-16 10:47 AM
    That's utter nonsense. Hardware is and still is the companies main revenue generator. It's JC's incompetent strategies that has caused slow BB10 sales. If you can't see that, you yourself is blind.

Tell us how can you sell a Smartphone when nobody knows it's released? Zero Marketing is what killed BBRY's brand among several other F-UPS.

I'll say this once more, it's Never Too Late. Regardless. Pay some good Developers, release BB10 phones 99.9% of the market want and Market the bloody things. Work with carriers with incentives.

Problems Solved. People want a Choice. Many don't just want the old 2007 based iOS and Android, they want something else to choose. Unfortunately the ridiculous lacking BBRY as I stated above is forcing people to swallow Age Old and Tiresome back buttons and home buttons iOS and Droid.

Compare BB10 with iOS and Android, and immediately iOS and Android become OBSOLETE.

Rocking a Z30
    Utter nonsense how? BB10 was/is losing them money. No major company is willing to invest the time to develop there app for BB10. Not even when BlackBerry told Netflix/Skype (can't remember which it was) they'll build the app for them. 99.9% of 0.2 percent market share is 0.198% no I'm not sure what releasing phones for what that percentiles wants will do for them. Release a device to attract the masses? Yea it'll be priced well over $1000 given their track record, so DOA. Compare BB10 with iOS and Android and they're immediately obsolete?Now that is utter nonsense. Tiresome back buttons? You know Swipe gesture serves the same function and that within apps there's still...wait for it...back buttons. You know what is Tiresome? Having to scavenge other app stores for apps because the native doesn't have it. That alone makes BB10 obsolete versus other competitors.

Let's not forget what your asking for requires ample liquid cash and resources. Both of which BlackBerry has little of. Problem Solved....lol okay. What killed BlackBerry wasn't John Chen or they're inability to move BB10. It was management resting on their laurels well before BB10 even existed, and then being late to getting BB10 to the modern smartphone party. I'll give you marketing that's, always been terrible.

BTW, my comment wasn't to get out of hardware, my comment was more to the fact that they have to do less to make money with Android then they would have to with BB10. 5 Million units needed for profitability vs 10 million on BB10 speaks for itself, especially when considering how little the amount of people actively looking to buy a BlackBerry is.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 10:49 AM
    I'll say this once more, it's Never Too Late.
    That's just naive. Make no mistake, it is most definitely too late.

Regardless. Pay some good Developers, release BB10 phones 99.9% of the market want and Market the bloody things. Work with carriers with incentives.
    All of this has been tried and failed. You're not saying anything new, and none of this will give BB10 any more traction.

Problems Solved.
    Nope.

People want a Choice. Many don't just want the old 2007 based iOS and Android, they want something else to choose.
    The market, and all evidence, say something different. What people want are iOS and Android.

Just because you keep repeating a lie, it does not eventually magically become true.
    02-23-16 03:24 PM
    Alright, give me an Android Passport SE....

Posted via CB10
    Silver edition with improved camera and snapdragon 820 and android 6.0 would be awesome
    02-24-16 07:21 AM
    John Chen is a very Clueless Individual that seems very Stubborn. One simple solution to rectifying the Hardware Division was Proper Marketing, Pay and Support App Developers to release key apps people want and the most important, Devices that People WANT. Not Devices you think people want. (Leap? = Garbage).

Both Powered by BB10 of course,
    All Touch Passport

http://investcorrectly.com/wp-conten...h-passport.png
    BlackBerry Z50
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...gsten-1-01.jpg
    I wouldn't call him clueless. He's just not doing what you think or want him to do.

Having said that, I've stated for over a year that a Passport format device that was all touch would be the perfect all touch device. 4:3 format is so much nicer than current paddle phones.

Posted via CB10
    Powdah and DrBoomBotz like this.
    02-24-16 08:29 AM
    I wouldn't call him clueless. He's just not doing what you think or want him to do.

Having said that, I've stated for over a year that a Passport format device that was all touch would be the perfect all touch device. 4:3 format is so much nicer than current paddle phones.

Amen to that. At this point, my only hope is for someone to bring out a rootable format that I can converted to Ubuntu or Sailfish.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 11:03 AM
    I believe he is more apathetic than than clueless regarding the devices.

His priorities are clearly elsewhere.

Not sure why they even still make them, given the apparent fire and forget approach.

Like saying Porsche is clueless about compact cars. They aren't. They just don't give a cr@p about them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-25-16 11:44 PM
    I believe he is more apathetic than than clueless regarding the devices.

His priorities are clearly elsewhere.

Not sure why they even still make them, given the apparent fire and forget approach.

Like saying Porsche is clueless about compact cars. They aren't. They just don't give a cr@p about them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    No Chen is clueless. He thinks that PKB is the way forward. That's just ludicrous. That would be the same as Porsche insisting on making nothing but rear engined sport cars.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    02-29-16 06:30 AM
    No Chen is clueless. He thinks that PKB is the way forward. That's just ludicrous. That would be the same as Porsche insisting on making nothing but rear engined sport cars.

Sadly BB10 is not the way forward either.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-02-16 06:25 PM
    Sadly BB10 is not the way forward either.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    I tend to agree. I see more of a future in Android, but not with an endless stream of PKB.

crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-04-16 02:03 AM
    Those would be nice but won't happen unfortunately.
    03-06-16 03:02 PM
    All touch passport would be kind of neat. But the z50 would be the only option for me going from a z30.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 08:21 PM
    All touch passport would be kind of neat. But the z50 would be the only option for me going from a z30.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. Unfortunately, the Z50 is a pipe dream. For me it's long time to be looking at other platforms.

Chen can keep releasing his PKB phones and it won't save BlackBerry.

03-09-16 09:45 AM
    Silver edition with improved camera and snapdragon 820 and android 6.0 would be awesome
    My own interpretation of what an all touch Passport would look like. (You're right, SE is awesome)
    1440 x 1920 pixels (resolution stated in OP's pic is 16:9) 5.3 inch display.
    BBM video chat suggests BB10, but it'd probably come with Android if they actually made one.

All Touch Passport & Z50 - BB10's that should have been...-all-touch-passport-3x4.jpg
    bitek likes this.
    03-12-16 06:15 AM
    My own interpretation of what an all touch Passport would look like. (You're right, SE is awesome)
    1440 x 1920 pixels (resolution stated in OP's pic is 16:9) 5.3 inch display.
    BBM video chat suggests BB10, but it'd probably come with Android if they actually made one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all touch passport 3x4.jpg 
Views:	624 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	393948
    Awesome looking phone. This should be blackberry's second android phone. Be different, be bold ! I
    03-12-16 08:21 AM
    So, ive mainly used android (since the HTC G1). I got kind of tired of the lags, RAM management issues and I wanted a breath of fresh air, so I got a windows phone and Im still using my Lumia 925.

Couple days ago I had the chance to get my hands on a friends Passport and ,boy i just fell in love with the OS. I was under the (wrong) impression that blackberries were devices that only businessmen, politicians and such would use. But there i was, holding one and using it (albeit for just half an hour).

I wish i was introduced to blackberry like that sooner. Well, i hope its not too late.

While physical keyboards are NOT my cup of tea, after some research I discovered the Z30, which is all touch.

I wanted to get one, but it seems the Z30 is a little outdated. Is there any future to this OS? Can i hope to see an all-touch BBOS device in the near future?

I saw the Priv, but i dont want another android. If the Priv had a BBOS version, id be willing to put up with the physical keyboard (well, its a slide and i would never even have to look at it).

So, have blackberry trown the towel, no more BBOS?
    Last edited by arlindo101; 03-13-16 at 12:53 PM.
    03-13-16 12:39 PM
    So, ive mainly used android (since the HTC G1). I got kind of tired of the lags, RAM management issues and I wanted a breath of fresh air, so I got a windows phone and Im still using my Lumia 925.

Couple days ago I had the chance to get my hands on a friends Passport and ,boy i just fell in love with the OS. I was under the (wrong) impression that blackberries were devices that only businessmen, politicians and such would use. But there i was, holding one and using it (albeit for just half an hour).

I wish i was introduced to blackberry like that sooner. Well, i hope its not too late.

While physical keyboards are NOT my cup of tea, after some research I discovered the Z30, which is all touch.

I wanted to get one, but it seems the Z30 is a little outdated. Is there any future to this OS? Can i hope to see an all-touch BBOS device in the near future?

I saw the Priv, but i dont want another android. If the Priv had a BBOS version, id be willing to put up with the physical keyboard (well, its a slide and i would never even have to look at it).

So, have blackberry trown the towel, no more BBOS?
    Such a perfect example of what could have been... if only Chen hadn't been so bullheadedly wrong in refusing to let people know about BB10.
    03-13-16 04:49 PM
    How about a BlackBerry Sidekick phone? Who wouldn't buy one? This generation needs a new SideKick.
    03-14-16 01:45 AM
    So, is there any chance of them releasing a BBOS version of the Priv?

Or any chance of someone managing to install the OS on the Priv?
    Sorry if im saying something dumb, but im not savvy at all on blackberries, but i really want a blackberry.
    03-14-16 03:39 PM
101 12345