08-08-17 06:05 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    And that is primarily because no one outside of CB even knows BB10 devices exist... pure and simple fact that try as they might... even the die hards can't prove otherwise.

When no one knows you exist there is exactly zero chance of success.
    And even if they knew BB10 existed what reason do they have to leave ecosystems in which they've spent money and configured things to work their way? They're likely not going to get the apps they've invested in and use regularly. If your not using BES, security really isn't an advantage. Things we find more convenient and easy to use on BB10, they likely have their own variants of it that they prefer. Much like BlackBerry asking those who have adapted to BB10 move to Android, this doesn't make any sense.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 03:34 PM
    Insisting on making nothing but PKB devices that don't appeal to anyone except the faithful is equally stubborn.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    Appeal to no one? I would add no one has said there would be no more BB10 phones ever.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-12-16 09:02 PM
    I would have like to see a Z50....

But a $700 Z50 would have sold no better than the Passport did.....
    Nope. And the cost to develop and market make it a non-Starter.

02-12-16 09:03 PM
    Nope. And the cost to develop and market make it a non-Starter.

It would have been a pittance compared to the complicated R&D for the Priv.
    02-12-16 09:10 PM
    It would have been a pittance compared to the complicated R&D for the Priv.
    Except that with BB10 it would not sell outside of the tiny BB10 community left.

02-13-16 09:17 AM
    Except that with BB10 it would not sell outside of the tiny BB10 community left.

That is your opinion... and you have a right to it... but it is NOT fact.
    02-13-16 01:22 PM
    Yes BB10 was delayed at least 12 months too late. But still there was enough hype to push it through and ensure it dominated the #3 spot.

This was very doable. Unfortunately mess up after mess up after mess up. By both JC and Heins.

Rocking a Z30
    Agreed!!!

They still haven't learned from their mistakes. BB10 had the potential to be 3rd place. Not to mention that still can't release a proper all touch successor to the z30. F**k these keyboard phones who cater to a very small percentage of users. Same goes with the Priv

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-13-16 08:46 PM
    That is your opinion... and you have a right to it... but it is NOT fact.
    Nope not fact but no one switches to BB10 anymore only from BB10. Living 100 miles from Waterloo I know many people who still have BB10 handsets. None of them plan to stay except for the ones that have a work issued phone. Our office is 100% BlackBerry and will be offered all handsets by the summer via BES12. None I know plan to stay with a BlackBerry, I ask around all the time. A new high end BlackBerry 10 device will not make a difference. While failure is only my prediction, BlackBerry knows the reality also. No one is more disappointed than me, I love BlackBerry 10. I have supported it and defended the company and its products for years. Reality hit me and it will hit you eventually also.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-14-16 11:02 PM
    As amazing as those phones look and would be they wouldn't sell. The BlackBerry faithful would buy but how many of them are there? When you strip out emerging markets (poor people don't buy $600+ phones) the numbers aren't there anymore no matter how good BB10 is. BlackBerry just finished selling off the last of the Z30s from 2 years + ago.

Chen is right. Holding on and hoping a dead platform is coming back is stubborn.

Approx: 30-40 Million BBRY users ATM. This figure goes up and down on a Monthly Basis. So there's is enough all across the world. Many in India, S. Africa etc., the majority using Z10 and so many looking for a BB10 upgrade for that phone. A all touch. And these people are somewhat tech savvy, the Leap is not an upgrade to the Z10, its a downgrade excluding the battery. Had JC released a All Touch BB10 with Passport Specs, or even slightly lesser specs, to save on costs, it would have sold well IMO. This is a World Wide Market, not just here in North America. Make it, Market it, Work with Carriers, and people will buy.
    You can't release products, provide No Marketing, No Carrier support and then blame the platform for poor sales. Which BlackBerry is doing as you can see now with the downgrade Priv.
    02-15-16 09:56 PM
    John Chen doesn't have any clue what BlackBerry users want in a phone. What does it take? I protest march in front of BlackBerry HQ? These phones is what he should have been working on. Keep the SE in the line up though with a design change to the screen and up the specs. What is Chen waiting for?

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    02-15-16 10:35 PM
    Arrogant he may be,but BB10 fans are seemingly ignorant as to how a business works and the fact that BB10 devices weren't making them any money, rather making them lose it.

Posted via CB10
    You don't put out an OS without standing behind it even if you lose money.
    Is it Microsoft earning money from its Windows phone? No.

So you don't put yourself in an adventure like putting out your operating system if you don't have balls, vision, money, sweat, and belief to suceed.

If they (you) think than putting out OS10 was enough they are wrong.

As a BlackBerry10 lovers we are sick to read that every unit sold they're losing money as we know it. But they had to make it grow and believe in OS10 to make it succeed.

They have done nothing to support it, advertise it, create value, create joint ventures, use it in different situations, bringing new inventors, innovative projects and more like dunno create a smartphone that hooks to car's dashboards. They have QNX? Yes... they have 3 millions and more of cash money in bank? Yes...

So that's why as a BlackBerry10 lovers we think that they never tried seriously with BlackBerry10.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 02:41 PM
    John Chen is a very Clueless Individual that seems very Stubborn. One simple solution to rectifying the Hardware Division was Proper Marketing, Pay and Support App Developers to release key apps people want and the most important, Devices that People WANT. Not Devices you think people want. (Leap? = Garbage).

Both Powered by BB10 of course,
    All Touch Passport

http://investcorrectly.com/wp-conten...h-passport.png
    BlackBerry Z50
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...gsten-1-01.jpg
    Chen is not clueless. He just has much more to consider. You are asking him to keep throwing the money on division that is loosing money. Apps are prime reason why bb10 is no go. I mean company like Microsoft with much more money to spend cannot break through with windows phone. I believe android is the way to go because it is much cheaper to develop. Phones like passport with Android on it would sell much better than passport with blackberry 10.
    02-16-16 03:47 PM
    Phones like passport with Android on it would sell much better than passport with blackberry 10.
    How about Priv doing now less than Passport with BlackBerry10 alone?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 05:45 PM
    Is it Microsoft earning money from its Windows phone? No.

So you don't put yourself in an adventure like putting out your operating system if you don't have balls, vision, money, sweat, and belief to suceed.

If they (you) think than putting out OS10 was enough they are wrong.

As a BlackBerry10 lovers we are sick to read that every unit sold they're losing money as we know it. But they had to make it grow and believe in OS10 to make it succeed.

They have done nothing to support it, advertise it, create value, create joint ventures, use it in different situations, bringing new inventors, innovative projects and more like dunno create a smartphone that hooks to car's dashboards. They have QNX? Yes... they have 3 millions and more of cash money in bank? Yes...

So that's why as a BlackBerry10 lovers we think that they never tried seriously with BlackBerry10.

Posted via CB10
    You can't make a comparison with Microsoft. Outside of that fact that they make phones there is zero similarities. Microsoft is a multi billion dollar corporation that does not depend on phones as a source of income. They practically own the computer business with Windows. They could probably lose all of BlackBerry's liquid cash and still have ample to spare.

BlackBerry has tried licensing, but there are no takers. Even then, why would other manufacturers acquire a license for BB10, when BlackBerry themselves isn't able to move BB10 related product? Balls, sweat, and belief to succeed are nothing without business sense, and that dictates after a certain time you cut your losses and move on.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Microsoft has billions of extra revenue to waste on Windows phone. BlackBerry doesn't. You can not compare the two.

I would add that even Microsoft doesn't advertise Windows phones much and some carriers have dropped.

02-19-16 07:31 AM

BlackBerry has tried licensing, but there are no takers. Even then, why would other manufacturers acquire a license for BB10, when BlackBerry themselves isn't able to move BB10 related product? Balls, sweat, and belief to succeed are nothing without business sense, and that dictates after a certain time you cut your losses and move on.

Posted via CB10
    Trying licensing it is not enough. They HAVE to invent something NEW. Read my post and try to go outside common vision.

Apple reinvented itself with i-Pod: go figure !
    02-19-16 09:41 AM
    Microsoft has billions of extra revenue to waste on Windows phone. BlackBerry doesn't. You can not compare the two.

I would add that even Microsoft doesn't advertise Windows phones much and some carriers have dropped.

They have 3 billions in cash: BlackBerry actually has money and fear.
    02-19-16 09:42 AM
    Appeal to no one? I would add no one has said there would be no more BB10 phones ever.

They have said that there won't be any new BB10 devices in 2016. So "maybe", and that's a big maybe, there will be something in 2017. The Z30 will be more than 3 years old at that point. Nobody is going to wait that long to upgrade except the die hard BlackBerry faithful.

Chen is also focused on PKB, so the likelihood of any high end all touch device isn't good.

Chen is clueless. I'm tired of waiting around.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    02-19-16 11:32 AM
    Trying licensing it is not enough. They HAVE to invent something NEW. Read my post and try to go outside common vision.

Apple reinvented itself with i-Pod: go figure !
    They invented an entire new OS! What exactly do you expect them to do?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 01:08 PM
    They have 3 billions in cash: BlackBerry actually has money and fear.
    You can burn through $3 billion in no time. It's a pittance compared to Microsoft.

02-19-16 02:13 PM
    They invented an entire new OS! What exactly do you expect them to do?

Posted via CB10
    I kind of expected them to at least tell people about it... too late now though...
    02-19-16 09:15 PM
    They could have hired a few good app programs and there would be no app gap.

Posted via CB10
    nt300 likes this.
    02-19-16 09:22 PM
    I kind of expected them to at least tell people about it... too late now though...
    Again, if you don't think in the first year they attempted that you're kidding yourself. Hell they even had a super bowl commercial. Where they fell short then and still far short today on BB10 is competitive pricing and an abundant native app ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 09:51 PM
    They could have hired a few good app programs and there would be no app gap.

Posted via CB10
    They told people like Netflix and Skype I believe it was that they'd have programmers do the work for them. They didn't care.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 09:52 PM
    Again, if you don't think in the first year they attempted that you're kidding yourself. Hell they even had a super bowl commercial. Where they fell short then and still far short today on BB10 is competitive pricing and an abundant native app ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    They only tried in the very beginning when BB10 was not mature (broken quite frankly). And the Z10... for battery reasons alone would never have been successful.

Once the OS was mature and they had decent devices (on Chen 's watch) they completely and willfully refused to tell anyone.
    nt300 likes this.
    02-20-16 09:55 AM
101 1234 ...