08-08-17 07:05 PM
101 123 ...
tools
    John Chen is a very Clueless Individual that seems very Stubborn. One simple solution to rectifying the Hardware Division was Proper Marketing, Pay and Support App Developers to release key apps people want and the most important, Devices that People WANT. Not Devices you think people want. (Leap? = Garbage).

Both Powered by BB10 of course,
    All Touch Passport

BlackBerry Z50
    02-06-16 02:45 AM
    Z50 looks nice!
    nt300 and ATI nsider like this.
    02-06-16 08:45 AM
    tablet?
    02-06-16 10:00 AM
    Z50 looks slick, has a very rugged appearance.

BTW, just because he's operating in a manner you don't prefer, doesn't mean he's clueless. Regardless of what they churned out, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't hit 10 million units need for BB10 to be profitable.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 10:30 AM
    That looks like a Passport all touch that can be used as a phone and tablet if need be. What an idea, I am surprised Chen don't jump on that.
    02-07-16 06:51 AM
    Z50 looks slick, has a very rugged appearance.

BTW, just because he's operating in a manner you don't prefer, doesn't mean he's clueless. Regardless of what they churned out, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't hit 10 million units need for BB10 to be profitable.

Posted via CB10
    Chen had an opportunity, to take advantage of all the highly positive BB10 reviews. By way of putting more effort into proper BB10 marketing and releasing devices that people actually want. He's failed on both accounts. If he did the above, the company would have been on the map in terms of market share and rectified popularity. May not be super popular, but a smart marketing budget would have brought in 2 to 3 times in profits.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-07-16 06:55 AM
    I want these phones out ASAP. They would help BB10 sales for sure.

Rocking a Z30
    ATI nsider, kekos and The_Viking like this.
    02-07-16 06:18 PM
    Throwing money at screen

Posted via CB10
    ATI nsider, kekos and Karan Riar like this.
    02-08-16 09:27 AM
    I definitely agree, both concepts are nice. Problem I see with Passport full-touch concept is that it introduces a new aspect ratio that will cause issues for both BB10 and Android apps (BB10 apps would need to be updated to work properly - - which may not happen given the fact that most devs believe BB10 is EOL soon; Android Runtime would need to be updated (somehow) to allow Android apps to rescale properly... if that's even possible).

Z50 looks like the phone that should have come out instead of the Leap. Given the fact that they're moving forward with the Android plans, I can't see this ever coming out though. Would've been great as a Z30 upgrade for those still interested in BB10.

Honestly, what BB10 needs (and the only thing that would "save" it) is to get full access to Google Services (which will likely never happen given Google's policies and intents with Android for 3rd parties). Without full access to all Android apps AND their functionality and integration into the BB10 OS, BB10 will always feel like it requires "workarounds" for it to have full functionality, and this kind of workaround system/OS is not something that is sustainable nor something that will ever see any real growth in the market.
    02-08-16 10:43 AM
    I'd buy that z50 all day.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 01:41 PM
    I would by that z50 immediately!
    ATI nsider and kekos like this.
    02-08-16 04:28 PM
    Same here, too bad we won't get the chance.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 09:48 PM
    Chen had an opportunity, to take advantage of all the highly positive BB10 reviews. By way of putting more effort into proper BB10 marketing and releasing devices that people actually want. He's failed on both accounts. If he did the above, the company would have been on the map in terms of market share and rectified popularity. May not be super popular, but a smart marketing budget would have brought in 2 to 3 times in profits.
    Initially there was marketing for BB10. Not to mention the unsolicited marketing through the form of the Internet "buzzing" (for a lack of better words) with articles etc prior to its release. Where BlackBerry failed was delaying BB10's release, and not having BB10 fully baked on arrival, far before Chen even came into the picture. Not to single you out, but he's seemingly as scapegoat for seething BB10 fans on this forum, many of whom were all hands on deck for him to take over Heins.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 12:26 AM
    That all touch passport, ooo baby. And boy would it be unique just like the passport is now =)
    02-09-16 01:24 AM
    Exactly!

It was within grasp... on Chen's watch... a finally matured BB10. And it was then that he willfully chose to tell no one.
    nt300 likes this.
    02-09-16 01:29 AM
    Z50 for me.
    Give me one now pls. Take my $$$$$$. But needs to run PURE BB10.

Rocking a Z30
    kekos likes this.
    02-09-16 07:07 AM
    Initially there was marketing for BB10. Not to mention the unsolicited marketing through the form of the Internet "buzzing" (for a lack of better words) with articles etc prior to its release. Where BlackBerry failed was delaying BB10's release, and not having BB10 fully baked on arrival, far before Chen even came into the picture. Not to single you out, but he's seemingly as scapegoat for seething BB10 fans on this forum, many of whom were all hands on deck for him to take over Heins.

Posted via CB10
    Yes BB10 was delayed at least 12 months too late. But still there was enough hype to push it through and ensure it dominated the #3 spot.

This was very doable. Unfortunately mess up after mess up after mess up. By both JC and Heins.

Rocking a Z30
    02-09-16 07:10 AM
    John Chen is a very Clueless Individual that seems very Stubborn. One simple solution to rectifying the Hardware Division was Proper Marketing, Pay and Support App Developers to release key apps people want and the most important, Devices that People WANT. Not Devices you think people want. (Leap? = Garbage).

Both Powered by BB10 of course,
    All Touch Passport

http://investcorrectly.com/wp-conten...h-passport.png
    BlackBerry Z50
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...gsten-1-01.jpg
    As amazing as those phones look and would be they wouldn't sell. The BlackBerry faithful would buy but how many of them are there? When you strip out emerging markets (poor people don't buy $600+ phones) the numbers aren't there anymore no matter how good BB10 is. BlackBerry just finished selling off the last of the Z30s from 2 years + ago.

Chen is right. Holding on and hoping a dead platform is coming back is stubborn.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-11-16 07:40 AM
    As amazing as those phones look and would be they wouldn't sell. The BlackBerry faithful would buy but how many of them are there? When you strip out emerging markets (poor people don't buy $600+ phones) the numbers aren't there anymore no matter how good BB10 is. BlackBerry just finished selling off the last of the Z30s from 2 years + ago.

Chen is right. Holding on and hoping a dead platform is coming back is stubborn.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Insisting on making nothing but PKB devices that don't appeal to anyone except the faithful is equally stubborn.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-11-16 11:22 AM
    I would buy BOTH in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 08:35 AM
    Someone please direct John Chen to this thread asap or email him these pictures. This is what we want.
    The SE should also be kept but the screen should be made without those useless black borders.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    kekos, nt300 and mkwbold like this.
    02-12-16 09:01 AM
    Someone please direct John Chen to this thread asap or email him these pictures. This is what we want.
    The SE should also be kept but the screen should be made without those useless black borders.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    Sadly Mr Chen is too arrogant to stoop to the level of thinking he might need advice.
    kekos and nt300 like this.
    02-12-16 01:05 PM
    Sadly Mr Chen is too arrogant to stoop to the level of thinking he might need advice.
    Arrogant he may be,but BB10 fans are seemingly ignorant as to how a business works and the fact that BB10 devices weren't making them any money, rather making them lose it.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 02:13 PM
    I would have like to see a Z50....

But a $700 Z50 would have sold no better than the Passport did.....
    02-12-16 03:20 PM
    Arrogant he may be,but BB10 fans are seemingly ignorant as to how a business works and the fact that BB10 devices weren't making them any money, rather making them lose it.

Posted via CB10
    And that is primarily because no one outside of CB even knows BB10 devices exist... pure and simple fact that try as they might... even the die hards can't prove otherwise.

When no one knows you exist there is exactly zero chance of success.
    02-12-16 04:27 PM
101 123 ...