10-28-13 03:07 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    I wish they'd improve on the Q10 by bringing back the trackpad and control buttons.
    iamagod and LudwigvonKast like this.
    09-02-13 04:49 AM
    There may or may not be a Q30 coming, but this weekend I heard rumours that the Q30 is a go and shall be available in November. More details as they become available.
    09-03-13 05:16 PM
    There may or may not be a Q30 coming, but this weekend I heard rumours that the Q30 is a go and shall be available in November. More details as they become available.
    Don't heard about a rumor like that... after the Q10 isn't so selling well I don't see a Q30 so soon...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 05:23 PM
    LOL! What a load of **** *** * ***** ******* ******!
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-03-13 05:27 PM
    When I Google "Blackberry Q30" and limit it to the past week, most of the images I see are of automobiles. Maybe they are going to get really radical and the Q30 is a car that's also a phone!

When I look further, I see articles by nincompoops who couldn't differentiate between fan concept phone images and a leak by Blackberry. The irony is that every time the artist posted the pictures, he stated very clearly that it was fan art.
    09-04-13 04:23 PM
    They just patented a slider a few days ago so who knows.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 04:44 PM
    They just patented a slider a few days ago so who knows.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you hear about this? Can you link the source?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 06:43 PM
    I wish they'd improve on the Q10 by bringing back the trackpad and control buttons.
    Buy a pile of 9900s...

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    09-04-13 06:45 PM
    Why you trollin' bro?

While I've been saying that BlackBerry needed to make a larger screen BB10 device since the start. I find that a "Q30" is very unlikely and the equivalent of a unicorn.... probably doesn't exist. Only in our hearts...

09-04-13 07:17 PM
    Two words: NO WAY.

Seriously, people, it's time to wake up: nobody except the hardcore faithful wants to put up with these low-res, near-useless touchscreen phones, only to have a tiny keyboard underneath -and then there's the whole BB10 issue...

...sorry, the world has moved on, Q10 sales are clearly showing this with their already waaaay-below-expected numbers.
    Enjoy your Q10 and if you love it buy a second one and put it away - because as things look for BB unless a white knight arrives this will be their last premium QWERTY-handset, for sure.

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine.

Signed via my weapon of choice, Z10.
    09-04-13 08:17 PM
    Given how well the Q10 and Q5 sales have been going I wouldn't expect them to be focusing on making another high end or even mid level phone. If they are trying to sell phones then need to make a dirt cheap model to sell in places like South America and EMAA and Asia. They can't compete at the high end of the market so they should focus on the low end in an effort to drive up the subscriber numbers in hopes that it will encourage app developers to make apps for the platform.

Posted via CB10
    WhiteBerry likes this.
    09-07-13 07:14 AM
    If u ask me the phone doesn't have to be bigger.. maybe just a little bit! Just make a phone with bigger/larger screen with less border...

Posted via CB10
    Exactly if they just took the blackberry name off the top of the screen and extended the display up there that would be cool

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-07-13 07:22 AM
    The biggest problem I have with the Q10 is that the screen is a little to low and close to the keyboard making it difficult at times to swipe up. Really all they would have to do is move the screen up like 1/16" and that would really solve the problem. I would like a bigger screen with my qwerty keyboard but the size it is now is great for onehanned use; although, I agree they could increase the screen size to say 3.5" mostly through reduced bezzle.

Posted via CB10
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    09-07-13 08:59 AM
    For keyboard guys, I really think BlackBerry should have an entirely different approach.

Keyboard + BlackBerry 10 = No, just.. No. Okay?

I believe that they can still make profit by keeping limited production of the physical keyboard devices using BB OS, and pricing them competitively. Instead of the 9320 being so popular as the budget BlackBerry, they should bring a device which has a compromised between price and premium and price it competitively.

No, no torch, storm, curve, just BlackBerry. And please, get rid of BlackBerry World on that device. This device should be strictly for productivity and third party apps would ruin the experience that involves productivity. Also, it makes a hell lot of people think that the BlackBerry experience on BB 10 is crap due to how bad third party apps were on the old BlackBerry devices.

I know, you're probably wondering why people would buy this. Limited production would ensure that they aren't wasting money and the device would help cater to hardcore productivity fans and/or those on a budget.

Feel free to disagree with me
    09-07-13 09:12 AM
    Done. :-)

Feel free to disagree with me
    09-07-13 07:44 PM
    Done. :-)
    Haha yes.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-07-13 07:59 PM
    Seriously, people, it's time to wake up: nobody except the hardcore faithful wants to put up with these low-res, near-useless touchscreen phones, only to have a tiny keyboard underneath -and then there's the whole BB10 issue...
    Even the Q5 has a higher ppi than the S3 and iPhone 5.
    09-07-13 08:44 PM
    BlackBerry should have made the Z slider there first BlackBerry 10 device, they would have got both markets (instead of waiting months between devices) touch screen and that ****y keyboard. That is why I hated BlackBerry until the storm came out to buy a BlackBerry. Loved all three of my BlackBerry devices. Storm, Torch, Z10. I think physical keyboards is a dying market.

Sent from The Legendary Zed10
    09-09-13 12:28 AM
    BlackBerry should have made the Z slider there first BlackBerry 10 device, they would have got both markets (instead of waiting months between devices) touch screen and that ****y keyboard. That is why I hated BlackBerry until the storm came out to buy a BlackBerry. Loved all three of my BlackBerry devices. Storm, Torch, Z10. I think physical keyboards is a dying market.

It is true that people don't really use physical keyboard phones anymore but is that because they like full touch screens better or becuase most smartphone makers don't make qwerty phones anymore and they have learned to settle for full touch screens. Any since the launch of the original iphone we now have a whole generation of people that have only ever used touch screens and don't know what they're missing.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 01:10 AM
    The biggest problem I have with the Q10 is that the screen is a little to low and close to the keyboard making it difficult at times to swipe up. Really all they would have to do is move the screen up like 1/16" and that would really solve the problem. I would like a bigger screen with my qwerty keyboard but the size it is now is great for onehanned use; although, I agree they could increase the screen size to say 3.5" mostly through reduced bezzle.

Posted via CB10
    Never ever had an issue with the swipe on the Q10.
    I think they should also have a 5" or 6" 1:1 QWERTY. It would be such a unique option, people may go for it.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-15-13 02:04 PM

If they released the ZED before the Q, they would not have sold any (or at least hardly any) and they would not have converted any where near as many staunch QWERTY BlackBerry users over to the glass keyboards (myself included).

This was a solid business decision, and one of the few that were part of the release

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    09-15-13 04:22 PM
    Never ever had an issue with the swipe on the Q10.
    I think they should also have a 5" or 6" 1:1 QWERTY. It would be such a unique option, people may go for it.
    I think such size displays would simply be too wide for anyone to readily use one, you could get away with something in the 4.3 - 4.5" range in a 1:1 ratio but that would probably be about it before it was not comfortable enough to hold it.
    09-17-13 08:01 AM
    I think such size displays would simply be too wide for anyone to readily use one, you could get away with something in the 4.3 - 4.5" range in a 1:1 ratio but that would probably be about it before it was not comfortable enough to hold it.
    Even in a 1:1 aspect ratio that would be hard to use one handed. A 4.3" screen with a 1:1 aspect ratio would have a screen just over 3" X 3". That means increasing the keyboard on the phone by the same width, in the case of the Q10 (a good example) that would be 0.8". For me at least this is to big to use one-handed.

Sent from my Q10
    09-17-13 11:16 AM
    If however a qwery phone were to have a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 4.3 screen it would have screen width of 2.58" and while that is easier to handel then if it were a 1:1 aspect ratio with a 4.3" screen it will be a little on the large size for the keyboard to be used one-handed.

The 3.1" size of the Q10 was chosen because it was the screen size that fit the keyboard that they wanted to put in a phone. And for me it is the best qwerty phone on the market. I really can't see BlackBerry putting out a qwerty phone with a screen much bigger than that of the Q10 unless they make a slider.

Sent from my Q10
    09-17-13 11:39 AM
    It might be a stretch for it to be ideal for one-handed use, but it would be possible, whereas it clearly would not be the case if you stepped up to 5 or 6" like that previous poster suggested.

The reasons why I think a device in the size range I suggest is more likely than a slider is that it would allow the device to retain the thinness expected of a modern phone and would eliminate the increased returns due to mechanical issues that are inevitable when comparing a slider with moving parts to a similarly sized device without those moving parts.

The interesting thing for me is will we see more than one high-end Q device, if they think the market is there then we could see a direct upgrade for the q10 alongside a much larger qwerty device, if not then the q10 might remain the top end option for its specific form factor for quite some time.
    09-17-13 07:27 PM
101 1234 ...