10-28-13 02:07 PM
101 123 ...
tools
    So we already know a "better" Z10 is coming... but how about a new better version of the Q10, would that be the next logical step of BlackBerry?

Maybe with a 4.2" screen?

In my opinion they just have to release a bigger Q-phone, It's just a question of time!

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame and SonyainTx like this.
    08-19-13 03:42 AM
    So we already know a "better" Z10 is coming... but how about a new better version of the Q10, would that be the next logical step of BlackBerry?

In my opinion they just have to release a bigger Q-phone, It's just a question of time!

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if a bigger physical keyboard would make it unwieldy and awkward to type on? Somehow I can't really visualise it....I type two handed now anyway, but somehow a bigger qwerty somehow feels too big. Weird, I don't know why.

Maybe upgraded specs but keep the same general size?
    08-19-13 03:50 AM
    It is highly unlikely that they introduce a Q30 to the BB10 model range because the range of Q models is in fives (Q5, Q10) now I'm not saying that they will make the Z60 but is unlikely that the Q30 will ever come in to thought at RIM. The next Q model is likely to be the Q15, by the way Research In Motion is going with the flagship touch 7 type models.

I hope this answered your question!
    08-19-13 03:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    They should, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Seems unlikely though... BlackBerry's decisions are hard to track now...
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-19-13 09:40 AM
    I wonder if a bigger physical keyboard would make it unwieldy and awkward to type on? Somehow I can't really visualise it....I type two handed now anyway, but somehow a bigger qwerty somehow feels too big. Weird, I don't know why.

Maybe upgraded specs but keep the same general size?
    If u ask me the phone doesn't have to be bigger.. maybe just a little bit! Just make a phone with bigger/larger screen with less border...

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-19-13 09:52 AM
    I would expect those two lower end models (all-touch and qwerty) that we saw the specs leaked for a while ago will end up being the next bb10 devices released after the z30 and PD models, they need some models that can drive volume before we start to get upgrades for the first gen of bb10 devices.
    08-20-13 02:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    No. Look forward to more cheap Qs and Zs...
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-20-13 06:43 AM
    Maybe a slider?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using CB Forums mobile app
    08-20-13 06:46 AM
    Maybe a slider?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using CB Forums mobile app
    No
    08-20-13 06:56 AM
    No. Look forward to more cheap Qs and Zs...
    What do you mean cheap like cheaper than the current Q5 pricing or about the same.
    08-20-13 09:46 AM
    That's what I'm holding out for. Something similar to this:

Ups & Downs - BlackBerry S30 Concept

No
    08-20-13 10:06 AM
    What do you mean cheap like cheaper than the current Q5 pricing or about the same.
    Same hardware as the Q5, for now...
    mathking606 likes this.
    08-20-13 10:49 AM

That will work, best of both worlds.
    08-20-13 11:20 AM

Not a fan of sliders personally. I've always loved the form factor of the Q10, 9900, etc because I whip out the device and the keyboard is there. There's a study out there that says we pick up our phones 100s of times per day, I know I pick up mine 100s of times just to respond to a message. Constantly having to slide the device open each time would annoy the heck out of me.

A Q30 though should just be a taller screen, keyboard is pretty much perfect right now but could even go a little bigger and still be nice to type on.
    08-20-13 11:24 AM
    Someone else here on the board Photoshop a Q10 with a 3.5 screen. It looked great and didn't enlarge the phone all that much.
    Bbnivende and LudwigvonKast like this.
    08-20-13 11:31 AM
    Someone else here on the board Photoshop a Q10 with a 3.5 screen. It looked great and didn't enlarge the phone all that much.
    4,2 would be better

No "lack" of apps... I guess...

We already have apps made for 4,2" and 3,1" screens

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 12:04 PM
    No
    LMAO......
    08-20-13 12:10 PM
    4,2 would be better

No "lack" of apps... I guess...

We already have apps made for 4,2" and 3,1" screens

Posted via CB10
    No, apps are made for aspect ratios and resolutions. Physical size does not matter, unless you go into tablet territory.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    08-20-13 01:40 PM
    Not a fan of sliders personally. I've always loved the form factor of the Q10, 9900, etc because I whip out the device and the keyboard is there. There's a study out there that says we pick up our phones 100s of times per day, I know I pick up mine 100s of times just to respond to a message. Constantly having to slide the device open each time would annoy the heck out of me.

A Q30 though should just be a taller screen, keyboard is pretty much perfect right now but could even go a little bigger and still be nice to type on.
    You don't need to slide it out every time. I used to have the Torch and would only whip out the keyboard on long messages. For 90% of the time you pick up your phone, you don't need heavy text input to justify sliding out the kb. I miss the virtual keyboard of the Z10, but neeeed a keyboard in some situations that forced me to a Q10. I find the screen too small for browsing and watching videos.

BlackBerry just needs to figure out a way to make a thin/sleek/sexy slider with a 4.2" screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 01:47 PM
    I would even say a 5" Q-blet (like phablet) With the width of the Q30 remaining same as the present Q10 but with more screen real estate.
    08-20-13 02:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I have been away. Why do you say a better Z10 is coming ?
    mvanhaute likes this.
    08-20-13 03:38 PM
    Sorry I have been away. Why do you say a better Z10 is coming ?
    I know, it wasn't very well formulated.. I meant a better Z-Phone...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:10 PM
    That will work, best of both worlds.
    No matter how many times people try to make this claim it simply isn't true, a slider is simply the best set of compromises for you because any mobile form factor will have compromises whether it is a smaller display on a qwerty, no physical qwerty on an all-touch or being bulkier with a worse typing experience than a pure qwerty in the case of a slider.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    08-21-13 07:45 AM
    Isn't the Q5 A boxy Q10?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 02:38 PM
    Two words: NO WAY.

Seriously, people, it's time to wake up: nobody except the hardcore faithful wants to put up with these low-res, near-useless touchscreen phones, only to have a tiny keyboard underneath -and then there's the whole BB10 issue...

...sorry, the world has moved on, Q10 sales are clearly showing this with their already waaaay-below-expected numbers.
    Enjoy your Q10 and if you love it buy a second one and put it away - because as things look for BB unless a white knight arrives this will be their last premium QWERTY-handset, for sure.

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    09-01-13 10:40 PM
101 123 ...