Does anyone know if the new BlackBerry Bold Touch or Monaco will include Adobe flash player or similar for the browser? or will we have to wait until next year for it to be on the QNX system?
    02-17-11 08:18 AM
    I highly doubt it.
    I would say they'd wait for QNX
    02-17-11 08:21 AM
    Not sure if anyone knows for sure yet. Of course Adobe has been rumoured to be coming to BB for ages now..so if I had to guess I'd say it won't be included upon release but will be "in the near future" (as we've been told before)
    02-17-11 08:22 AM
    Not sure if anyone knows for sure yet. Of course Adobe has been rumoured to be coming to BB for ages now..so if I had to guess I'd say it won't be included upon release but will be "in the near future" (as we've been told before)
    They did release it for blackberry.
    It's called the Playbook.
    02-17-11 08:26 AM
    They did release it for blackberry.
    It's called the Playbook.
    Oh really? Where can I pick one up? Ima go out and buy one right now!

Anyways..he was referring to handhelds..
    02-17-11 08:29 AM
    Adobe says Flash 10.2 will be available for Blackberry and Android this year. They also have said before that Flash would be available a couple years ago on Blackberry, so I'd take anything Adobe says with a grain of salt!
    02-17-11 08:58 AM
    How long do you think it would take to load a webpage with FLASH on a BB??

The whole encryption and compression is great for RIM and Carriers... not so great if you want to browse the web though.

Might be the reason that the Playbook doesn't connect to RIM's servers itself....
    02-17-11 09:37 AM
    How long do you think it would take to load a webpage with FLASH on a BB??

The whole encryption and compression is great for RIM and Carriers... not so great if you want to browse the web though.

Might be the reason that the Playbook doesn't connect to RIM's servers itself....
    Most of the newer SoCs have dedicated encryption engines on the chip, including the OMAP that will be used on the Playbook. I'm fairly certain that Flash will only be support on the newest Blackberry devices running 6.1, and the Playbook. Compression should be sped up with the new processors too. My main concern is the RIM NOC that we are forced to proxy through being a bottleneck. More people trying to get more content all going through there NOC scares me. Would love to have an option to run Web browsing outside of the normal BIS pipe and just go straight out of the providers POP.
    02-17-11 10:45 AM
    Most of the newer SoCs have dedicated encryption engines on the chip, including the OMAP that will be used on the Playbook. I'm fairly certain that Flash will only be support on the newest Blackberry devices running 6.1, and the Playbook. Compression should be sped up with the new processors too. My main concern is the RIM NOC that we are forced to proxy through being a bottleneck. More people trying to get more content all going through there NOC scares me. Would love to have an option to run Web browsing outside of the normal BIS pipe and just go straight out of the providers POP.
    Do we know if the Playbook is going to use RIM's network??

I'm thinking the whole tethering to a BB for email requirement is due to the Playbook not using RIM network in the first place... It is going to be like any other device, it will connect directly to the internet with no compression or extra security involved.... at least for now.
    02-18-11 01:58 PM
    I think the chipsets on the new up-and-coming devices would be able to run flash just fine. The question would be how much app space it would take up and whether Adobe would bother to release it pre-QNX...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 01:39 PM
    I want a Adobe Flash Player!, Old Nokia Phones still have it but not on a BlackBerry Phone yet?

I've been waiting for Centuries already!
    02-22-11 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD