08-13-15 12:39 PM
312 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Since 2010 ?
    04-08-14 08:03 AM
    I guess I'll start saving up now just in case this awesome phone comes out September 2014. Hopefully BlackBerry sells it unlocked direct since my carrier T-Mobile doesn't sell blackberry phones anymore

Posted via CB10
    haringfish likes this.
    04-08-14 08:20 AM
    I agree that BlackBerry needs something that can compete against HTC one, S5, Z2 (specs)...
    But Octacore, 4K is not really necessary...

* snapdragon 810, 2GB DDR 4, 2k, is superior enough to win this battle..

* and a nice, good looking, good build design! More metal body wood be cool..

Since 2010 ?
    I agree with you 100% I think octa core chipset is a little overkill!!! The 800 chipset matched with a good amount of ram 3gb-4gb will be perfect. I work for best buy mobile and when I get asked what phone do I use and show them and actually demo the phone and try to repeat the same thing on an Android they are blown away at the efficiency of the blackberry! And yes there is a demand for physical keyboard still!!! That's when I pull out my q10 and really blow their minds!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 08:39 AM
    I agree that BlackBerry needs something that can compete against HTC one, S5, Z2 (specs)...
    But Octacore, 4K is not really necessary...

* snapdragon 810, 2GB DDR 4, 2k, is superior enough to win this battle..

* and a nice, good looking, good build design! More metal body wood be cool..

Since 2010 ?
    #Edit: Just saw, that snapdragon 810 is a Octacore...not Quad as i said before.

I'd say... Z10 2G,.. gets the snapdragon 610 (quad)..
    Z30 2G... 808 (hexa)
    Z50... 810 (octa)

Since 2010 ?
    04-08-14 08:46 AM
    i think your all underestimating what it means to have written "4k Display" in a tech sheet,
    the 4k TVs are more than popular already and people don't think about what would be "enough", they just want the best

HTC should be an example how it is to have the best cell phone in the line up and not even selling half as much as the competitors

BlackBerry can't say: "2k will be enough for next year (or even this year) "
    they have to be like :"f**** tech limits, we push everything over the limits"
    haringfish likes this.
    04-08-14 08:59 AM
    i think your all underestimating what it means to have written "4k Display" in a tech sheet,
    the 4k TVs are more than popular already and people don't think about what would be "enough", they just want the best

HTC should be an example how it is to have the best cell phone in the line up and not even selling half as much as the competitors

1. A smartphone is not a TV
    2. Disagree: no to 4K's - yes to awesome battery life

Since 2010 ?
    04-08-14 09:53 AM
    1. A smartphone is not a TV
    2. Disagree: no to 4K's - yes to awesome battery life

Since 2010 ?
    -more and more people are seeing and using their devices as multimedia outlets..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-08-14 09:57 AM
    I agree completely... I use my Z30 as a multi-media device for everything (texts, email, reading news, reading books, watching videos and TV, etc.). I use it more than my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 10:09 AM
    My smartphone IS my TV. I watch more TV on my BlackBerry Z30 than on my TV. I read the news, watch videos, TV, text, e-mail, and phone. All while commuting by bus or train.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 10:10 AM
    And play games!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 10:12 AM
    -more and more people are seeing and using their devices as multimedia outlets..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    What's your point?
    That you can't deal with a 2k where you anyway can't be able to see the difference?

Since 2010 ?
    04-08-14 10:16 AM
    My smartphone IS my TV. I watch more TV on my BlackBerry Z30 than on my TV. I read the news, watch videos, TV, text, e-mail, and phone. All while commuting by bus or train.

Posted via CB10
    So you have to have 4K for...
    Text
    Email
    Commuting

I see.

Ok.

Since 2010 ?
    04-08-14 10:19 AM
    No, I don't have 4K on my Z30. Maybe with the Z50!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 11:20 AM
    What's your point?
    That you can't deal with a 2k where you anyway can't be able to see the difference?

Since 2010 ?
    Bro the point I'm guessing is that even though it might not be detected by a naked eye, but BlackBerry should have it to turn the heads and create that wow factor!!

Posted via CB10
    Vampiro and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-08-14 01:22 PM
    I want I want!

Z10
    04-08-14 01:34 PM
    Bro the point I'm guessing is that even though it might not be detected by a naked eye, but BlackBerry should have it to turn the heads and create that wow factor!!

Posted via CB10
    Ok ok i got that... but what about the battery life?

If BlackBerry can release a device with 2k this or next year.. isn't that Wow-enough?

I'd love to see the next device with at least 400ppi screen.. DDR4 RAM (wow effect) newest snapdragon generation...
    Oh and a huge battery.

Since 2010 ?
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-08-14 01:59 PM

If BlackBerry can release a device with 2k this or next year.. isn't that Wow-enough?

I'd love to see the next device with at least 400ppi screen.. DDR4 RAM (wow effect) newest snapdragon generation...
    Oh and a huge battery.

Since 2010 ?
    Dude anything that makes all of us say WOW would do

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 02:15 PM

Oh and a huge battery.

Since 2010 ?
    They can't go with 400ppi if the last HTC One already had something about 469ppi.
    I guess your not really into that point of modern marketing. It doesn't have to be logical, it just needs to outperform everything known up to date. Usual people don't know that more than 450ppi are senseless if you'r not having you eyes 1cm in front of the display.

You have to be a little bit more confident in BB. If they bring a phone with a 4k Display by that time they will have a battery with enough capacity. They just have to win the race to that point!

And also if your camera can take 4k videos you need a display to play them right? So 4k TV means you smart phone has to be 4k too, or you wanna play your 4k videos on a full hd smartphone display?
    04-09-14 01:50 AM
    They can't go with 400ppi if the last HTC One already had something about 469ppi.
    I guess your not really into that point of modern marketing. It doesn't have to be logical, it just needs to outperform everything known up to date. Usual people don't know that more than 450ppi are senseless if you'r not having you eyes 1cm in front of the display.

You have to be a little bit more confident in BB. If they bring a phone with a 4k Display by that time they will have a battery with enough capacity. They just have to win the race to that point!

And also if your camera can take 4k videos you need a display to play them right? So 4k TV means you smart phone has to be 4k too, or you wanna play your 4k videos on a full hd smartphone display?
    Ok i see.

Since 2010 ?
    04-09-14 02:21 AM

4k TVs are not "more than popular". They're being pushed on a public that is having trouble seeing the value proposition at this point.

Outside of Netflix there is no content, and no plans for a physical format. To stream content you're looking at 10GB per hour. That cuts the market considerably whenyou realize that only a tiny portion of North America has access to that kind of bandwidth.

It took Blu-ray years to catch on, because it was difficult to see the benefit over DVD. OTOH, DVD was huge because it made home video a whole new game compared to VHS.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    04-09-14 08:31 PM
    4k TVs are not "more than popular". They're being pushed on a public that is having trouble seeing the value proposition at this point.

Outside of Netflix there is no content, and no plans for a physical format. To stream content you're looking at 10GB per hour. That cuts the market considerably whenyou realize that only a tiny portion of North America has access to that kind of bandwidth.

It took Blu-ray years to catch on, because it was difficult to see the benefit over DVD. OTOH, DVD was huge because it made home video a whole new game compared to VHS.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    You're absolutely right. There is no content for 4K TVs right now, and people don't need them. However, I think you're missing his point.

Despite there not being any content people are buying. They see the spec sheet and want one. He's suggesting that this would be something that would draw attention to BlackBerry's new device as being an industry leader in specs.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    04-09-14 10:01 PM

Outside of Netflix there is no content, and no plans for a physical format.
    4k upconverting disc players are being sold at Future Shop right now. They retail for about $140.
    04-09-14 10:48 PM
    As an early Z10 adopter who is still on it, just let me leave this here:

64-Bit Monster BB10 Device - Sept. 2014-yc7yecp.jpg
    04-10-14 07:59 AM
    As an early Z10 adopter who is still on it, just let me leave this here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YC7Yecp.jpg 
Views:	2389 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	262006
    What screen size will the Z50 probably have? 5,2+in? Or more like 5,5+in?

Since 2010 ?
    04-10-14 08:06 AM
    What screen size will the Z50 probably have? 5,2+in? Or more like 5,5+in?
    There is no "Z50". Only three more qwerty handsets on the horizon. That's it.
    04-10-14 08:19 AM
312 ... 7891011 ...