08-13-15 12:39 PM
312 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Discussing this is drifting off-topic, but the Z30 is noticeably more responsive than the Z10. For me the size wasn't an issue and I got used to it quickly (no "That's what she said" jokes!).
    Initially had a problem with the size of the Z30, got to borrow the device from a friend of mine and it was surprising comfortable to hold. I hope the next device retains the screen size though.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 04:53 AM
    Initially had a problem with the size of the Z30, got to borrow the device from a friend of mine and it was surprising comfortable to hold. I hope the next device retains the screen size though.
    And is lighter. And faster. With a sharper screen.
    DJM626 likes this.
    04-06-14 08:45 AM
    Yes! That would be great!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 09:17 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to launch a marketing campaign like Apple.

Posted via CB10
    What does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to claim that BlackBerry's problems are all due to marketing?

Why do you think they don't have the resources to launch said marketing campaign? Because they came out with devices that over promised and under delivered!

The truth is that they do have enough money. No amount of marketing is going to help BlackBerry if they continue to try to sell devices that aren't competitive. They have an OS that's finally coming into its own. Now they need a competitive device to pair it with.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    04-06-14 09:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't want the new device to be much bigger than the Z30, but I also have to admit that I didn't expect to like a phone this size, either.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    04-06-14 10:03 PM
    I don't want the new device to be much bigger than the Z30, but I also have to admit that I didn't expect to like a phone this size, either.

So do you think it is worth a $500 upgrade from the Z10? Is it that faster? I realize we are off topic but I'm still trying to decide.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 10:06 PM
    So do you think it is worth a $500 upgrade from the Z10? Is it that faster? I realize we are off topic but I'm still trying to decide.

Posted via CB10
    Well it has a bigger screen, battery, better audio sound as I have been reading on here, and the paratek antenna technology. If you value those things, then it may be worth it. Oh and don't forget USB on the go

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 12:16 AM
    I would love to see BlackBerry bringing up a complete line up at once in Sept. or even earlier this year.

My suggestion to be a game changer (I am just giving those devices random names)
    A10 with: 4,2" 2k Display, 3GB Ram, 16GB internal memory+ microsdxc, about the size of the current Z10 or even a lil bit smaller, not an Octa Core but Quad Core at least, 2600mAh battery
    A20 with: 4,7" 4k Display, 4GB Ram, 32GB internal memory + microsdxc, about the size of the HTC One M7 or even HTC One X, with Octa Core processor, 3000mAh battery
    A30 with: 5,3" 4k Display, 4GB Ram, choice of 32 or 64GB internal memory + microsdxc, and about the size of the current Z30, with Octa Core processor, 3200mAh battery

additional: either Intel or Qualcomm processors, make the system more efficient to use less battery, probably a partnership with Leica Lenses (carl zeiss is already taken )

my wallet just screams for such a line up of smartphones
    havok2525 likes this.
    04-07-14 10:50 AM
    I would love to see BlackBerry bringing up a complete line up at once in Sept. or even earlier this year.

My suggestion to be a game changer (I am just giving those devices random names)
    A10 with: 4,2" 2k Display, 3GB Ram, 16GB internal memory+ microsdxc, about the size of the current Z10 or even a lil bit smaller, not an Octa Core but Quad Core at least, 2600mAh battery
    A20 with: 4,7" 4k Display, 4GB Ram, 32GB internal memory + microsdxc, about the size of the HTC One M7 or even HTC One X, with Octa Core processor, 3000mAh battery
    A30 with: 5,3" 4k Display, 4GB Ram, choice of 32 or 64GB internal memory + microsdxc, and about the size of the current Z30, with Octa Core processor, 3200mAh battery

additional: either Intel or Qualcomm processors, make the system more efficient to use less battery, probably a partnership with Leica Lenses (carl zeiss is already taken )

Oh yeah, Now We Are Talking )
    I know they aren't going to do it, but hell yeah for this, I'll buy all three in a blink of an eye )

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:16 AM

At the A20

64-Bit Monster BB10 Device - Sept. 2014-crackberry-image-1-.jpg

Posted via My Beast Q10
    04-07-14 11:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    $500 sounds a bit steep.

The Z30 has a lot of advantages over the Z10, for sure. I think it represents good value for what it costs over a Z10, retail to retail.

04-07-14 01:06 PM
    $500 sounds a bit steep.

The Z30 has a lot of advantages over the Z10, for sure. I think it represents good value for what it costs over a Z10, retail to retail.

Yeah that was my conclusion as well. It's a good enough upgrade but not worth $500. Besides I like my Z10 a ton so there isn't a need to upgrade right now. But if the phone described in this thread comes out later this year or in 2015 then I'll be ready to upgrade.
    04-07-14 01:21 PM

You are insane!

a) Intel?? So more work for the software developers.. they have to change the OS for intel... Intel is btw ****....
    b) 2k? For what .. for ****'s sake?
    c) 4k????? Ridiculous!!
    d) Octacore??? No one needs that...

Since 2010 ?
    04-07-14 03:40 PM
    You are insane!

a) Intel?? So more work for the software developers.. they have to change the OS for intel... Intel is btw ****....
    c) 4k????? Ridiculous!!

Since 2010 ?
    a) as far as I know are Intels processors are much more battery savers than Qualcomms
    b) almost all the semi-pro and professional displays for computers use 2k (e.g Dell U2713H 2560 x 1440 px) and if the smartphones intern camera can capture 2k or 4k videos i don't want to have a smartphone display with only full hd capability (of course everything is going to step up to 4k or even more but for now 2k would be nice)
    c) see b, by the way Oppo already got a 4k smartphone
    d) if you read my full post then you read this sentence "My suggestion to be a game changer ", if BlackBerry wants tu succeed they have to push everything to the limits
    04-07-14 04:03 PM

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    04-07-14 08:27 PM
    a) as far as I know are Intels processors are much more battery savers than Qualcomms
    b) almost all the semi-pro and professional displays for computers use 2k (e.g Dell U2713H 2560 x 1440 px) and if the smartphones intern camera can capture 2k or 4k videos i don't want to have a smartphone display with only full hd capability (of course everything is going to step up to 4k or even more but for now 2k would be nice)
    c) see b, by the way Oppo already got a 4k smartphone
    d) if you read my full post then you read this sentence "My suggestion to be a game changer ", if BlackBerry wants tu succeed they have to push everything to the limits
    Look. I would buy all these devices.. but let's be realistic ...
    *ok you are probably right about intel!
    *I would say in 2015+ 2k is a must have for all companies. But 4k? Just nonsense.. it's battery draining... or am I wrong?
    *And 4GB ram? For what ? I would appreciate 2GB with DDR4 instead of DDR2 like now if I'm correct.. (Z10 G2)
    And 3GB for bigger devices..

Since 2010 ?
    04-08-14 02:25 AM
    Look. I would buy all these devices.. but let's be realistic ...
    *ok you are probably right about intel!
    *I would say in 2015+ 2k is a must have for all companies. But 4k? Just nonsense.. it's battery draining... or am I wrong?
    *And 4GB ram? For what ? I would appreciate 2GB with DDR4 instead of DDR2 like now if I'm correct.. (Z10 G2)
    And 3GB for bigger devices..

Since 2010 ?
    I know we have to be realistic, but IF Blackberry WANTS to be a GAME changer they have to make those devices possible.

Of course 4k will need a lot of resources, but in my opinion its easily possible to be created in these times.
    I often use all of the 2GB RAM with my Z10.

Your taking an realistic look, but BB has to compete with other handheld device producers and those don't care what looks realistic for BB users. Samsung will also push the limits with the next Note Generation and Apple will hit the market hard with the new A7x or A8.
    04-08-14 03:38 AM
    You are insane!

c) 4k????? Ridiculous!!

Since 2010 ?
    The point isn't what people need. It's what they WANT that is the point. What people want is new and powerful with lots of features.

Do you think anyone needs a 903 hp McLaren P1? Obviously not. Heck they don't even need a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, or Acura etc. All they NEED is a Honda Civic.

Coming out with a phone that meets people's needs and then trying to convince them it's good enough is the path to failure for BlackBerry.

Being an innovator with top notch products is the key to success.

04-08-14 04:15 AM
    The point isn't what people need. It's what they WANT that is the point. What people want is new and powerful with lots of features.

Do you think anyone needs a 903 hp McLaren P1? Obviously not. Heck they don't even need a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, or Acura etc. All they NEED is a Honda Civic.

Coming out with a phone that meets people's needs and then trying to convince them it's good enough is the path to failure for BlackBerry.

Being an innovator with top notch products is the key to success.

4k, Octacore, can cause overheating or/and battery draining...
    2k is totally enough... 4k is just too much!

Since 2010 ?
    04-08-14 04:29 AM
    4k, Octacore, can cause overheating or/and battery draining...
    2k is totally enough... 4k is just too much!

Since 2010 ?
    I'd agree. 2K would be fine. I think octacore is definitely the way to go, however. By 2015 I think we'll see those in other phones, so BlackBerry should do it first and get all the free publicity of being an industry leader.

04-08-14 05:25 AM
    I'd agree. 2K would be fine. I think octacore is definitely the way to go, however. By 2015 I think we'll see those in other phones, so BlackBerry should do it first and get all the free publicity of being an industry leader.

It's already been done.. http://promotion.geekbuying.com/prom...ta_core_phones

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-08-14 05:35 AM
    It's already been done.. http://promotion.geekbuying.com/prom...ta_core_phones

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    All those Octacore chips are crap!!!
    I prefer snapdragon 810 atm..

Since 2010 ?
    04-08-14 06:41 AM
    BlackBerry needs to strive for industry leading specs just to remain on par with the competition.
    04-08-14 07:33 AM
    I don't think it has to remain on par, but needs to SURPASS everything else that will be coming out within the time frame the next flagship is released.

For once I'd like to see BlackBerry out do everyone else in every way shape and form. They should be studying what else is our there and strive to make themselves better in every way by offering something that does not already exist within the other platforms or current hand sets

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 07:45 AM
    I agree that BlackBerry needs something that can compete against HTC one, S5, Z2 (specs)...
    But Octacore, 4K is not really necessary...

* snapdragon 810, 2GB DDR 4, 2k, is superior enough to win this battle..

* and a nice, good looking, good build design! More metal body wood be cool..

Since 2010 ?
    04-08-14 08:02 AM
312 ... 678910 ...