08-13-15 12:39 PM
312 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I don't want to say that a Z50 or whatever it may be called is coming out for sure, but living in Kitchener - Waterloo and the type of business I'm in, I deal with a lot of BlackBerry employees and can say that while dealing with one of my clients (they know I'm a big BlackBerry supporter) he/she accidently pulled out their BlackBerry Z? Phone out and I saw it. It was bigger than a z30 and looked like it was in the early stages of being developed. I couldn't get any other info about it and trust me I tried. All they would say is that it's going to better than the Z30 which this person also had. So who knows, maybe it will never see the light of day or maybe it will. Oh yeah and it wasn't the Z5, I've seen and held that one already.

For all you snowboarders -> C0034CABD
    Wohhooo! Hopefully it will be just in time for my contract renewal, did you see anything tool belt related?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-04-14 01:41 AM
    I don't want to say that a Z50 or whatever it may be called is coming out for sure, but living in Kitchener - Waterloo and the type of business I'm in, I deal with a lot of BlackBerry employees and can say that while dealing with one of my clients (they know I'm a big BlackBerry supporter) he/she accidently pulled out their BlackBerry Z? Phone out and I saw it. It was bigger than a z30 and looked like it was in the early stages of being developed. I couldn't get any other info about it and trust me I tried. All they would say is that it's going to better than the Z30 which this person also had. So who knows, maybe it will never see the light of day or maybe it will. Oh yeah and it wasn't the Z5, I've seen and held that one already.

Even if it did exist in early development, it could still get scrapped... I hope that's not the case..

I feel bad for the engineers who work very hard on a new phone trying to make it perfect then all their work gets thrown in the trash because of a strategy change..

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    04-04-14 01:41 AM

Bla bla bla.. don't talk sh*t...

Since 2010 ?
    04-04-14 01:49 AM

Anybody who would do that could be fired. Pretty unbelievable story, bro.
    04-04-14 08:11 AM
    I didn't even want to mention anything and I'm not really sure why I did. Regardless I know what I saw, I don't care to prove it to anyone on here. It was an honest mistake from the person that pulled out in the incorrect phone. Living in the KW region you'd be surprised how much is really known about BlackBerry if you know people from within the walls at BlackBerry. Anyways time will tell if this specific device launches this year it not. And for the person that asked, it didn't have a belt, not that I saw cause it was a full touch screen. And the phone was in sleep mode.

04-04-14 09:48 PM
    It was bigger than a z30
    I'm hoping what you wrote isn't true because of that quote. I would prefer that it's not bigger than the Z30. A smaller 4.7" screen is what I would prefer.
    04-05-14 12:07 AM
    I didn't even want to mention anything and I'm not really sure why I did. Regardless I know what I saw, I don't care to prove it to anyone on here. It was an honest mistake from the person that pulled out in the incorrect phone. Living in the KW region you'd be surprised how much is really known about BlackBerry if you know people from within the walls at BlackBerry. Anyways time will tell if this specific device launches this year it not. And for the person that asked, it didn't have a belt, not that I saw cause it was a full touch screen. And the phone was in sleep mode.

Was it the Z3? I doubt it is because they said it's better than the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 02:30 PM
    Was it the Z3? I doubt it is because they said it's better than the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    If you read his first post he doesn't believe so, it didn't match the Z3 he's seen before..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-05-14 02:35 PM

Fair enough, did you manage to glimpse anything 10.3 OS related? Like was it the new clock we've seen?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-05-14 02:36 PM
    I have the Z30 and it's the best device I ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:34 PM
    It definitely wasn't the Z3 or the Z30, it was a new device that I guess they're currently testing. I tried to get any and all information that I could about it, but they wouldn't say anything except for that it was a better device than the Z30, but they also said it needs a lot of work still. This was 3 weeks ago now so hopefully whatever that device may be, it comes this year. I honestly don't know, but when I asked if it was coming this year they wouldn't deny nor confirm.

04-05-14 09:49 PM
    Wow, I hope all this is true. Like I said, I'm very impressed with the Z30, as are many consumers. However, if the Z50 does appear, and has the rumoured 5.2" screen, quad-core processor, and more fined camera and other specs, I'm going to buy it!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:01 PM
    Wow, I hope all this is true. Like I said, I'm very impressed with the Z30, as are many consumers.
    It's not exactly flying off the shelves though.
    vgorous likes this.
    04-05-14 10:38 PM
    It's not exactly flying off the shelves though.
    Lol. Too funny.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:40 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to launch a marketing campaign like Apple.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:49 PM
    Hopefully by then, there will be some new marketing strategies in play, and things will be changing and advancing even more then they have been now, so we might not have to worry about that as much
    04-05-14 10:51 PM
    We can only hope. I would hate to see BlackBerry disappear. Consumers are better off with more choice.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:54 PM
    If there's no full touch monster BlackBerry 10 device for this year, that's it. I'm done with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:01 PM
    The Z30 is a great all-touch device!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:03 PM
    The Z30 is a great all-touch device!

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking of buying one. But I do love my Z10. So I need to decide if the upgrade is worth it.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:04 PM
    Well, the Z10 is great too; it has a bright, crisp back lit LCD screen, it's light and compact. The Z30 is a bit bigger and heavier, but has a big 5" AMOLED Screen, great virtual keyboard with predictive text, big long-lasting battery (two days), sensitive Paratek antenna, FM radio tuner, HDMI and USB ports, NFC and MiraCast connectivity in addition to BlueTooth, easy to edit Word and Excel docs, and has a solid build. I have had the Z30 for three months now, and I can say it's the best device I've ever owned. You can red my reviews at Bell.ca, BestBuy.ca, CNET.com , and The Source.ca (No, I don't work for any cell or phone company, nor any carrier). Note that there are a few rumours that a Z50 may come out in 2014 or 2015. Hope all this helps you decide!

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    04-05-14 11:17 PM
    Note further: I also got the Z30 since I am a commuter (bus/train), and find myself using my cell phone increasingly as an e-reader for news and books. I also watch TV on my Z30. If you drive, you may not have the same habits or needs.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:20 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to launch a marketing campaign like Apple.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, they actually do. $1b is more than enough.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 12:24 AM
    We can only hope. I would hate to see BlackBerry disappear. Consumers are better off with more choice.

Posted via CB10
    I would hate to see it disappear too, but I really think they are going to be around. Seems like there has been more motivation behind them with John then in the past, and I think in time we are going to see more great things coming out of BB
    04-06-14 12:57 AM
    I'm thinking of buying one. But I do love my Z10. So I need to decide if the upgrade is worth it.

Posted via CB10
    Discussing this is drifting off-topic, but the Z30 is noticeably more responsive than the Z10. For me the size wasn't an issue and I got used to it quickly (no "That's what she said" jokes!).
    grover5 likes this.
    04-06-14 01:14 AM
312 ... 56789 ...