08-13-15 01:39 PM
312 1234 ...
tools
    Give me a Z30 with at least 32 GB of internal storage and I'm done
    And a proper HD screen.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-17-14 11:57 AM
    I just hope they have quality design artists and engineers working on the phones. BlackBerry has generally been pretty good in terms of build quality and design, but an a aesthetically pleasing phone is just so important. I think the Q10 and the Z30 were done well. The Z10 is average to me. But since the new team is in place the Z3 I thought was a great looking phone specially for the price point. So I hope they continue to improve under Chen and his team when it comes to phone design.
    03-17-14 11:58 AM
    Also, device leaks always make this place more fun.
    03-17-14 11:59 AM
    A phone with these specs needs more things for customers to buy than what bb10 has:

Apps. Please don't say snap because it still needs to be side loaded and most customers would do this. BlackBerry needs to have Google services setup before this phone releases and snap available in BlackBerry World, or all working apps ported into BlackBerry World for this obstacle to be overcome

Marketing. Still waiting to see a proper BlackBerry ad on TV. Don't think this can be emphasised enough.

Support. Not from us but carriers. How many of us have heard of friends/family going to get a new phone and the store steers them away from BlackBerry? Why? Because the rep uses either an android or iPhone or that's all they know how to use.

Why am I schooling people I see on the streets about what bb10 can do and blowing them away? This is the carriers job. More importantly this is BlackBerry jobs to complete with the carriers so they can school the end users
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-17-14 11:59 AM
    5.2 inch??? Really? Can't we get an upgraded, amazing 4.2 inch phone?

Love the size of the Z10, just want some upgrades underneath!
    03-17-14 12:47 PM

I don't mind the size of the Z10. But I think I'd prefer the 5.2" as long as it is 1080p.

Elite1 likes this.
    03-17-14 02:01 PM

As much as I'd want one too, the trend is going towards bigger phones and also bigger phones mean they can put in bigger bateries and keep the device slim

Throw me a 32 GB Z10 with a 2500 mAh and I'll be happy for the next 2 years. Or even a 32 GB Z30 for all it matters

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 and Elite1 like this.
    03-17-14 02:14 PM
    We're all getting older and blinder by the minute staring at all these screens. Trust me, we'll have newspaper-sized 'mobile' devices attached to our walkers by the time we're done here.
    03-17-14 02:25 PM
    I love this "what if" session as much as the next person..and truth be told, I'd rush out and upgrade my Z30 to this rumored device. As will a good XX thousand die hards. But if you really , really think it through. Hardware will not sell more BB's.
    The persistent perception about BB is that it's done. Lost it's cool, never to be used again for fear of looking like you don't get it. Think of that competition that Wired mag did where the Z30 excelled and beat the other phones at the tasks thrown at it. The word and bashing never changed, in fact it was MEH!!!

I see two paths for BB if BB continues to fight for consumers 1) Become Myspace ( even after JT tried to inject cool into it). It's considered old news and the domain of yester-year. 2) Huge turnaround ala Audi and Apple. Fixed the brand, introduced new products, cleaned up the quality and thrived. small detail, need $400-$600M marketing budget .

A 3rd option, the one Chen is promoting is my fav: carve out a profitable segment and stay there for as long as they need to. Own the key attributes that are loved by the diehards and let the fickle marketplace be fought over by the deep pocketed consumer brands. If BB can execute and gain trust again, it's conceivable they can modify the current perception.

Anything can happen, but I don't think a new device is the path to redemption.
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-17-14 02:43 PM
    Humm, interesting that you posted my Post in defense of the Z30, along with the link. Humm.. OK...
    Here is another link pertaining to the 64-Bit BlackBerry high end Smart Phone that is said to be available sometime in Sept-Oct 2014.

BlackBerry 64-bit octa-core phone coming this September not 2015, says source

Rumoured Spec's
    Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8994 @ 2.5GHz per Core
    64-bit Octa-Core (100% Sure)
    OpenGL 3
    4GB Memory
    5.2" screen at 1080 x 1920 etc.,
    --------------
    The original Z50 developed and designed by the previous Management has been Re-Vamped because it originally called for a 3GB Memory and a Quad-Core CPU @ 2.3GHz. If BlackBerry wants to WOW the people and wants to attract Android/iOS users to BB10, John Chen will need to super charge the specs, such as the specs I've listed above.
    Make me laugh when iPhone 5S have a 64-bit processor but 32-bit OS and still emphasis their CPU is superior.
    nick13b likes this.
    03-17-14 03:23 PM
    Lol love how high specs are battery draining until BlackBerry gets them...

Hopefully this turns out to be true. It's been long overdue that BlackBerry releases a true powerhouse but it's going to take more than specs to get people excited. 10.3 or whatever software this device comes with is going to have to bring the goods. Give us something that uses all that horsepower...something that only a BlackBerry can do, actually market the device, and PLEASE don't overcharge for it.

I look forward to this device.
    03-17-14 03:33 PM
    If this retails for $650 it still won't sell. BB will have an even harder time convincing carriers to stock the new phone once Verizon reflects on how many Z30s sold. Sell it thru their online store and concentrate on the enterprise market thats the only way and enterprise doesn't care about 64bit.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-17-14 03:52 PM
    If this retails for $650 it still won't sell. BB will have an even harder time convincing carriers to stock the new phone once Verizon reflects on how many Z30s sold. Sell it thru their online store and concentrate on the enterprise market thats the only way and enterprise doesn't care about 64bit.
    To me the sales strategy should as follows. Sell the device at a cheaper price point to get it into users's hands. If they can get enough devices out it will help to spread word of mouth as to how good the device and in turn help counter the perception that BlackBerry is a dying breed.

You can have the best phone in the world, but if nobody has it, you aren't going to succeed. Can't just be one or two people using it. Needs to be enough to get people thinking BlackBerry again. At $650 only the die hard BlackBerry fan is going to buy this. It has to be at a lower price point to appeal to the masses. Once BlackBerry regains some market share they can start selling their phones in the higher price points.

I've seen so many people I work with switch from BlackBerry to iPhone because everyone else has one. It just continues to snowball from there.

Now BlackBerry needs to do the same if this device does actually see the light of day.

03-17-14 04:19 PM
    These specs seem on par with net books.

Not sure if we need such power on a smartphone... what apps in mobile environment would need or use this power?? Unless a big surprise is being hatched in BlackBerry land, I am skeptical... !
    If the others are fighting on specs, BBRY has no choice but to play that way as well if it wants to compete. Unfortunately, the consumer is focused on and is swayed by comparative specs.
    03-17-14 04:23 PM
    If the others are fighting on specs, BBRY has no choice but to play that way as well if it wants to compete.
    Absolutely. And they need to sell their phones at a price that reflects their current position in the market. Once they get their phones out there they will get huge word of mouth publicity.

BlackBerry needs to create buzz, just the way iPhone did.

03-17-14 04:23 PM
    We're all getting older and blinder by the minute staring at all these screens. Trust me, we'll have newspaper-sized 'mobile' devices attached to our walkers by the time we're done here.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    03-17-14 04:26 PM
    A phone with these specs needs more things for customers to buy than what bb10 has:

[b]Apps. Please don't say snap because it still needs to be side loaded and most customers would do this. BlackBerry needs to have Google services setup before this phone releases and snap available in BlackBerry World, or all working apps ported into BlackBerry World for this obstacle to be overcome
    <snip>
    If only it was that easy. Don't you think Google has a say in whether or not that gets done?
    03-17-14 04:43 PM
    To me the sales strategy should as follows. Sell the device at a cheaper price point to get it into users's hands. If they can get enough devices out it will help to spread word of mouth as to how good the device and in turn help counter the perception that BlackBerry is a dying breed.
    That is certainly an alternative strategy but one very unlikely to be taken by BB primarily because it would tie up alot of capital for devices in channel and advertising but with very low profit margins. The stock market won't like that at all. MS is doing this right now but it hasn't had a huge impact here in the US yet.
    irweezyy likes this.
    03-17-14 04:46 PM
    I love this and sadly it's so true.

Stay Classy CrackBerry Nation!
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    03-17-14 05:06 PM
    Android store out of the box is needed! Alongside Google services.

With this, Bbry also needs to certify apps that are available via Google. Just to certify that they work properly and that there isn't a new "broken apps" problem.

Some android people will move to bb10 if you get Google services working!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 05:08 PM
    That is certainly an alternative strategy but one very unlikely to be taken by BB primarily because it would tie up alot of capital for devices in channel and advertising but with very low profit margins. The stock market won't like that at all. MS is doing this right now but it hasn't had a huge impact here in the US yet.
    Perhaps, but not selling any phones, the way they did with the Z10, is also an expensive strategy that the market won't like.

I'm not suggesting they give the phones away, I'm just suggesting that they don't price them as high as the iPhone or flagship Android phones.

03-17-14 05:17 PM
    Android store out of the box is needed! Alongside Google services.

With this, Bbry also needs to certify apps that are available via Google. Just to certify that they work properly and that there isn't a new "broken apps" problem.

Some android people will move to bb10 if you get Google services working!

Posted via CB10
    Google owns the Android trademark for electronic communication devices, BB would not get permission to use that in their advertising and if they did then they would get a cease-desist order pronto.

They will never get permission because BB would never put Google Apps front and center on the homescreen which is one of the absolutes for Android OEMS. The other is BB10, BB would have to discard that and use a BB10 skin like Samsungs Touchwiz on top of Android OS.
    03-17-14 05:32 PM
    Not sure where they got this info from...."A few months after his announcement, BlackBerry launched Z30 which was the slowest device of all."
    03-17-14 05:33 PM
    Not sure where they got this info from...."A few months after his announcement, BlackBerry launched Z30 which was the slowest device of all."
    What lol !

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-17-14 05:34 PM
    What lol !

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I would really like them to prove that the Z30 is the "slowest device of all."
    03-17-14 05:54 PM
312 1234 ...