08-13-15 12:39 PM
312 ... 10111213
tools
    They just released one like 3 months ago

Posted via CB10
    Wich one, dude???

Last high end device was the Z30, right??

announced / released : september 2013 / mid October 2013

Since 2010 ?
    04-19-14 07:41 AM
    I would love to see a Z, with 5.5in with no bezels so it won't be much bigger than the z30

Since 2010 ?
    Exactly! And with metal body.

Posted using my Z30
    04-19-14 07:49 AM
    They just released one like 3 months ago

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about? There has been no new flagship devices for 6 months (5 in the USA)?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    04-19-14 12:16 PM
    It's not important what people need, it's giving people what they want that makes them buy a device. BlackBerry needs to offer a device that people want. People generally want the next best thing not just another device that can do the job

I'm totally happy with my Z10 and it's the stl100-1! Sure I want a Z30 but that's just because I don't have one yet.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. This is what BlackBerry needs to understand. People want high end, whether they need it or not.

BlackBerry is busy selling their phones as the same price as the competition and they aren't offer the same tech. Doesn't make sense and it isn't going to work in the long term.

menshawy likes this.
    04-19-14 12:18 PM
    I would love to see a Z, with 5.5in with no bezels so it won't be much bigger than the z30

Since 2010 ?
    I'm with you on that one. Make it look like the "coupe" concept and I'll be first in line to buy one.

04-19-14 12:21 PM
    Wich one, dude???

Last high end device was the Z30, right??

announced / released : september 2013 / mid October 2013

Since 2010 ?
    I'm talking about the releasing of the os

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 12:22 PM
    I'm talking about the releasing of the os

Posted via CB10
    Ok true... don't know why I thought you were talking about devices...

Sry

Since 2010 ?
    04-19-14 12:40 PM
    Imo the Z10 needs the refresh and should be the hero phone for BlackBerry. Keep the same size phone but extend the screen to 4.7"+/- by reducing the ridiculously large bezels and moving some things around. Include all the things that make the z30 great and improve upon them further. This is the best selling screen size on the market today. The Z30 is just too big for some.

The Z30 is still relatively new and can wait to be updated. Then you will be able to alternate upgrades between the smaller Z10 type and then update the larger screen phones further in the calendar. Something similar as to what Samsung does with the Galaxy and the Note lines. They could also pepper in the Q lines alternately as well. This would keep the BlackBerry name relevant in the tech world and would allow them to stay ahead of the curve with the ability to offer the latest and greatest with their next upgrade.

I know this is probably the eventual plan and the company could probably not afford to do this now. But this will be a good strategy in my opinion. Hopefully the Foxconn deal will allow them to more easily realize this device strategy.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 02:35 PM
    Imo the Z10 needs the refresh and should be the hero phone for BlackBerry. Keep the same size phone but extend the screen to 4.7"+/- by reducing the ridiculously large bezels and moving some things around. Include all the things that make the z30 great and improve upon them further. This is the best selling screen size on the market today. The Z30 is just too big for some.

The Z30 is still relatively new and can wait to be updated. Then you will be able to alternate upgrades between the smaller Z10 type and then update the larger screen phones further in the calendar. Something similar as to what Samsung does with the Galaxy and the Note lines. They could also pepper in the Q lines alternately as well. This would keep the BlackBerry name relevant in the tech world and would allow them to stay ahead of the curve with the ability to offer the latest and greatest with their next upgrade.

I know this is probably the eventual plan and the company could probably not afford to do this now. But this will be a good strategy in my opinion. Hopefully the Foxconn deal will allow them to more easily realize this device strategy.

Posted via CB10
    True to that: "ridiculously large bezels "

Since 2010 ?
    04-19-14 03:03 PM
    True to that: "ridiculously large bezels "

Since 2010 ?
    I'm not a fan of the bezel either. But without a bezel won't it be impossible to create a heavy duty case?

04-19-14 09:05 PM
    This is the best selling screen size on the market today.
    This is why I believe it would be a mistake if BlackBerry doesn't update the Z10. I've read reports that phones in the 4"-4.7" size range are still the best selling phones.
    04-19-14 10:32 PM
    I'm not a fan of the bezel either. But without a bezel won't it be impossible to create a heavy duty case?

I was referring to the black bezels around the screen that are very large. I understand that we need some bezel for the swipe features of the OS but if you try you can complete all the gestures at the very edge of the screen. To address your point about rigidity and strength of the case/phone I believe this can be addressed using high end components like metal and new sapphire glass technology.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 09:28 AM
    Make me laugh when iPhone 5S have a 64-bit processor but 32-bit OS and still emphasis their CPU is superior.
    What good is a Ferrari with Ford Pinto tires?

Sent from my Z30 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-24-14 04:43 AM
    I think they are trying to create a future proof phone so that it can handle anything that we would need it to handle.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 05:04 AM
    What good is a Ferrari with Ford Pinto tires?

Sent from my Z30 using CB Forums mobile app
    The Pinto is a classic. How dare you use it in an analogy that way! Lol

04-24-14 05:09 AM
    The Pinto is a classic. How dare you use it in an analogy that way! Lol

I hope the Z50 comes out eventually.

Posted using my Z30
    kfh227 likes this.
    04-24-14 01:12 PM
    I hope the Z50 comes out eventually.

Posted using my Z30
    Not this year... for sure. Or any new device besides of the Z3/Classic.. I think this is it for 2014...
    Actually what a shame...

Since 2010 ?
    Last edited by Koepman; 04-25-14 at 02:37 AM.
    04-24-14 01:15 PM
    I personally don't care when they will release this new flagship BB device. I still use and love my BB 8900; I love the physical trackball. It has all the apps I need. Making calls is as simple as typing the phone number and hitting the green call button; can't get any simpler than that.

Actually, I want a phone that looks exactly like the BB 8900 with trackball, with an HD screen, the ability to use wifi without a data plan and much faster browsing due to increases in hardware performance and LTE speeds. That would be my phone for life. I would buy tonnes of them and just open another box when the previous phone malfunctions/gets lost/gets stolen, etc.

I can wait another 2-3 years until I upgrade.
    04-24-14 07:28 PM
    This is why I believe it would be a mistake if BlackBerry doesn't update the Z10. I've read reports that phones in the 4"-4.7" size range are still the best selling phones.
    What size is the iPhone because that would quickly explain that metric.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 07:06 PM
    What size is the iPhone because that would quickly explain that metric.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. Since the iPhone is only made in one size obviously it is going to be the best selling size.

04-25-14 09:54 PM
    Absolutely. Since the iPhone is only made in one size obviously it is going to be the best selling size.

We can't get stuck on screen size, I think we need to focus on overall phone size. As I previously mentioned the Z10 could shrink it's bezels considerably to allow for a much larger screen size. The overall phone shouldn't change dimensions. I wonder what size phone, overall dimensions, is the market sweet spot. I think the Z10 is perfect for one handed use ,but it needs a significant bump up in screen size to get appeal to that broader customer base. The Z30 upgrade could in turn grow larger as well to capture that phablet-type consumer/prosumer/or whomever.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 10:09 AM
    We can't get stuck on screen size, I think we need to focus on overall phone size. As I previously mentioned the Z10 could shrink it's bezels considerably to allow for a much larger screen size. The overall phone shouldn't change dimensions. I wonder what size phone, overall dimensions, is the market sweet spot. I think the Z10 is perfect for one handed use ,but it needs a significant bump up in screen size to get appeal to that broader customer base. The Z30 upgrade could in turn grow larger as well to capture that phablet-type consumer/prosumer/or whomever.

Posted via CB10

I like my 4.2in.. but I'm for much much much smaller bezels... > so slimmer phone.

A 4.2in small compact... iPhone like size..

Since 2010 ?
    04-26-14 10:33 AM

Their new releases are going to be available in several different sizes, which to me is a great idea
    04-26-14 10:50 AM
    Not this year... for sure. Or any new device besides of the Z3/Classic.. I think this is it for 2014...
    Actually what a shame...

Since 2010 ?
    Once again, John Chen admit in several interviews, they are working hard to have the so called "Attract New Customers" device, most likely the High End Z50 device out sometime within Sept. 2014. If not, next is just before the 2014 Christmas Season.
    This device IMO is the FULL TOUCH Z50, only because BBRY will not attract New Customers with a Physical Keyboard device. Obviously.

http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...new-customers/

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    04-26-14 08:03 PM
    Once again, John Chen admit in several interviews, they are working hard to have the so called "Attract New Customers" device, most likely the High End Z50 device out sometime within Sept. 2014. If not, next is just before the 2014 Christmas Season.
    This device IMO is the FULL TOUCH Z50, only because BBRY will not attract New Customers with a Physical Keyboard device. Obviously.

http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...new-customers/

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    BS

September??
    No way!!!
    Don't lie to yourself...

Since 2010 ?
    04-27-14 02:24 AM
312 ... 10111213