Views:	1891 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	263016

*Model Not Included*

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    You mean * monster not included *

Since 2010 ?
    04-14-14 10:24 AM
    Ya nice screen.. They beat samsung to the punch with the ultra high Def. Most pixels per inch of any screen. That's the company who makes screens for Samsung so they have an inside edge.

Posted via a mess called CB10
    04-14-14 12:13 PM
    If this phone is made it should compete with the note 3 in every way. They should even out do it. The screen should be 5.7 and we should be able to use that same style pin point stylus. 128 gigs on board and a minimum 128 gig SD card. With those specs you got a winner. Just go all in. Make the best phone period.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-14-14 12:32 PM
    If this phone is made it should compete with the note 3 in every way. They should even out do it. The screen should be 5.7 and we should be able to use that same style pin point stylus. 128 gigs on board and a minimum 128 gig SD card. With those specs you got a winner. Just go all in. Make the best phone period.

No no no thanks..

I don't want to be using a stylus, that should be a different line of Blackberry's, or even a mini PlayBook..

Not the Z50..

Think the size of the Z30 is just about as far big as I could go, but i havent used it extensively so not my last word on it.

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    lawguyman likes this.
    04-14-14 12:44 PM
    It would be great if the Z50 had a 5.2" screen, but retained the dimensions of the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 12:46 PM
    Phablets are the future. BlackBerry should turn that Z50 into one. The note 4 looks attractive but android can't really make use of an octa core like BBOS 10 can. BlackBerry can beat Samsung to the punch. These specs should be put into a new line of phone as well as the next gen up from the Z30.

04-14-14 12:56 PM
    Phablets are the future. BlackBerry should turn that Z50 into one. The note 4 looks attractive but android can't really make use of an octa core like BBOS 10 can. BlackBerry can beat Samsung to the punch. These specs should be put into a new line of phone as well as the next gen up from the Z30.

Phablets are one future..

They can't just change the device, I'm sure they have another device plan that would match the phablet, but not this one..

So you want them to turn they're entire high end full touch devices into phablet only? Even Samsung who arguably started the trend can see that whilst phablet salsa have risen, their smaller phones still sell more..

"Breaking this down further, 66 percent of these phablets had a 5 inch display, 31 percent had screens of between 5 and 6 inches, whilst just 3 percent had 6 inch or larger screens."
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/101174395

You can see the trend.. the bigger the screen the smaller the percentage of sales.. the trend is also more in developing markets China etc rather than Europe ..

"The market for phablets is exploding worldwide, especially in the Far East. Industry research groups widely define a phablet differently making the numbers confusing to analyze.

According to a report by Juniper Research, the phablet market includes devices with a screen size of between 5.6-inch to 6.9-inch measured diagonally. The research firm predicts this category will surge from 20 million units in 2013 to reach 120 million units by 2018. About half of the demand will come from Asian customers with North America and Europe only accounting for 40 million of those units. The report suggests high demand exists for cheaper phablets in developing countries like China, India, Brazil, and Russia."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2131...phablet-market

No I'm not contradicting myself, I'm not saying BlackBerry shouldn't look into making a Phablet, just saying they shouldn't abandon Z30 size screen for the sake of it..

"But Kantar warned that there are serious differences between locations. ?Phablet sales across Europe and US have been gradually rising, but it?s China which is driving demand. Phablet owners are less likely than the average consumer to own a tablet, indicating that phablets are increasingly being used as the primary device to browse online in China.

Interestingly, phablet ownership in China is skewed heavily to women, running counter to Europe and the US where it tends to be young, male early adopters.?"

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...mixed-fortunes

Just to reiterate my point that imho the high end z50 full touch with is aimed at developed markets e.g. UK should not grow to phablet size.. wrong time wrong place.

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-14-14 01:15 PM
    Oh I'd switch to the Q30 if the Z50 turned out to be a phablet. Please no.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 01:35 PM
    If those specs are true...
    04-14-14 07:37 PM
    Think the size of the Z30 is just about as far big as I could go,
    Agreed. I don't want any phone bigger than the Z30. I actually want a phone a little smaller to a 4.7" in size. The Z10 is slightly too small and the Z30 is slightly too big for me. I can live with another Z30 sized phone, but not bigger.
    DJM626 and mundo472 like this.
    04-15-14 01:12 AM
    I would like to see the Z50 with 5.2" screen, but no bigger than the Z30, and a bit lighter with metal body.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 06:48 AM
    I would love to see a Z, with 5.5in with no bezels so it won't be much bigger than the z30

Since 2010 ?
    crazigee likes this.
    04-15-14 07:38 AM
    So.. this thing will be able to do 3D renders..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-16-14 01:04 AM
    I personaly would like to see something more Z1-compact-like, because Z10 successor is much more needed that the Z30's one.

Specs:
    Screen: 4,3/4,5 with compact device size. I prefer OLED screens but it can be discused. Screen size, resolution and technology used (OLED) dramaticaly improves battery life. Sapphire screen technology?
    Resolution: HD or HD+ (1600/900) max due to battery life etc... Human eye cannot distinguish more than 300ppi so higher resolution would be nonsense.
    Memory: At least 32 GB with memory cards slot
    RAM: 3 GB would be fine
    SoC: the best available one - In my opinion custom made SoC for Blackberry only-use would be the best option (APPLE LIKE). If they want octa core 64bit, ok. But I'd rather see similar Apple-like policy in the hardware, especially CPU. Still, the software optimalization (user experience) is absolutely more vital than supa-dupa-ultra-beast parameters written on a sheet of paper...
    Battery: Z30 battery is fine (fine? it is f*****g cool!), so it should have similar or (even) better battery life, removable
    Connection - newest standarts in microHDMI and microUSB and wireless connection(s)
    Camera: Aiming for the best camera is not a big deal for me. If the camera would be comparable to the top, it would be fine. 4K video support would be nice feature to have...
    Other: Notification diod etc... these thing are commonplace.

Generaly: The device should be "small nuclear powerplant" very powerful for mobile computing but with compact size for easy and daily use. Materials used should make the device feel "expensive" (Z30-like) but at the same time it should protect the device from breaking when falling. Battery life must be the best available in market together with the most innovative and optimalized OS -> enterprise.
    arfin likes this.
    04-16-14 09:18 AM
    I agree; the Z50 will have to be awesome. I presently have the Z30, and it's fantastic. The BlackBerry Z30 is far more advanced than any other handheld device. The Z30 was one of the first to have ALL Advanced features, including a bigger 5" AMOLED screen, large long lasting battery, four surround-sound speakers, great wind-baffling mics, a USB port, a HDMI port for hooking up to a monitor or smart TV, as well as Blue Tooth, NFC, and MiraCast capability. It has a Paratek antenna so it never drops a signal. It has an FM radio. I can use the Z30 with many different kinds of files; I can edit Word and Excel docs, download Android apps, and sync all my Apple iTunes music. The Z30 also has BlackBerry's fantastic message "hub," as well as an amazing keyboard with both auto correct and predictive text with which you can simply "flick" words and phrases into place in multiple languages. The Z30 has a solid build with Gorilla Glass screen, aluminum frame and carbon fibre back. There is no other device with all these capabilities. The iPhone looks like a silly little toy along side the BlackBerry Z30.

Posted using my Z30
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-17-14 07:57 PM
    It only looks silly when you look at it through objective eyes.

When you look at it through fan boy eyes, the iPhone 5s is the greatest thing ever:

Sherbet colors
    Easily fooled fingerprint scanner
    Small screen so you can look at things really close up
    Poor antenna so you don't bother getting phone calls when you are in hard to reach locations
    No easy file transfer because iTunes has the better user affordable than the simple file manager
    Special power connector so that 99pct of the chargers in the world don't work
    No removable battery, so that any serious professional has to buy external charging packs to extend battery life, and change the charging connector to industry standard, add bulk and girth to hide the "beautiful design and light weight"

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:45 AM
    It only looks silly when you look at it through objective eyes.

When you look at it through fan boy eyes, the iPhone 5s is the greatest thing ever:

Sherbet colors
    Poor antenna so you don't bother getting phone calls when you are in hard to reach locations
    No easy file transfer because iTunes has the better user affordable than the simple file manager
    Special power connector so that 99pct of the chargers in the world don't work
    No removable battery, so that any serious professional has to buy external charging packs to extend battery life, and change the charging connector to industry standard, add bulk and girth to hide the "beautiful design and light weight"

Posted via CB10
    All true ! LOL!

Posted using my Z30
    04-18-14 10:47 AM
    Sherbet colors
    Posted via CB10
    What's your source for these statements?

I haven't seen anything that suggests the fingerprint scanner is easily fooled. The screen is crisp and easy to read from. And what sherbet colors are you talking about?

Personally I'm not a fan of the iPhone and I ever do leave BlackBerry it won't be for an iPhone.

As you point out I don't like their propriety charging technology or the fact that they make you pay hundreds of dollars to add memory that would only cost $20 in a microSD. I just got a 64gb microSD for my Z10 for $39.99 from Amazon. Apple would have me buy a whole new phone for $400 more than the base model.

I don't like that focus on profits over user experience. At the same time some of their tech is interesting. I would mind seeing some of their tech on BlackBerry phones.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    04-18-14 12:24 PM
    http://www.darkreading.com/vulnerabi...d/d-id/1111637

http://www.eweek.com/mobile/iphone-5...ed-prints.html

http://gma.yahoo.com/iphone-5s-finge...news-tech.html

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013...you-may-think/

Now, compare that to picture password which is basically impossible to crack, even when someone is watching you.

BlackBerry gets no respect.

That said, BlackBerry has the worst marketers in the world for a tech company. So, in some fashion, they deserve what they get.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:31 PM
    http://www.darkreading.com/vulnerabi...d/d-id/1111637

http://www.eweek.com/mobile/iphone-5...ed-prints.html

http://gma.yahoo.com/iphone-5s-finge...news-tech.html

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013...you-may-think/

Now, compare that to picture password which is basically impossible to crack, even when someone is watching you.

BlackBerry gets no respect.

That said, BlackBerry has the worst marketers in the world for a tech company. So, in some fashion, they deserve what they get.

Posted via CB10
    Old news... nobody cares anymore...

Since 2010 ?
    04-18-14 01:45 PM
    It's not important what people need, it's giving people what they want that makes them buy a device. BlackBerry needs to offer a device that people want. People generally want the next best thing not just another device that can do the job

I'm totally happy with my Z10 and it's the stl100-1! Sure I want a Z30 but that's just because I don't have one yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 06:53 AM
    They have to release more new high end devices! I won't stick too long with my Z10... and I don't think I'd "upgrade" to Z30.
    At least they could release a new OS update, that would make me happy too...!

Since 2010 ?
    04-19-14 07:35 AM
    +1 on size. No bigger than the z30 and with no downgrade of anything it has (I'm thinking the amazing sound, stellar reception, and battery life). And no gimmicks (like fingerprint scanning) .

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:06 AM
    They have to release more new high end devices! I won't stick too long with my Z10... and I don't think I'd "upgrade" to Z30.
    At least they could release a new OS update, that would make me happy too...!

Since 2010 ?
    They just released one like 3 months ago

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:22 AM
312 ... 910111213