Am I crazy? Shouldn't this be an article on CB? Or did I miss it?
    SolarBear28 likes this.
    01-23-18 06:49 AM
    Priv 2 or Passport 2. My first choice is a slab so a Priv slider will work. It is what I have now. However, I loved my Passport until it was stolen....not a physical keyboard fan but because of quality and size of the Passport, but the keyboard on the PP was much more functional for me then a Qwerty
    Qorax, Trisk333 and CrackPriv like this.
    01-23-18 12:52 PM
    Just curious why so many are asking for 3, 4 or even 5 days of battery life? As long as a heavy user can get a solid day, why add the size, weight and cost of a huge battery?
    Are there that many people that forget to charge when they go to bed?
    Qorax, kbz1960 and Steelsheen like this.
    01-25-18 06:59 AM
    Just curious why so many are asking for 3, 4 or even 5 days of battery life? As long as a heavy user can get a solid day, why add the size, weight and cost of a huge battery?
    Personally I don’t always fall asleep in bed. I might fall asleep on the couch or at someone else’s place. It’s awesome when your able to go days without worrying about charging your phone. Oh and another thing is when I’m pulling all nighters and just have enough time to shower and go to work. No need to have chargers in the car or wall hugging. It’s a awesome convenience having a big battery.
    01-25-18 11:02 PM
    Oh and another thing is when I’m pulling all nighters and just have enough time to shower and go to work.
    Ah, youngsters! Didn't think anybody but us old farts used BB's anymore.
    ----Fair Point ----
    Qorax and Steelsheen like this.
    01-26-18 03:12 AM
    2 new keyboard devices-phone-jumper-cable-meme.jpg
    01-26-18 05:40 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phone - jumper cable Meme.jpg 
Views:	666 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	433729
    We just don't want to have to remember to recharge our phones every night.
    01-26-18 05:54 AM
    Because if it's advertised to last 3 days, maybe it won't have to be charged 3 times a day! LOL 😂

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    Wezard and tigrute like this.
    01-26-18 06:37 AM
    Ah, youngsters! Didn't think anybody but us old farts used BB's anymore.
    ----Fair Point ----
    Oh 37 is the new 25 hahahahaha. I feel young. Having no kids yet has helped.
    Wezard and Steelsheen like this.
    01-26-18 09:38 AM
    Because if it's advertised to last 3 days, maybe it won't have to be charged 3 times a day! LOL 😂

The mythical "heavy user" battery life is indeed never anywhere near advertised battery life.

In the world of medicine, I'm frequently on call for over 24 hours without an opportunity to charge my phone. That's three business days worth of use I need to get through in one charge. I definitely want every ounce of additional battery life I can get out of my device.
    Wezard likes this.
    01-26-18 09:38 PM
    The mythical "heavy user" battery life is indeed never anywhere near advertised battery life.

In the world of medicine, I'm frequently on call for over 24 hours without an opportunity to charge my phone. That's three business days worth of use I need to get through in one charge. I definitely want every ounce of additional battery life I can get out of my device.
    Agree. When I was a resident cell phones weren't invented. (Yes, I'm old). We used beepers and had to run to the nearest phone!! LOL. Smartphones have really changed the world, but who wants to run to the nearest outlet and stand there for half an hour?
    01-27-18 08:41 AM
    Agree. When I was a resident cell phones weren't invented. (Yes, I'm old). We used beepers and had to run to the nearest phone!! LOL. Smartphones have really changed the world, but who wants to run to the nearest outlet and stand there for half an hour?
    Removable batteries used to be the answer to this now it's oversized batteries

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-27-18 11:02 AM
    Removable batteries used to be the answer to this now it's oversized batteries

Posted via CB10
    Like my Q10 and Z10. I gave up that battle long ago. 😠

01-27-18 11:11 AM
    Like my Q10 and Z10. I gave up that battle long ago. 😠

As a medical profession what seems to be desired devices in your field? I understood legacy bb's still have traction.

My wife has a dtek60 and although it gets a lot of flak that it doesn't fit in a BlackBerry culture it's a nice device, good battery and I'm pretty sure the best flagship BlackBerry has produced to date.

Posted via CB10
    alibi16 likes this.
    01-27-18 11:20 AM
    Just speaking for myself, my work day is often 12-16 hours long. If I'm at my desk, that's no big deal as I can top off my phone continuously, but when I'm in meetings with customers for 10 hours straight, I don't want to be that guy who has to charge his phone during the meeting.

For normal days, battery life really doesn't matter (my Z10 only manages 2-3 hours of screen on time!), but I definitely need Passport / KEYone / Motion battery life fairly often. It's certainly more important than a decent camera, faster processor, more RAM, or water resistance to me!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Wezard and johnb_xp like this.
    01-27-18 11:28 AM
    As a medical profession what seems to be desired devices in your field? I understood legacy bb's still have traction.

My wife has a dtek60 and although it gets a lot of flak that it doesn't fit in a BlackBerry culture it's a nice device, good battery and I'm pretty sure the best flagship BlackBerry has produced to date.

Posted via CB10
    Used to be BB legacy. I'm retired now, using a Dtek60.
    01-27-18 11:40 AM
    Phones are too big these days. Rocking a BB with a trackpad and smaller screen is awesome with one hand. iPhone SE is selling super well still because the size is perfect. I hope one of the next phones is nice and small.
    Calvincton Bailey likes this.
    01-27-18 02:55 PM
    Phones are too big these days. Rocking a BB with a trackpad and smaller screen is awesome with one hand. iPhone SE is selling super well still because the size is perfect. I hope one of the next phones is nice and small.
    I agree. If I could run a 9900 again for the next 5 years I would do it. I'd use it for email, calendar, tasks, notes and contacts, synced to Exchange, then use a Windows Surface Pro for anything else I needed. I find everything between the size of a Z10 and a seven inch tablet to be too big for a phone and too small for a tablet.

Calvincton Bailey likes this.
    01-27-18 03:05 PM
    I agree. If I could run a 9900 again for the next 5 years I would do it. I'd use it for email, calendar, tasks, notes and contacts, synced to Exchange, then use a Windows Surface Pro for anything else I needed. I find everything between the size of a Z10 and a seven inch tablet to be too big for a phone and too small for a tablet.

Not disagreeing with you, but many, (maybe most) do not want to carry two devices, nor pay for two data plans, so we compromise with a large phone.
    And us oldies really struggle with smaller screens.
    01-27-18 06:31 PM
    Not disagreeing with you, but many, (maybe most) do not want to carry two devices, nor pay for two data plans, so we compromise with a large phone.
    And us oldies really struggle with smaller screens.
    Sure, I understand that perspective. I was only speaking for myself.

Wezard likes this.
    01-27-18 07:00 PM
    Praying for high end, all touch screen phone, with latest OS so i can put my DTEK60 to rest. If by summer it aint out or about, im affraid i will have to say goodbye to BB ((
    branflakes likes this.
    01-28-18 05:30 PM
    Praying for high end, all touch screen phone, with latest OS so i can put my DTEK60 to rest. If by summer it aint out or about, im affraid i will have to say goodbye to BB ((
    They already announced the lineup for 2018 (hence the title of the thread) - 2 pkb devices.
    Bbnivende and Wezard like this.
    01-28-18 06:03 PM
    If the Motion isn't enough high-end for you, better to start your alternative OEM search..
    01-28-18 06:06 PM
    If the Motion isn't enough high-end for you, better to start your alternative OEM search..
    U calling Motion high-end? Another thing is with that fat bezel at the bottom it is simply ugly... so NO GO
    01-28-18 06:11 PM
    They already announced the lineup for 2018 (hence the title of the thread) - 2 pkb devices.
    Somehow i didnt get that impression. Its more of assuming they both will be PKB...
    01-28-18 06:12 PM
591 12345 ...