08-14-18 02:27 AM
599 1234 ...
tools
    Did he really say two pkb?
    Yes.
    01-16-18 07:07 AM
    I don't know why blackberry can't figure out to stand out make a launcher with the hub integrated like bb10 with peak and flo. stand out from the crowd stop blending in !!!!
    Qorax and vishesh batra like this.
    01-16-18 01:44 PM
    I don't know why blackberry can't figure out to stand out make a launcher with the hub integrated like bb10 with peak and flo. stand out from the crowd stop blending in !!!!
    The number of people that supports and/or prefers BB10 is minute BBMo/TCL doesn't want to limit themselves. In order to sell as many devices as possible, throwing a PKB on device with Android flow gives them a much greater potential base of customers.

Besides so many of the people left still using BB10 don't want Android. BBMo/TCL is done placating them now. If BB10 users fall into a hole never to be heard from again, that's OK with BBMo/TCL since they're not in the BB10 hardware business.
    Gene Fells likes this.
    01-16-18 01:52 PM
    The number of people that supports and/or prefers BB10 is minute BBMo/TCL doesn't want to limit themselves. In order to sell as many devices as possible, throwing a PKB on device with Android flow gives them a much greater potential base of customers.

Besides so many of the people left still using BB10 don't want Android. BBMo/TCL is done placating them now. If BB10 users fall into a hole never to be heard from again, that's OK with BBMo/TCL since they're not in the BB10 hardware business.
    How would making a blackberry 10 launcher or just redesigned android limit them in my mind it would make them stand out. Bb10 was a far superior os to android for what ever reason it didn't catch on I don't want to get into that. But to stand out from ever other android phone. Those people still hanging on to bb10 would move over. I am one I have just switched to BlackBerry android. Android is horrible. I hate it. But I have no choice it's either apple or Android BlackBerrymobile is struggling to compete with Samsung LG Sony Motorola HTC, stand out make android a fluid experience. To say they want to just slap android on BlackBerry phones and cross there fingers is a good way to end up like rim
    01-16-18 01:59 PM
    You still have to work within the confines of Android Material Design.

If you do not, you will lose Google certification - which means no Play Store, no Play Services, and no Google apps.
    01-16-18 02:05 PM
    Having a slider be the second device along side the K2 would definitely work. But also I would keep the motion and make it the entry level B.B. device and have the K2/slider use the highest 600 series chip.
    Trisk333 likes this.
    01-16-18 06:48 PM
    Smart move on their part... market for them is pkb... I would just focus exclusively on that only....

Market if saturated with slabs....

Posted via CB10
    I don't mind them doing slabs as I think they do a pretty good job on them, but physical keyboards should be their main thing and slabs second.
    Qorax and Sigewif like this.
    01-20-18 03:56 PM
    Did he really say two pkb? It would make more sense for a K2 then the Motion equivalent in the winter quarter. Anything like Priv2 is going to be expensive and not sell very well and it makes no sense to try and engineer a 4:3 Passport.
    Actually it makes far more sense to try a Passport like with a 4/3 ratio screen than another slider.

On Crackberry it's clear that Passport was fare more popular than Priv, and not only because of BB10.

People looking for a pkb device usually does because they want to write or work on their smartphone, and for this a wider screen is better than a 16/10, 16/09 or even worse a 18/09 one.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-21-18 06:29 AM
    Actually it makes far more sense to try a Passport like with a 4/3 ratio screen than another slider.

On Crackberry it's clear that Passport was fare more popular than Priv, and not only because of BB10.

People looking for a pkb device usually does because they want to write or work on their smartphone, and for this a wider screen is better than a 16/10, 16/09 or even worse a 18/09 one.

Posted via CB10
    People without a 'slab' in their hand/s is a minuscule 1% today. Even in the remotest corner of the world everyone carries a 'slab'. Which is why it won't make 'business sense' to make a Passport, or its likes. Definitely not by TCL.

Yes, that phone was unique, was good. But it's revival would need deeper pockets. So no, not yet, they'd've to sell some more before they can veer into that route, imo.
    CoachKozz likes this.
    01-21-18 06:49 AM
    People without a 'slab' in their hand/s is a minuscule 1% today. Even in the remotest corner of the world everyone carries a 'slab'. Which is why it won't make 'business sense' to make a Passport, or its likes. Definitely not by TCL.

Yes, that phone was unique, was good. But it's revival would need deeper pockets. So no, not yet, they'd've to sell some more before they can veer into that route, imo.
    TCL already have Alcatel brand devices for people wanting slabs.

With BlackBerry Mobile brand, TCL is trying to seduce BlackBerry users, and among them, Passport was popular.

So it makes business sense for BlackBerry Mobile to offer a Passport like device.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-18 09:38 AM
    Is Google concrete about 1:1 screen ratio? Who knows maybe the rules can be flexed if asked nicely
    01-21-18 09:50 AM
    Is Google concrete about 1:1 screen ratio? Who knows maybe the rules can be flexed if asked nicely
    What about the 1000's of app developers? Would they then have to create their apps in an additional ratio as well to accommodate the few?
    01-21-18 08:41 PM
    What about the 1000's of app developers? Would they then have to create their apps in an additional ratio as well to accommodate the few?
    I think system takes care of it somehow. App devs just needs to add the option (no need for redesign and such)
    01-22-18 03:27 AM
    I think system takes care of it somehow. App devs just needs to add the option (no need for redesign and such)
    Like native BB10 App developers just needed to add the option for the Passport?

Even IF Google changed their requirements, and adjusted Android and IF the Developer Tools and made it as simple as a check box. I think you'd find the black bars a pretty common complaint.
    01-22-18 08:16 AM
    This also assumes that the bronze KEYone doesn't count as another device, like the black one did.
    It doesn't. These will be two REALLY new devices.
    Qorax, BLu, Bbnivende and 1 others like this.
    01-22-18 10:29 AM
    Now that's more like it.
    01-22-18 10:54 AM
    Pictures or didn't happen ;-) LOL PM me. I won't show ANYBODY else the pictures. Really........

On second thought, probably a bad idea.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    01-22-18 12:52 PM
    Google already gave BB the opportunity to make Passport Android work on test devices and work around the various incompatibilies. That project was scrapped.

So the rule is flexible in that the OEM who wants to submit such a device has to spend considerable resources. BB didn't think it that was possible or wise.
    01-22-18 01:39 PM
    I'd like to see something the size of Classic, but know that's not happening.
    01-22-18 04:30 PM
    I think a KEYtwo is coming in 2018 and we'll either see a really cheap pkb phone as well or a really expensive (possibly slider) phone.
    01-22-18 05:21 PM
    I could consider a 5" slider with a good battery and camera!
    Trisk333 and ck2nb like this.
    01-22-18 05:49 PM
    I loved the passport and have used both the silver and black edition keyones. If they have 2 pkb devices coming out I'd love to see an in between size device of the passport and the keyone. I'd like the device to be as tall as the Motion and a little wider passport type keyboard with 4 physical rows would be good.

I think having 2 or 3 day battery life is fantastic and when I used the black edition with 4gb ram instead of the 3gb silver it made a huge difference when switching apps and general usability. So based on that if they came out with a 6gb, 64gb keytwo with a 835 soc, oled screen to save battery life and 4000 maH battery that might be a good high end BB which I think a number of my BB friends would buy.

Keep the Keyone with a cheaper price tag, make the 4gb ram standard, lower the price and keep selling that as the lower end BB and the Keytwo is the higher end pkb device.

Just my 2 cents.
    01-22-18 06:21 PM
    I'd like to see something the size of Classic, but know that's not happening.
    4:3 screen ratio of current KEYone width would almost get you to the Classic size

2 new keyboard devices-keyonemini.jpg
    Avenzuno, Bbnivende and BlueOhSix like this.
    01-22-18 09:37 PM
    Well a compact 5" bezelless slider would be pretty sick.

But I am a keyboard guy. So I will be waiting a better specced pkb if not keytwo it is.
    Yes,
    A 5 to 5.5 inch 3:2 aspect ratio Amoled bezel less slider would be perfect!
    01-22-18 10:56 PM
    keyone mini

Posted via CB10
    Mrs Teapot and ck2nb like this.
    01-23-18 06:27 AM
599 1234 ...