05-18-18 10:35 AM
531 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    So far we have had "leaks" on the 660 device, so I'd expect it is their new flagship and will arrive first... maybe this summer (in limited markets).

Budget.... expect by the end of the year the KEYone will fill that spot.
    "Flagship" I mean 660. Budget maybe the same or sticking with the 625 with less ram and plastic parts

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    02-05-18 02:04 PM
    BBMo does NOT need to go higher end on processor specs. What they should focus on, however, is to tighten up on that quality control and customer service. Assuming the KEYone is the first of their standard candybar model, they just should go with small incremental upgrades each year, rather than take a big risk for a feature they don't yet master.

Consistency is key
    CrackPriv and Qorax like this.
    02-05-18 02:18 PM
    It may be more expensive than some, but $449 is hardly high-end pricing.
    Depends kinda on the market... If you are in Candida, $450 is clearly and middle of the road price. If you are in say India where the average smartphone selling price is $157, I expect most anything over $300 is viewed as "high-end".
    02-05-18 02:36 PM
    Depends kinda on the market... If you are in Candida, $450 is clearly and middle of the road price. If you are in say India where the average smartphone selling price is $157, I expect most anything over $300 is viewed as "high-end".
    All of my prices were USD.
    02-05-18 02:42 PM
    Candida
    Albicans!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-05-18 03:00 PM
    It is hard to get comparables. The carriers bundle their phones with data plans and some phones are subsidized . In Canada the Motion is 600 , the A5 is 469 and a P10 is 650. The Samsung gets the same battery life on a third party test and probably has a better camera. I guess I some what agree that the price of the Motion is mid range . It is very competitive and most people buy a phone with a plan and there are deals to be had .

The Motion is an alternative because of the great VKB , Battery and Hub but the camera should be better. Could be a very good Enterprise Fleet phone but it is hard to sell a BlackBerry all touch. It will take some time to rehabilitate the brand. Then too, companies want to see a track record.

Of course there is the Essential at 460 . A great bargain.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-05-18 at 03:23 PM.
    02-05-18 03:13 PM
    It is hard to get comparables. The carriers bundle their phones with data plans and some phones are subsidized . In Canada the Motion is 600 , the A5 is 469 and a P10 is 650. The Samsung gets the same battery life on a third party test and probably has a better camera. I guess I some what agree that the price of the Motion is mid range . It is very competitive and most people buy a phone with a plan and there are deals to be had .

The Motion is an alternative because of the great VKB , Battery and Hub but the camera should be better. Could be a very good Enterprise Fleet phone but it is hard to sell a BlackBerry all touch. It will take some time to rehabilitate the brand. Then too, companies want to see a track record.

Of course there is the Essential at 460 . A great bargain.
    Problem I see in the US... who buys a midgrade phone? Does this market exist?

Pretty clear that US consumers don't.... it' Flagship, last years Flagship (for Apple even the year before) and then an assortment of sub $300 phones, with a lot of emphasis on the $150 price point.

For enterprise... at least small business that don't buy from Sprint of AT&T. Keyone is whatever you can find it unlocked for ($500). Where as for you can buy any flagship via the carrier for much less. So for Enterprise the KEYone is a premium priced device if they can buy an iPhone 8 Plus or Galaxy S8+ for less. Do wonder what the AT&T price is for business.... do they discount it at all?
    02-05-18 03:53 PM
    The prior year model strategy really works for Apple because they keep the OS updated for a longer term.
    02-05-18 04:16 PM
    Why, because BBMo can't compete on hardware - they have extra cost in licencing, software, along with low volume (that isn't changing, even if they find some level of sucess). If they made a true Flagship phone, you'd be looking at a 20% premium.

It easier to get people to overlook the "value" when your dealing with a $500 phone, it's another thing if your dealing with a $1,200+ phone.
    Makes sense. Just was wishful thinking I guess. It's no big deal this dtek60 I'm on was close to their flagship device at the it came out, I don't mind it.
    02-05-18 05:08 PM
    Problem I see in the US... who buys a midgrade phone? Does this market exist?

Pretty clear that US consumers don't.... it' Flagship, last years Flagship (for Apple even the year before) and then an assortment of sub $300 phones, with a lot of emphasis on the $150 price point.

For enterprise... at least small business that don't buy from Sprint of AT&T. Keyone is whatever you can find it unlocked for ($500). Where as for you can buy any flagship via the carrier for much less. So for Enterprise the KEYone is a premium priced device if they can buy an iPhone 8 Plus or Galaxy S8+ for less. Do wonder what the AT&T price is for business.... do they discount it at all?
    The Moto Z and Xperia XA2 are also $449, and they do pretty well.
    02-05-18 06:17 PM
    The Moto Z and Xperia XA2 are also $449, and they do pretty well.
    It would be really interesting to read a mid level shoot out that included the Motion and other contenders.
    02-05-18 09:18 PM
    It would really be nice if TCL or Blackberry mobile could offer some leaks or hints as to what we can expect. They really don't know how to get a crowd going and excited. It really sucks waiting with no news or leaks.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-18 12:24 AM
    They really don't know how to get a crowd going and excited.
    Ya'll sound pretty engaged and excited to me!
    Qorax likes this.
    02-08-18 03:17 AM
    Ya'll sound pretty engaged and excited to me!
    Imo that "ya'all" is just 1/3rd of the BB crowd*. There'd be another 2/3rd users who aren't on CB. Besides, it'd be virtuous for BB to try and grab some new switchers as well, won't it? Where's the harm in making some noise!

*I know a lady who uses the KeyONE - but has never heard of CB until I mentioned.
    02-08-18 04:02 AM
    Where's the harm in making some noise!
    It wasn't a complaint or criticism, by all means, carry on!
    Somebody(s) needs to, cuz I doubt TLC will.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-09-18 06:38 AM
    Bold 9900 2018 Edition

+Up to date-camera...

+Old OS, just updated security, all the messenger apps and a new browser...

+Pick up- and hang up-button...

+Pearl/Trackpad...

+4rowed keyboard with dual layer functionality...

+App-switcher...

+ removable battery...

Still dreaming of pressing "alt" + using the trackpad to jump to the end of a line.

Please don't wake me.

Ah, and please stop talking about other phone companies so much, it hurts.
    DWonder likes this.
    02-09-18 04:17 PM
    Imagine the Passport SE form, but no keyboard, And the screen slides up to reveal a PKB. hummm
    Qorax and kekos like this.
    02-14-18 03:49 PM
    Imagine the Passport SE form, but no keyboard, And the screen slides up to reveal a PKB. hummm
    this might be the most realistic way to move the passport form factor into an android space. The passport total body size would accommodate a 4:3 screen quite nicely
    2 new keyboard devices-passport-slider.jpg
    I wonder how much TCL allows development of these unconventional designs? I know Blackberry did a lot of it and many designs never made it to market
    02-14-18 08:54 PM
    this might be the most realistic way to move the passport form factor into an android space. The passport total body size would accommodate a 4:3 screen quite nicely
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passport-slider.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	434326
    I wonder how much TCL allows development of these unconventional designs? I know Blackberry did a lot of it and many designs never made it to market
    This actually doesn't look that bad! It would be quite massive though when extended

PrivPort? PassPriv?
    CrackPriv likes this.
    02-15-18 03:30 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passport-slider.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	434326
    Nice diagrams!
    02-15-18 05:23 AM
    This actually doesn't look that bad! It would be quite massive though when extended

PrivPort? PassPriv?
    Introducing! The New,,,, Passport Phablet! Ta-Da! The full screen PP with it's screen flipped up to reveal the PKB would only be about 1/2 inch taller than my Nexus 6.
    kekos and tazcubed like this.
    02-15-18 05:31 AM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    TCL/BlackBerry Mobile have a booth booked for MWC according to the listings (as do BlackBerry, for that matter). CES is a little watered down these days in terms of formal phone launches, so the KEYone Bronze Edition and the Motion availability were perfectly reasonable announcements.

MWC is a different situation, and unless you are Apple or Samsung, not capitalising on its opportunity would be ludicrous. I fully expect to see something from TCL this month, even if it's an unfinished prototype again.
    Thanks! Waiting for the next gen top end pkb device...hope it's wider than the key one kb..

Posted via CB10
    02-15-18 01:32 PM
    Is the bronze edition the same specs as the silver or does it come in the 4/64?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-18 02:05 PM
    Is the bronze edition the same specs as the silver or does it come in the 4/64?

Posted via CB10
    It's 4/64 with dual sim
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-15-18 02:38 PM
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...medium=twitter .... Upcoming BlackBerry Uni will feature touchscreen and retractable keyboard .
    Avenzuno and tazcubed like this.
    02-15-18 10:42 PM
531 ... 89101112 ...