12-19-09 08:56 PM
66 123
tools
    Actually 5 because the the ATT/TMO versions are different too.

PG
    Well, if we count different programming as a different phone, yeah.
    11-22-09 01:11 PM
    I don't know if this is posted already somewhere in the forum (it's probably old news, i'm just late on it!) but I read on a few sites that 16 blackberrys will be released in 2010..i don't know what carriers though.
    Last time I counted, T-Mobile currently carries over 10 different BlackBerry models. 16 for worldwide distribution (GSM, CDMA, iDen, etc) is no stretch. I'm sure they'll do at least 16 models.
    11-22-09 01:46 PM
    thats overkill
    11-22-09 07:20 PM
    Hope they all have WiFi
    11-22-09 07:31 PM
    I'd like to see half that # and hopefully the QC of the product doubles!
    11-22-09 07:31 PM
    Well, if we count different programming as a different phone, yeah.
    No they are different devices. The TMO ver supports 1700mhz 3G and not 850mhz 3G. The AT&T ver supports 850 but not 1700.

PG
    11-23-09 08:47 PM
    it'd be tight if they brought back the old pearl model, I dont know if im by my self but I really liked the original pearls.
    11-23-09 09:34 PM
    it'd be tight if they brought back the old pearl model, I dont know if im by my self but I really liked the original pearls.
    Me too, I gave my hubby my 8120 and am using an 8100 now.....loving that it's considered "retro" by some of my coworkers
    11-23-09 10:15 PM
    Instead of RIM creating all these phones, they need to work on the OS first, make it better, and get rid of threaded SMS, its very annoying, i hate it. Just my opinion.
    11-24-09 01:06 AM
    Why would you say threaded sms is annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 01:23 AM
    Why would you say threaded sms is annoying.

I just dont like it. The box to type text in is very small, especially if you text 2 sentences or more. I like the old SMS look better. I hope in future OS for the storm, they give an option to change it back.
    11-24-09 01:50 AM
    I would rather RIM focus more energy into: (1) Keeping on track with OS technology, (2) their materials and build out, so their devices not only perform better, but look better as well, (i.e.: the right top of the device is lower than the left..etc...) (3) Browser advances, and (4) Power supply science (battery life). Maybe this would lessen the amount of bugs and device errors.
    11-24-09 01:55 AM
    I agree, Kepeli.
    11-24-09 01:58 AM
    I would rather RIM focus more energy into: (1) Keeping on track with OS technology, (2) their materials and build out, so their devices not only perform better, but look better as well, (i.e.: the right top of the device is lower than the left..etc...) (3) Browser advances, and (4) Power supply science (battery life). Maybe this would lessen the amount of bugs and device errors.
    Can't resist, but aren't all your points basically referring to everything to do with a phone in general? Meaning they suck bad =D
    11-24-09 05:45 AM
    Can't resist, but aren't all your points basically referring to everything to do with a phone in general? Meaning they suck bad =D
    define bad, motorolla cant seem to build a phone worth the materials its made of and what you expect its in the name.... Research in motion!!!!
    11-24-09 05:58 AM
    for the most part it is, but apple seems to have gotten browsing on a mobile phone down pat. i don't like the iphone much, but the web browsing on it is like night and day compared to pretty much every other smartphone i've used.
    11-24-09 07:30 AM
    i want a hybrid with touch screen and keypad in candybar format
    11-24-09 07:57 AM
    I'm sure they have different departments for the OS and hardware. I'm just saying.

11-24-09 08:15 AM
    I'm sure they have different departments for the OS and hardware. I'm just saying.

Well prime time then to get their heads combined NOW and focus on bringing something fresh and new instead of recycling the same components again and again. I rather see one carefully designed, built to last and quick performing BlackBerry than 16 subpar models. Bold 9700 is a case in point here; almost everyone getting it consider it the best BlackBerry to date. We need RIM to get more models as good as the Bold 9700 out of the door.
    11-24-09 09:01 AM
    Actually it's kinda disappointing reading all this.. I was really into switching from my HTC HD to a Blackberry cos I'm done with touchscreen phones, and wanted something that worked out of the box (WinMo is a ***** to maintain if you wanna keep up with the latest cooked ROM's and have your own style and preferences). Just wanted something that worked, and fast.

However, the list of build & software issues is just getting longer.. Go check out the 9700 forums, latest one I've seen is some screens having a "creamy white" backlight (which makes it look dull) instead of pure white.

Anyway, I was wondering, if e-mails are stored on the device, meaning in application memory, how does a corporate user get by with just 256MB's? Is there a way to store e-mails into storage card? Or do people remove attachments (the bulk of the e-mail size) from the e-mail and shift it to the SD card?
    11-24-09 10:16 AM
    Perfect BB for me: Touchscreen Keypad Hybrid

Make it like a Tour/9700 with track pad and a touch screen. Wifi and Better browsers.

Sign me up!
    11-24-09 10:45 AM
    Actually it's kinda disappointing reading all this.. I was really into switching from my HTC HD to a Blackberry cos I'm done with touchscreen phones, and wanted something that worked out of the box (WinMo is a ***** to maintain if you wanna keep up with the latest cooked ROM's and have your own style and preferences). Just wanted something that worked, and fast.

However, the list of build & software issues is just getting longer.. Go check out the 9700 forums, latest one I've seen is some screens having a "creamy white" backlight (which makes it look dull) instead of pure white.

Anyway, I was wondering, if e-mails are stored on the device, meaning in application memory, how does a corporate user get by with just 256MB's? Is there a way to store e-mails into storage card? Or do people remove attachments (the bulk of the e-mail size) from the e-mail and shift it to the SD card?
    Not that i can answer all your questions, but 256MB app memory is plenty for a corporate user. especially because your IT may restrict some app installs and emails are most commonly purged after XX number of days from your device. I am not aware of email on SD card solution but in a corp environment you will not need it. On my Bold I do delete emails with attachments if the app memory gets low. But I also have about 40 apps on it (some are large) and still manage to work with 4 email accounts, even though the Bold on ly has 128MB.

I hope that helps you get closer to a BB. I do NOT believe that you'd regret switching.
    12-07-09 12:11 PM
    "gotta catch 'em all"
    12-07-09 02:58 PM
    Attachments and longer emails are not stored on the device, that's how it's done. They're on the corporate BES server. You see a "More - xxxxx bytes" message when you get to the bottom of a longer email, and the attachment is downloaded from the server when you "open" it.
    12-07-09 03:39 PM
    16 new bb in one year will never happen

12-08-09 10:57 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD