Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
11-12-15 05:06 AM
951 123 ...
tools
    Let's start sticky Rogers Reps on Crackberry who members can ask directly for help or advice on Rogers products!

Please tell us your location and what dealership you work for.

My name is Matthew. I work out of Toronto for Mobile Wireless.

EDIT: I WORK FOR A DEALERSHIP, NOT FOR ROGERS DIRECTLY.
    Last edited by matthew.gip; 01-13-09 at 10:42 AM.
    07-22-08 05:53 PM
    I'll sticky it for you.
    07-22-08 06:51 PM
    when's blackberry bold coming out ^^
    07-22-08 08:09 PM
    when's blackberry bold coming out ^^
    Would that mean when it comes out, I'll be your first call to port you over to Rogers?
    07-22-08 11:43 PM
    I'll sticky it for you.
    Thanks!
    07-22-08 11:43 PM
    I am already on rogers for past 7 months! But it also means no upgrade as of yet so I'll probably have to buy 1!!
    07-23-08 12:59 AM
    PLease tell me that I am not the only Rogers Rep on CB HAHA
    07-24-08 11:55 PM
    seems like it xD or others are juz hidding :P
    07-25-08 01:33 PM
    Well please feel free to direct any Rogers related questions I can answer! I am also available for account maintenance as well!
    07-27-08 02:43 AM
    Here's my situation:

I recently got a blackberry that I wll use for work, however the perferred carrier for my work is Bell and I need BES over BIS. Most of my co-workers have an amazing plan with Bell that consists of...750wkdy/free after 6/VM/CD/Unlimited text and IM/1gb data for $70 plus tax/saf/911

I don't want to go to Bell and I obviously don't need that many wkday minutes or data from the plan above. My only requirements is that I have BES, free after 6pm, 250 wkdy MINIMUM, VM/CD and some texts.

I plan to call rogers tomorrow and ask to cancel my plan if they can't give me a similar plan to Bell's at the same price or less. As a Rogers employeer, can you give me a heads up what they will probably offer me and for how much?
    07-27-08 11:10 AM
    I work at a Rogers store in the Cookstown Outlet mall north of Toronto.

The Bold is supposed to be coming this week!
    07-27-08 11:18 AM
    thatswhat they said last week too >.>
    07-27-08 02:16 PM
    Here's my situation:

I recently got a blackberry that I wll use for work, however the perferred carrier for my work is Bell and I need BES over BIS. Most of my co-workers have an amazing plan with Bell that consists of...750wkdy/free after 6/VM/CD/Unlimited text and IM/1gb data for $70 plus tax/saf/911

I don't want to go to Bell and I obviously don't need that many wkday minutes or data from the plan above. My only requirements is that I have BES, free after 6pm, 250 wkdy MINIMUM, VM/CD and some texts.

I plan to call rogers tomorrow and ask to cancel my plan if they can't give me a similar plan to Bell's at the same price or less. As a Rogers employeer, can you give me a heads up what they will probably offer me and for how much?
    That is a tough sell, sounds like your company has a corporate offer with Bell. You, as an employee alone, does not necessarily posses the purchasing power as your company would. Rogers would be able to offer you, in terms of a business plan, would be the $45 feature plan plus the smartphone value pack with the 6pm option added on. However, the data is not possible as at my level, 1GB of BES data is $100.

$45 + $7 6PM option + $15 smartphone value pack
    450 minutes
    Unlimited Incoming Local Calls
    Evenings and Weekends at 6pm
    Call Display
    Enhanced Voicemail
    2500 text messages

Which company do you work for? Perhaps Rogers has a plan on file that I can look into. PM me if you are uncomfortable disclosing employment information.
    Last edited by matthew.gip; 07-28-08 at 12:18 AM. Reason: additional information
    07-28-08 12:12 AM
    Is the $30/6GB plan not available anymore?
    07-28-08 11:35 AM
    it is still on the website I just checked
    07-28-08 12:40 PM
    Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your participation in this thread.

Quick question, hopefully you can answer. Do you know if Rogers blocks the playing of YouTube videos?
    07-28-08 03:04 PM
    Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your participation in this thread.

Quick question, hopefully you can answer. Do you know if Rogers blocks the playing of YouTube videos?
    They shouldn't be blocking it but there are certain software requirements. I know of phones such as the iPhone not being able to play videos from other sites except for youtube due to lack of flash player for iPhone.
    07-28-08 04:35 PM
    Is the $30/6GB plan not available anymore?
    Still on the website lol. Rogers.com, bottom left corner.
    07-28-08 04:36 PM
    matthew, is there any way you can help me unlock my phone if I give you my IMEI #? I bought my blackberry 8310 curve in the states (at&t) but need to unlock it so I can continue with my Rogers plan

Lemme know if we need to discuss this in PM
    07-28-08 09:21 PM
    matthew, is there any way you can help me unlock my phone if I give you my IMEI #? I bought my blackberry 8310 curve in the states (at&t) but need to unlock it so I can continue with my Rogers plan

Lemme know if we need to discuss this in PM
    Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about unlocking a phone as Rogers does not participate in such practices. What makes it even harder is that it is an AT&T phone from the US.
    07-28-08 09:50 PM
    oh that sucks, but is it possible to use an AT&T phone with Rogers?

thanks for your input!
    07-28-08 09:51 PM
    oh that sucks, but is it possible to use an AT&T phone with Rogers?

thanks for your input!
    Sure, if you go and get it unlocked and THEN stick a rogers sim in it. If you live in toronto, I'm sure you know plenty of places to get it unlocked.

No problem, anytime!
    07-28-08 10:02 PM
    ya as Matthew said, and you can get it unlocked for cheap too only like $15-20 bucks max or if u want, unlock it urself. There are couple of discussions posted in 83xx series sub-forum.
    07-28-08 11:12 PM
    I am a Rogers rep, I work out of Calgary
    07-29-08 12:41 AM
    I am a Rogers rep, I work out of Calgary
    Pleasure to have you here on CB!
    07-29-08 12:49 AM
951 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD