It seems Rogers has listened to it's customers...

Rogers appeases tetherers - The Globe and Mail

FTA:

Rogers, the provider everybody loves to gripe about, said today it is going to oblige its vocal tethering subscriber base. The company will continue to provide the service at no charge for those using a smart phone data plan of more than 1 gigabyte a month.
    I believe this is a good thing.

Cheers.
    03-24-10 03:47 PM
    Provided users understand that tethered data is more voluminous than BB browser data, this is a good thing.
    03-24-10 08:13 PM
    Wouldn't be surprised when some poor customer opens up and finds his bill to be 600 bucks.
    03-25-10 10:30 AM
    More info here:

Rogers Tethering Page

Cheers.
    03-25-10 10:35 AM
    I have tethered numerous times with a 500mb plan. I have never seen any fees whatsoever. I'm assuming they would not notice unless you had substantial data usage. I have never used over 100mb
    03-25-10 11:48 AM
    Same here I once used up 300mb on my 500mb plan and didn't see any extra charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 12:02 PM
    I have tethered numerous times with a 500mb plan. I have never seen any fees whatsoever. I'm assuming they would not notice unless you had substantial data usage. I have never used over 100mb
    Then circle May 3rd on your calendar as that was the original date that the tethering promotion was to end. After May 3rd, it will be free for those with 1GB+ data plans.

Rogers continues free tethering on larger data plans : Digital Home

Cheers.
    03-25-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD