I was interested in the new unlimited data plans that Rogers (and now Bell) are offering so I looked into it. On the surface these sound like sweet deals. However, the speed that you will get if you use all of the pre-defined full speed data is a mere 256Kbps. Which is OK for email and simple browsing but not much more.

The biggest let down about these plans for me is that they are no longer offering Share Everything or family plans. Which means if you have a second, third etc device on your plan that is grandfathered in at $40 or $50 or so, these will also need to be upgraded to an Infinite plan. So for a family of 4, you would be paying $300 and get 40GB of full speed data pooled (no contract or tab). Add tabs in and your price will go up by $20+ per device.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that we now have some unlimited (albeit throttled) data options available in Canada now. And for someone who lives on their own, these are great plans. They may not, however, be ideal for everyone. Especially those who have had the same plan for multiple years.

J...
    06-14-19 10:20 AM
    It's not bad for me, I'm on an old expired plan that I refused to give up because it had 6GB/$30 on it but that came to around $78/mnth with a voice and SMS add-on but now with Infinite I can bump up 4GB, get unlim calls and SMS plus roam like home for pretty much $10 more and no contract. Previously to get all of that I would have been well into a $30-$40+ increase which was just way too much too little benefit since I don't even need the mins.
    06-14-19 12:15 PM
    I have an EPP (employee pricing plan) through my employer which gives me 30% off the primary device. I just spoke to Rogers and the Rogers rep indicated that the Infinite plans are not part of ANY EPP plan and that I would loose my 30% discount. Definitely not worth it now.

Current Plan: 8GB and unlimited canada wide calling and messaging for 2 phones (One of which is a premium tab) as well as a Rocket Hub and with tax, I am paying $143

Infinite plan: 10GB x 2 (unlimited throttled after that) with one device on a premium tab and the rocket hub would be $203.40.

NOPE. Not going to happen.

It almost appears they are catering their offerings to individuals and NOT families. Hope that changes down the road.

J...
    06-19-19 01:21 PM