I was interested in the new unlimited data plans that Rogers (and now Bell) are offering so I looked into it. On the surface these sound like sweet deals. However, the speed that you will get if you use all of the pre-defined full speed data is a mere 256Kbps. Which is OK for email and simple browsing but not much more.

The biggest let down about these plans for me is that they are no longer offering Share Everything or family plans. Which means if you have a second, third etc device on your plan that is grandfathered in at $40 or $50 or so, these will also need to be upgraded to an Infinite plan. So for a family of 4, you would be paying $300 and get 40GB of full speed data pooled (no contract or tab). Add tabs in and your price will go up by $20+ per device.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that we now have some unlimited (albeit throttled) data options available in Canada now. And for someone who lives on their own, these are great plans. They may not, however, be ideal for everyone. Especially those who have had the same plan for multiple years.

J...
    06-14-19 10:20 AM
    It's not bad for me, I'm on an old expired plan that I refused to give up because it had 6GB/$30 on it but that came to around $78/mnth with a voice and SMS add-on but now with Infinite I can bump up 4GB, get unlim calls and SMS plus roam like home for pretty much $10 more and no contract. Previously to get all of that I would have been well into a $30-$40+ increase which was just way too much too little benefit since I don't even need the mins.
    06-14-19 12:15 PM
    I have an EPP (employee pricing plan) through my employer which gives me 30% off the primary device. I just spoke to Rogers and the Rogers rep indicated that the Infinite plans are not part of ANY EPP plan and that I would loose my 30% discount. Definitely not worth it now.

Current Plan: 8GB and unlimited canada wide calling and messaging for 2 phones (One of which is a premium tab) as well as a Rocket Hub and with tax, I am paying $143

Infinite plan: 10GB x 2 (unlimited throttled after that) with one device on a premium tab and the rocket hub would be $203.40.

NOPE. Not going to happen.

It almost appears they are catering their offerings to individuals and NOT families. Hope that changes down the road.

J...
    06-19-19 01:21 PM
    It's not bad for me, I'm on an old expired plan that I refused to give up because it had 6GB/$30 on it but that came to around $78/mnth with a voice and SMS add-on but now with Infinite I can bump up 4GB, get unlim calls and SMS plus roam like home for pretty much $10 more and no contract. Previously to get all of that I would have been well into a $30-$40+ increase which was just way too much too little benefit since I don't even need the mins.
    So I went to add my daughter to one of those sweet grandfathered plans with nice discounts and found that for 40% less than my total for 2 phones (sharing 10 g) on Rogers, I was able to add the third line for daughter, get 8g each and no extra charge ever in the US with Videotron. I switched yesterday. (I also moved my home phone and internet, but the installation is next week).
    When I discovered the disparity in price, I called Rogers twice -the second time to someone in retention- to give them a chance to make me an offer. I've been with them for twenty years. At times with combined monthly bill of more than 2k.
    I was so put off by how they handled it, I would have switched even for the same price. As is on the whole package including the upgrades, I will pay $40 less per month than I paid with them.
    Goodbye and good riddance to Rogers.
    08-15-19 05:43 AM
    You know what's worse than Rogers? Bell.

You know what's worse than Bell? Rogers.
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    08-15-19 06:10 AM
    Just go with Public Mobile. They don't have unlimited data yet but have sweet plans and low rates all the same.

Posted via CB10
    Shuswap likes this.
    08-15-19 06:23 AM
    Goodbye and good riddance to Rogers.
    IMO, none of them care anymore. They might as well not even have a retentions dept. because they don't even try to save customers anymore. They borderline tell you to leave.
    08-15-19 02:12 PM
    Rogers new Infinite unlimited data plans-192789.jpg

So now they sent me this. Ironic, before I switched everything away, I would have stayed for a small incentive just to avoid the hassle. Now, to come back they will need to significantly beat what I am paying now. Little or no chance.
    08-16-19 03:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	192789.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	445840

So now they sent me this. Ironic, before I switched everything away, I would have stayed for a small incentive just to avoid the hassle. Now, to come back they will need to significantly beat what I am paying now. Little or no chance.
    Ooooohhhhh. A Rogers "Ambassador" ! Well that changes everything.
    08-18-19 09:11 AM
    Wow. way too little, way too late. Although it "didn't exist" when I spoke to Retention before leaving and described the package their competitors were offering, after leaving Rogers, their "ambassador" called to offer me a package like the one I now have but for $50 more per month than I am paying now. When I asked why I would do that, she said to be back on the most reliable network in Canada. (I've been with Rogers almost since cell phones became normal and have experienced plenty of outages and glitches). I told her that had not been my experience and said good by.

I have also completed the handover of My internet and home phone to others as well. of course Rogers "punished" me by immediately canceling my @rogers email addresses but I was prepared for that and already moved over important data and notified people of the change.
    08-28-19 05:30 AM
    Public Mobile still uses roaming in many areas, they are bound to that until they built and upgrade. From what I understand they are working on it
    08-28-19 06:52 AM

You know what's worse than Bell? Rogers.
    Actually I went with Videotron. They have a tower where I live and throughout Quebec and roam well in other places. I just used it and it worked as well as Rogers along highways even through Low population areas with roaming. It switched off in the US to ATT and best of all NO EXTRA FEES.
    08-28-19 07:16 AM
    Public Mobile still uses roaming in many areas, they are bound to that until they built and upgrade. From what I understand they are working on it
    Incorrect. The use the same network as Telus. There's no concept of "zones" or "roaming". The only roaming is when you buy a US coverage add-on.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-19 08:00 AM