I recently bought a Z10 from MTS, no contract. I'm currently on their LTE unlimited plan for $67 per month (with call display and voice mail)
    I'm looking at Rogers 5 gig plan with unlimited Canadian calling; with 10% discount I can get the plan for $59 per month . I know that Rogers doesn't offer LTE atm.

My questions : how good is the 4G service in Winnipeg and in the interlake and Victoria Beach areas?
    Any word on LTE?
    One of the reasons I would go with Rogers is for the data across Canada as opposed to the 300mb limit with MTS. How is the coverage thru western Canada?
    Anything anyone can add would be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:10 PM
    I recently bought a Z10 from MTS, no contract. I'm currently on their LTE unlimited plan for $67 per month (with call display and voice mail)
    I'm looking at Rogers 5 gig plan with unlimited Canadian calling; with 10% discount I can get the plan for $59 per month . I know that Rogers doesn't offer LTE atm.

My questions : how good is the 4G service in Winnipeg and in the interlake and Victoria Beach areas?
    Any word on LTE?
    One of the reasons I would go with Rogers is for the data across Canada as opposed to the 300mb limit with MTS. How is the coverage thru western Canada?
    Anything anyone can add would be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    4G service is decent, not top notch compared to other areas Rogers has 4G. LTE Rogers will be in time, who knows when but in time.

Check here for coverage on rogers

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...ork_ClaimImage
    pkcable likes this.
    05-02-13 12:42 PM
    I would think you would be better off with Rogers. I used to have MTS, the biggest kicker was once you left Manitoba you were restricted. Which I hated. I have never once had any problems with Rogers Service. Usually I have full bars, unless I am in the back corner of the wal-mart. For some reason that spot seems to be a dead zone.
    My wife has the Z10, and her 4G service is amazing. Fast downloads, good constant service.
    Beware though, Rogers customer service is a joke. Absoulte garbage. But then again, most carrier customer serivce reps are.

Best of luck!
    pkcable likes this.
    05-02-13 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I never worried about the data limit outside of Manitoba with my old BlackBerry but I know the Z10 consumes a lot more. 300 MB won't be enough for a two week trip. I can live without LTE. In fact I've turned it off on my phone to see how it is and it seems fine. As long as 4G is good with Rogers.

As for customer service, I've had good experiences with MTS for the most part. In fact we need another cell phone for a month for a trip and MTS is willing to activate my old BlackBerry without activation fees and all we do is pay the month to month plan. So it'll cost us $45 for a month.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 07:19 PM
    4G service on Rogers up at Belair (between Grand Beach and Victoria) was really good at a friends cottage last weekend. Last year it was horrible with lots of drops. Cottage is in a bit of a dead zone. Maybe they have more towers now servicing the area. But for whatever reason, coverage is now much much better in that area.
    gebco likes this.
    05-07-13 09:03 AM
    With friends and family we've found bell has better service coverage in central rural alberta compared to Rogers and Telus. But that was a year or two ago... maybe they beefed up/ added more towers or whatever they do to improve cell reception since then

Sam
    gebco likes this.
    05-07-13 09:18 AM
    Hello, I'm using Mts, but the moment I enter the home, it says "no service". Can anyone care to tell me how to make my cell phone work inside my home?
    06-28-16 03:19 PM
    Hello, I'm using Mts, but the moment I enter the home, it says "no service". Can anyone care to tell me how to make my cell phone work inside my home?
    Cel-fi or similar signal booster. A lot of older homes have wire mesh in corners which hinder wireless signals.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 11:48 PM