02-13-15 12:02 PM
27 12
tools
    Hey folks, need some insight on how to handle this. So I just recently (probably 2-3 weeks ago) got a Z30 and Q5 via Rogers as our plan was expired and wanted to upgrade. Spoke to retention and worked out a deal that was quite nice. This included price matching the Z to $120 and the Q to I think it was $20 at the time. Well, here's the problem. Open my bill today and they are charging me $230 for the Z pre tax and 100 for the Q pretax. Not only is that not price matched, it's more than their regular price on a two year term. Like wtf!!!! Not to mention I got 2 s3's at the same time for $0 for which they are now charging me $100 a phone . This is ridiculous. I have a bill for like $1000 dollars. :@ . Of which $600 is hardware charges.

I'm going to call them and have it corrected thing is if they don't budge what do I do? At that point I'd likely cancel my TV home phone and cable and move to bell. I would be infuriated.

Just to be clear I confirmed how much I would be paying for hardware multiple times over the phone. Sick of this company and now I'm stuck on a 2 year. Wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 12:36 PM
    I edited your thread title to make it more descriptive of the problem.

You can try this website PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many but I'm NOT sure how effective they are with Canadian copmanies, BUT they were very useful to me with several US based companies like Comcast Cable and Verizon Wereless.

Also you might try looking up and contacting the President of Rogers' office. Now you won't get the president himself, BUT you will find his/her staff VERY effective at solving problems. Another good office at the company to look for would be the Office of Consumers or Customer Affairs.
    12-09-13 12:50 PM
    I edited your thread title to make it more descriptive of the problem.

You can try this website PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many but I'm NOT sure how effective they are with Canadian copmanies, BUT they were very useful to me with several US based companies like Comcast Cable and Verizon Wereless.

Also you might try looking up and contacting the President of Rogers' office. Now you won't get the president himself, BUT you will find his/her staff VERY effective at solving problems. Another good office at the company to look for would be the Office of Consumers or Customer Affairs.
    I thought mine did justice as to what caused the problem lol,but okay. I'll call anyone at rogers at this point. We'll see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:10 PM
    In my experience, any time I have had any negotiations with Rogers about discounts/credits, they always go full out in the first bill. Any adjustments they make will then show up in the next - or even two - billing cycles later.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    12-09-13 01:11 PM
    In my experience, any time I have had any negotiations with Rogers about discounts/credits, they always go full out in the first bill. Any adjustments they make will then show up in the next - or even two - billing cycles later.
    Same with me. They usually show all charges on the first bill, which I do not pay, and then it is corrected on the second bill. One time they did screw up how much I had to pay for a phone by $200. I called and told them what the issue was and the person tried to stand firm and make me pay for it. All I had to do was say I know the calls are recorded and I can speak to a manager and get them to listen to the conversation. She put me on hold for about 2 minutes and came back and said there would be no charges (which there wasn't supposed to be any as per the original deal).
    12-09-13 01:16 PM
    Same with me. They usually show all charges on the first bill, which I do not pay, and then it is corrected on the second bill. One time they did screw up how much I had to pay for a phone by $200. I called and told them what the issue was and the person tried to stand firm and make me pay for it. All I had to do was say I know the calls are recorded and I can speak to a manager and get them to listen to the conversation. She put me on hold for about 2 minutes and came back and said there would be no charges (which there wasn't supposed to be any as per the original deal).
    Good for you! That is my experience exactly. Hope the OP reads this!
    12-09-13 01:28 PM
    it takes 2 or 3 billing cycles to reflect the price adjustment made to the device.
    12-09-13 01:39 PM
    Okay so should I hold off on paying the bill for now ? For piece of mind I'm still going to call them to confirm. The $1000 figure left me gasping for air ( figuratively ofcourse).

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-09-13 02:00 PM
    Call back to confirm charges and as Hockey Guy said have them listen to previous conversation with the CSR/Retentions. These calls are recorded always.
    12-09-13 02:06 PM
    Call back to confirm charges and as Hockey Guy said have them listen to previous conversation with the CSR/Retentions. These calls are recorded always.
    Okay will do. Thanks for the tips folks.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:17 PM
    I once told some rogers employee over the phone to hire a voodoo witchdoctor to conjure up the spirit of Ted Rogers so I could complain to him. They didn't like it very much...

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:45 PM
    Hey folks, need some insight on how to handle this. So I just recently (probably 2-3 weeks ago) got a Z30 and Q5 via Rogers as our plan was expired and wanted to upgrade. Spoke to retention and worked out a deal that was quite nice. This included price matching the Z to $120 and the Q to I think it was $20 at the time. Well, here's the problem. Open my bill today and they are charging me $230 for the Z pre tax and 100 for the Q pretax. Not only is that not price matched, it's more than their regular price on a two year term. Like wtf!!!! Not to mention I got 2 s3's at the same time for $0 for which they are now charging me $100 a phone . This is ridiculous. I have a bill for like $1000 dollars. :@ . Of which $600 is hardware charges.

I'm going to call them and have it corrected thing is if they don't budge what do I do? At that point I'd likely cancel my TV home phone and cable and move to bell. I would be infuriated.

Just to be clear I confirmed how much I would be paying for hardware multiple times over the phone. Sick of this company and now I'm stuck on a 2 year. Wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    That's definitely Rogers for you, good thing you were paying attention to your bill!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:48 PM
    I know when they price matched my z10 I was charged the regular rate for the device and the credit was applied to the next invoice as the coding they used to price match could NOT be applied to the current invoice. Sounded silly to me and I actually called em as well ranting till they clearly RE EXPLAINED the process to me. I can pretty much guarantee your price match credits will be on the next invoice.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:51 PM
    I understand, but there is no way I am paying this bill in full, unless my next bill is basically free after adjustements.
    castoridae likes this.
    12-09-13 03:11 PM
    I got a galaxy s4 for 59 bucks. Still haven't used it!! lol
    Always make sure you get a email confirmation with order code as you are speaking to them. That way all the info is there for you when there is a discrepancy in the bill..
    12-09-13 04:14 PM
    As long as your comfortable paying the late fee on the unpaid portion. Charges are something they can discuss with you.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 04:17 PM
    I understand, but there is no way I am paying this bill in full, unless my next bill is basically free after adjustements.
    Definitely call to confirm since if they deny, you are still within the return policy date so if all else fails you can threaten, and always be prepared to follow through if necessary, to return the product. If you wait a month or two you will lose this leverage. They may even be able to give you a confirmation number of your call so that you will have something to reference if they "forget" again next month.
    12-09-13 04:19 PM
    it takes 2 or 3 billing cycles to reflect the price adjustment made to the device.
    This exactly

All "back end" deals ie) price match or lowing the price of a phone takes 1-2 billion cycles

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 04:50 PM
    For the past 8 months we have had to call rogers every month sometimes twice a month and fight over our bill. They certainly love to screw people around.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:11 AM
    Same as everyone else, my December bill is shy of 500 because I upgraded to the 30. They are price matching the Telus deal at 49. They said it could take up to 3 months. Plus I'm waiting on my trade in credit of 200. Again can take a while. Be patient. They told me hardware charges can be paid in two months. Pay for it then get the credit and pay nothing for awhile.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:17 AM
    Okay so should I hold off on paying the bill for now ? For piece of mind I'm still going to call them to confirm. The $1000 figure left me gasping for air ( figuratively ofcourse).

Posted via CB10
    I swear Rogers does this to confuse the customer. If you hold back on the payment (which I agree with), you get a $5.00 late payment fee added.
    Every time my service changes with them I have to go thru this.
    It pays to cal - several times. Just do NOT speak to anyone in accounts, they only know how to read the bill and have no authority to reduce extra charges.
    What extra charges you may ask?
    Try a $15.00 connection fee - even though you're only exchaging phones, not service.
    Read you new bill very very carefully. You need to refuse to pay bogus charges.
    Be prepared to spend about an hour arguing with each person you call for about an hour.
    Be prepared to do this two or three times and each time go thru the same arguments. Each call may get you one discount (correction) at a time.
    They make it difficult and confusing on purpose, which is why there is a whole website called Rogers no service.
    Why? Because most people give up because the whole process is so confusing, so they end up getting ripped off - and Rogers get to pocket that money.
    Good luck, and don't give up!
    Last edited by castoridae; 02-21-14 at 09:44 AM.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-21-14 09:34 AM
    I have never found Rogers to be difficult to deal with when it has been issues if incorrect billing.
    For any real problems ask to speak with Customer Relations or Customer Retention.

These groups are really one and the same and they have the authority to reverse charges or apply credits to offset and overcharge.

I have found in the past that being respectful and polite to the person I am speaking with has made the world of difference in how much people are willing to help you resolve an issue.

I have had to remind them in the past that it is their responsibility to set me up on the right phone plan as they have a clear history of my usage patterns and they are (or should be) subject matter experts as to which plan would best accomodate my usage.

A few years ago I would have to call in every month to correct my billing. I am a 3,000 to 4,000 minute per month talk time customer and whenever they had the plan that best "suited" my usage patterns I would get my next bill and the phone calls were anywhere between $600-$1100. They always reduced my bill significantly and would change my plan to something they felt would work better. Eventually Customer Relations got involved and resolved the issue quite amicably and quickly.

Good luck!

Tom

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use to work for Rogers and legally everything that they promised you would be documented on your account in the form of an interaction id#.
    Breathe. Just call in and speak to retentions again to make sure the promised offers are applied correctly!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-09-14 12:20 PM
    I use to work for Rogers and legally everything that they promised you would be documented on your account in the form of an interaction id#.
    Breathe. Just call in and speak to retentions again to make sure the promised offers are applied correctly!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    Just because its on the record does not mean they will actually read the info. Eg: 1) When I switched to WIND for my cell, Rogers told Wind they had the wrong pin# for the account. This was an outright lie, as I confirmed what wind had and it was correct. 2) Rogers told TekSavvy that they did not have a disconnection date - another lie, and I had to call Rogers to yell at them yet again.
    Rogers do not play nice, what's on your record is not dyed in wool.
    10-09-14 03:55 PM
    I know when they price matched my z10 I was charged the regular rate for the device and the credit was applied to the next invoice as the coding they used to price match could NOT be applied to the current invoice. Sounded silly to me and I actually called em as well ranting till they clearly RE EXPLAINED the process to me. I can pretty much guarantee your price match credits will be on the next invoice.

Posted via CB10
    This is all BS they tell you. How many people just pay and the 'discount' is accidentally on purpose not taken off until you call them - it has happened to me on more occasions than I care to remember.
    10-09-14 04:01 PM
27 12