I was on the local store yesterday for an unrelated reason and thought to check out the new Passport. Non were on display so I asked the clerk why. She blithely told me they probably had one outback back but don't display them because of serious problems. What problems I asked. She said they had more returns for service problems with the Blackberry phones so Rogers were no longer supporting them. I was enraged and told her I had the Z10 and my three year old playbook was still going strong. She said I was lucky and her fellow worker agreed. I left the store but it urks me that they should condemn what is obviously a superior product. Am I missing something here?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 12:59 PM
    No....just carriers being idiotic.I think VZW is the same way....
    01-13-15 01:03 PM
    People running pre 10.2.1 had a lot of problems with their phones. Sales people remember that. Also they have no incentives usually to sell blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:04 PM
    That's BS from your store. What's the location of your store? My local store has all the BlackBerry models on display.
    01-13-15 01:06 PM
    Interesting. Duncan Vancouver island actually. I'm not ready to upgrade but was interested in seeing the new phone. I have always had faith in BlackBerry even during the down swing. I battle apple users daily so I was a bit upset to hear the damning of the phone from a prime Canadian company.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 08:38 PM
    So I am now given to believe it is all because Blackberry doesn't use as much Data? So carriers don't make as much money?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 01:42 AM
    Most sales representatives at the stores are high-school kids who don't actually know anything about any phone and who have never used a BlackBerry 10 phone.

This becomes even worse if you enter a 'authorized rogers reseller' because these aren't even corporate stores, they will never sell you a BlackBerry and don't represent the parent company, rogers, in a good way.

Try Telus or a corporate store next time. They might be better.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-17-15 02:25 AM
    So I am now given to believe it is all because Blackberry doesn't use as much Data? So carriers don't make as much money?

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure about that. Back with BIS on the javascript Blackberrys there was some heavy compression but most of that has gone by the way side now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by OneofLittleHarmony; 01-17-15 at 07:10 PM.
    01-17-15 05:48 PM
    Telus has the best support in Canada for the Passports and seems for Blackberry in general.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 06:35 PM
    I am not sure about that. Back with BIS on the javascript Blackberrys there was some heavy compression but most of that has gone by the way side now.

Posted via CB10
    BBOS was Java-based, not Javascript... that would have been quite a feat.

And BIS (on pre-BB10 BlackBerry devices) was initially relied upon by all carriers around the world as a stop-gap measure to provide "smart phone" service back when their network capacities could barely support it.

I doubt BlackBerry could convince carriers in this day and age to any new agreements involving carriers handing them over a $5 fee in exchange for devices that will use less data,... considering data charges have become their bread and butter.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 08:06 PM
    I had the same problem in Nanaimo at woodgrove, not one blackberry in sight! Rogers apparently doesn't display them in corporate stores anymore

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 01:24 AM
    Well it just strengthens my resolve to buy on line direct from BlackBerry. Did that with my last phone and saved $100.00. I have a very low cost account with rogers and don't think I can get better. Plus coverage is an issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 12:39 PM
    I'm in a similar situation as you Sue. I currently have a Rogers shared plan (3 phones) that I've had for over 5 years. (I've been with Rogers for 9 years). I've made changes to it, but it's still $30 to $40 per month cheaper than any comparable current plan. I want to keep my plan, but I also want to stay with BlackBerry. I may treat myself to a Z30 when (if) Shop Blackberry out them on sale again. I do have patience, so I may wait to see what Blackberry comes out with later this year. Maybe a Samsung with BB10!?
    PS: The harder Rogers makes it to stay Blackberry, the more I want one...

Z10-9900-Playbook
    01-26-15 03:06 AM
    Was at 2 rogers stores yesterday in southern ontario and they do have Passport and Classic on display at least they have newer devices .
    01-27-15 09:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    A shame too it could have been a differentiator.
    01-28-15 11:26 AM
    I have the passport and love it first BlackBerry bold to 9810 to z10 to amazing z30 now passport fantastic phone more like a pc in my pocket

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:15 AM
    Just saw a passport in Best Buy!
    Thought they had given BlackBerry the boot awhile back.
    It wasn't powered on, but it was displayed right along with iPhones and Androids. iPhone and droid had a separate spot with a working model of each... not the BlackBerry though.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 02:04 AM
    I was at the Woodgrove Mall in Nanaimo yesterday. Stopped in at the Telus store. There in plain view was a Passport and a Classic. Well placed, just right of the entrance. Not hidden!
    The Koodo kiosk also had the Classic on display. No passport.

Z10-9900-Playbook
    02-08-15 02:09 AM
    Well it just strengthens my resolve to buy on line direct from BlackBerry. Did that with my last phone and saved $100.00. I have a very low cost account with rogers and don't think I can get better. Plus coverage is an issue.

Posted via CB10
    I purchased the Z30 on the weekend, from Shop Blackberry. I absolutely love it. Not only is it a great phone, but it's unlocked!
    In 3 months I will be shopping around for the best BYOD plan. Freedom!
    My experience: if you don't owe a cell provider money for a phone, it's easier to negotiate a good plan. That way they are only providing the service, not the phone. It's easier to switch providers.

Z30-Z10-9900-Playbook
    02-12-15 07:00 PM
    Telus has the best support in Canada for the Passports and seems for Blackberry in general.

Posted via CB10
    That's why I dropped Rogers as soon as I didn't need UMA calling anymore. Moved to Telus.

Sent from my Z30 on CB10
    02-22-15 01:11 PM
    Rogers near my house gave me my nano sim for free after seeing passport in my hand. Corp store too

Posted via Passport.
    02-27-15 03:27 AM
    Interesting. Duncan Vancouver island actually. I'm not ready to upgrade but was interested in seeing the new phone. I have always had faith in BlackBerry even during the down swing. I battle apple users daily so I was a bit upset to hear the damning of the phone from a prime Canadian company.

Posted via CB10
    You said you were engaged, lol at the claims by your store. Even so you mentioned having two touch screen devices PlayBook and Z10 which I agree performed well. That said have a look over at the above 2200 posts thread of the Q10 double key entry and you'll have an idea what the stores claim may actually have some validity in terms of returns. At work we switched carriers in May 2014 and there have been 5 Q10 devices with this exact issue that no amount of troubleshooting resolved. Worse performance from BlackBerry keyboard I've seen in 15yrs tbh.

Also remember many stores deal with businesses directly not just consumers so their perception is skewed based on higher volume sales and thus higher returns potentially.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:27 AM
    I've pretty much have experienced what members have said on this thread. I too got the brush off and lack of awareness and information. It really was a gong show and the launch could have been better in my opinion. I really do blame the higher ups as the training and knowledge information comes from up above. I often wonder what Rogers did to muck up the relationship with Blackberry. Rogers Wireless use to always have the insider first IN with launches but I geuss they drew a line in the sand with the Z30.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-04-15 08:33 AM
    I was in a telus store a few weeks ago and the sales guy was telling me that he gets extra pay to use a samsung device and recommend them above other products. That's lame and feels like it shouldn't be allowed.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:38 AM
    In ottawa, i just purchased a Q5 from the Rogers Store.
    They also had the Z30, Classic and Passport.
    Something Fido, Virgin and Wind were lacking.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:45 AM