Now that I have 8.1 with WiFi calling working on my KEYone with Rogers, my desire to move to the KEY2 has dissipated. That said, if WiFi calling were to be confirmed working on the KEY2 with Rogers, I might be more easily persuaded to get the upgrade.

Can anyone confirm WiFi calling is now working on Rogers with the KEY2?
    08-20-18 08:06 AM
    Now that I have 8.1 with WiFi calling working on my KEYone with Rogers, my desire to move to the KEY2 has dissipated. That said, if WiFi calling were to be confirmed working on the KEY2 with Rogers, I might be more easily persuaded to get the upgrade.

Can anyone confirm WiFi calling is now working on Rogers with the KEY2?
    It seems they are working out kinks on all variants for WFC. It worked on the initial release for T-mobile but even then it was hit or miss. I think it is broken in all versions after that on all carriers but I can only confirm for T-Mobile US
    08-20-18 12:30 PM
    When you say all variants, you mean all variants of the KEY2, right? Obviously they have it working for the KEYone devices...at least they do on Rogers. That said, I'm most interested in knowing if anyone with a Rogers KEY2 can confirm whether it is or isn't working for them.
    08-20-18 01:21 PM
    When you say all variants, you mean all variants of the KEY2, right? Obviously they have it working for the KEYone devices...at least they do on Rogers. That said, I'm most interested in knowing if anyone with a Rogers KEY2 can confirm whether it is or isn't working for them.
    Not working for me.
    08-20-18 02:18 PM
    Not working for me.
    Thanks. Hopefully they'll get it fixed sooner than later.
    08-20-18 02:28 PM
    I got the 8.1 update on my Rogers keyONE last week, and noticed the Wi-Fi Calling feature. It actually works very well. Used it over the last few days, and it seems to have some intelligence to not engage if the Wi-Fi signal strength or connection quality is not good (Signal Strength? Speed?). I also tested disabling wifi mid-call and it seamlessly hands over to the mobile network with only maybe a 1/8 second audio dropout. Same for when it re-engages after wi-fi becomes available again.

Looking forward to this option when I'm in my basement where previously I would regularly drop calls or have issues sending SMS. Also will be great while in the US to send texts and make calls to Canada without incurring the daily roam-like-home fee while on Wi-Fi.
    08-21-18 12:31 PM
    Yes, it works flawlessly on my KEYone, as well. I've been nagging for Rogers to enable WiFi calling for BlackBerry for several years...since I had the PRIV. Now that I have it, I won't buy another phone without it. For this reason, I will not be getting the KEY2 right away and would have to consider a Samsung, should this phone fail. (Having a work phone that doesn't have a signal at work is rather pointless.)

I did get response from Rogers stating that they are waiting on BlackBerry to enable it on the KEY2.

My next big question is, "what is so different between the KEYone and KEY2 on 8.1 that would allow WiFi calling to work on the one and not the other?"
    08-21-18 08:04 PM