How can i get Rogers unlock service?

Thank you
    Mr.3
    02-15-09 03:31 AM
    Do a search on the site here, so many threads have the answer on that

hint: http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/got...00-cad-143502/

Good Luck and welcome to CB
    02-15-09 09:52 AM
    Rogers will not unlock your BB. You will need to pay someone else to do it.
    02-20-09 06:31 AM
    I just paid $7.50 for an unlock code for my Rogers Bold yesterday.
    02-21-09 06:00 AM
    guess what, I spoke to a Rogers rep yesterday and they say that unlocking a Bold VOIDS THE WARRANTY. That is why they dont provide a unlock/courtesy code. Can you believe that cr*p? should I have it unlocked by a third party then, or should I not take the chance?
    02-21-09 02:25 PM
    It's true, unlocking does void the warranty. Rogers won't unlock it because, they are the only GSM company in Canada. So chances are, if your looking to unlock your phone, it's not going to help them out any. You probably want to unlock your phone to put in a foreign sim card while on vacation, therefore they lose out on all those roaming charges.

I have never had my Blackberries in for warranty work, and have had no problems since unlocking one of them.
    02-21-09 02:57 PM
    horizonwirelessonline.com - never had any problems and usually get my unlock code faster than the 24 hrs they tell me
    02-21-09 05:34 PM
    Here's some food for thought:

Why unlock anyways while in Canada? The only GSM carriers are Rogers and Fido. For the most part, everyone uses Rogers for BlackBerry.

The unlocking portion is still iffy for me in terms of full understanding because it is a software lock and not a hard-lock. Formatting the phone with the correct Rogers OS might just be able to re-enable the SIM lock if needed.

However, I do always warn that you should be careful in undertaking such actions as unlocking. And I don't have to remind that Rogers does not condone such actions. =)
    02-22-09 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD