Z10 And A Speaker-pic655.jpg

Taken Via N8

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    syah iejam likes this.
    10-11-14 08:52 AM
    Holy Sound System, Batman!
    10-11-14 12:57 PM
    Holy Sound System, Batman!
    That is not batman speaker. That speaker from 90's radio set. I just take one of the speaker and modify the wire to plug into any device with 3.5mm jack output but i just use it with my phone.

10-12-14 05:17 AM
    That is not batman speaker. That speaker from 90's radio set. I just take one of the speaker and modify the wire to plug into any device with 3.5mm jack output but i just use it with my phone.

So no external power to the speaker?

So all the juice is coming from the Z10? If yes, is it loud enough?...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-12-14 07:17 AM
    So no external power to the speaker?

So all the juice is coming from the Z10? If yes, is it loud enough?...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    No. Nothing. From device to speaker directly. It is audible in my n8 but it much louder with z10 and with audio boost, it gets much louder even though audio boost make the song a little distorted like there is interference especially the singer part. At quiet night it is so loud that I have turn the volume down.

It seems speaker with lower power is more louder. The current radio speaker with 7w is more much more louder than 150w car speaker(pioneer brand) which is barely audible. But that is just my experience. I have not an expert in audio system.

10-12-14 08:45 AM
    [ahem] <trainspotting> Loudness is proportionate to the sensitivity of the speakers, usually measured in db. It's an expression of the sound pressure level the speaker outputs for 1W of power, measured at 1 metre. The 150w on your car speakers refers to the maximum recommended rating of driving amplifier, not how loud they are.</trainspotting>
    That your z10 is even vaguely able to drive that speaker is testament to BlackBerry quality control...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:00 AM
    You mean the speaker volume is determine by the speaker sensitivity(db), not the watt?.

10-13-14 10:19 AM
    You mean the speaker volume is determine by the speaker sensitivity(db), not the watt?.

For a given, fixed level of input, yes. In a normal audio system, there would be a power amplifier between the source (your Z10) and the speaker. The wattage of the power amplifier would govern the volume and the quality of the sound from the speaker. If you connected that same input and amplifier to more sensitive speakers, it would sound louder.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:04 AM