Just wanted to share what happened earlier. My phone placed on top of a newspaper on a table. My girlfriend was talking to my mom then she grabbed the newspaper hastily. Of course, the Z10 dropped and tumbled on the cement floor. I was so pissed off by this act of carelessness. Knowing I'm angry, she went out and gone home. She told me that she thought that was the Leather Pocket. I'm so angry right now until knowing my phone's speaker seems to be broken. It wouldn't play any sound at all! And now, I feel like I want to punch somebody. There, I said it. What would you feel if you're in my situation?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:49 AM
    Ugh, sorry Ron. Initially ya, I would be upset. But it seems that it was an accident.......
    Can the speaker be fixed?
    02-01-14 08:40 AM
    Ugh, sorry Ron. Initially ya, I would be upset. But it seems that it was an accident.......
    Can the speaker be fixed?
    Agree with Hamsterwheel. Who wouldn't be upset? See if it can be fixed.

Keep in mind it's just a phone and that very worst you'll need to buy a new one. What kind of message are you sending your girlfriend if you a phone before her? If you care about her, put the phone down and go fix things with you girl.

Good luck bud...and P.S. in your signature post you carrier, country, etc and someone can probably help you more. Like I'm US Verizon and could tell you there Insurance Policy, etc.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    02-01-14 08:47 AM
    I understand you getting upset, but it really just seemed like an accident. I would apologize if I were you.
    02-01-14 09:00 AM
    As much as I love my Z10 it can be repaired or replaced if needed. So don't stay angry with your girlfriend too long. Loved ones are far more important than any material thing no matter what.

Z10 In action here!
    bambinoitaliano and ronfc like this.
    02-01-14 09:02 AM
    Thanks, guys. Well, I know this might sound crazy but I did tapped the bottom part of the phone where the speaker is and it worked. Seems like there is a loose connection inside. She already said sorry and forgiven her after a couple of hours.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    02-01-14 09:56 AM
    Finish with her

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:59 AM
    Thanks, guys. Well, I know this might sound crazy but I did tapped the bottom part of the phone where the speaker is and it worked. Seems like there is a loose connection inside. She already said sorry and forgiven her after a couple of hours.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Glad to hear it might just be a loose connection and can be fixed. I'd make the girlfriend do all kinds of chores for a week or so until she has paid off the debt of carelessness.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    02-01-14 10:32 AM
    Glad to hear it might just be a loose connection and can be fixed. I'd make the girlfriend do all kinds of chores for a week or so until she has paid off the debt of carelessness.
    Ok, maybe not make her do chores.
    02-01-14 10:33 AM
    Ok, maybe not make her do chores.
    depends what your definition of chores are
    02-01-14 12:07 PM
    I was just on another thread in the Z10 section where someone (and others who replied) had this same exact problem. All they had to do to fix it was smack their phone against the palm of their hand a few times and the sound came back and never broke again. Maybe that will work for you?

Anyways, today, I was extremely careless with my Q10 today. I was home sick and was laying in bed. I had to use the restroom and I flipped the covers off and my phone flew through the air and slammed on the hardwood floor. Battery door, battery, and fortunes from Chinese restaurants landed throughout the room in a giant dramatic slow-motion event.

Luckily, there was no cosmetic damage and the phone is working fine. However in a similar situation I had with my 9900, my screen received a small chip in the glass by the top left of the phone.... not fun at all.

The best I could do is forgive myself (and my phone) and try as hard as I could to forget about it...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    02-03-14 09:48 PM

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Ah! After I wrote my response I just read this and wow!

Like I said in my long response, this seems to be the fix for most people.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    ronfc likes this.
    02-03-14 09:49 PM