I've been reading this article since its inception (ooohhh Inception) but can not understand it. Can anyone please explain? The only thing I'm comprehending is that phones give off radiation (shocking!).

Is your smartphone making you sick? | News.com.au
    11-28-10 03:49 PM
    Phones give off radiation, and its measured by SAR (how your body absorbs said radiation). The higher it is, the worse.

The article is only saying the same things thats been said since lord knows the creation of cell phones. Most people dont really give a darn.

I did a speech on this and used my old Bold as an example. There is nothing more eye opening than showing a thermal picture and how it heats your brain up from using it. Alas it only raises temperature up a fraction a degree and its mostly concentrated to the surface (ie your skin), but it does seep down a bit. Your body compensates by increasing blood flow in the brain slightly to move off excess heat.

Crazy stuff, but if you dont wanna deal with it, use a bluetooth headset.

EDIT: Mobile phone radiation and health - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Read and be informed
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-28-10 at 09:44 PM. Reason: profanity
    11-28-10 04:02 PM
    Yeah I pretty much got that. Must be that weird Australian variation of English or the fact that it's a Fox site.
    11-28-10 04:19 PM
    Yeah I pretty much got that. Must be that weird Australian variation of English or the fact that it's a Fox site.
    I've seen the same information on CNN. I do use BT most of the time for that reason.
    11-28-10 04:31 PM
    I've seen the same information on CNN. I do use BT most of the time for that reason.
    I was talking about the way it was worded, not the subject of the article. Like devildrifterX said, it's been talked about forever.
    11-28-10 04:35 PM
    I really don't care. I still hold my phone to my ear or use speaker phone. If I happen to have my bluetooth on me, I use it.
    11-28-10 05:36 PM
    People should be more concerned with the germs on their devive than the radiation that is being emitting.
    11-28-10 06:14 PM
    Only time will tell, the FDA approves how many drugs based on studies and then there pulled off the market a year later because people die from even what there prescribed to take. Studies and stats can only tell you so much for that time period. When this generation of cell phone users are 75yrs old, that's when they'll be able to do a study on the diseases and illnesses of people in nursing and assisted living homes, and compare to people from the 1940's at the same point in their lives. If all of us have GIANT brain tumors under one or the either ear, more than likely cell phones will be to blame. As for me, I use prolly 100minutes a month, but unlimited data, so my hand is gonna have more problems than my brain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 08:16 PM
    ... As for me, I use prolly 100minutes a month, but unlimited data, so my hand is gonna have more problems than my brain.
    Same here.
    11-28-10 09:03 PM
    Considering the diet and exercise routine of the people in most modernized nations, your heart will give out long before your phone gives you brain cancer.
    It'll be up to motorcyclers like me to supply you all with fresh hearts
    11-28-10 11:28 PM
    If you're curious, here's a list of SAR ratings for all Blackberries from the Environmental Working Group...the BB Storm is the best, while the BB 8800-series are one of the worst offenders

Get a Safer Phone | Search Results| Environmental Working Group

Edit: they also have a list for every cell phone on the market...those ugly Motorolas top the list
    Last edited by bbstoof; 11-29-10 at 04:58 AM.
    Lenoh likes this.
    11-29-10 04:54 AM
    I won't live long enough to develop cancer from my BB, but I am feeling the effects of using the keyboard. I've had to give up my Torch and go back to my 9700. The keyboad layout, or maybe the way it's recessed, is causing pain down the base of my thumbs and down the underside of my wrists.
    I really don't want carpal tunnel syndrome. Really disappointed me because I REALLY like my Torch.

11-29-10 05:23 AM
    I really don't care. I still hold my phone to my ear or use speaker phone. If I happen to have my bluetooth on me, I use it.
    Bluetooth? Who needs Bluetooth?

11-29-10 09:21 AM
    i have seen that discussion in a lot of places but seriously,when i think about it,i feel people are just becoming a little paranoid about that.IMHO.
    11-29-10 09:47 AM
    Sick? No.

But I do find myself shutting the things off to get away from the world more often now.
    11-29-10 10:44 AM
    Bluetooth? Who needs Bluetooth?

Man, black people are hilarious. XD
    11-29-10 12:08 PM
    Sick? No.

But I do find myself shutting the things off to get away from the world more often now.
    ditto, I do this to also, and the same goes for my kids w/their bb's or cell ph & vid games. Your brain needs time to "unwind electronically"

11-29-10 01:52 PM
    If you're curious, here's a list of SAR ratings for all Blackberries from the Environmental Working Group...the BB Storm is the best, while the BB 8800-series are one of the worst offenders

Get a Safer Phone | Search Results| Environmental Working Group

Edit: they also have a list for every cell phone on the market...those ugly Motorolas top the list
    Thanks for the link, I wondered about the effects of using these computers so close to our bodies.
    11-30-10 03:17 AM
    My phone once gave me the crabs. In its defense however, it was only taking revenge because I accidentally gave it herpes. All's fair in love and STDs.
    12-02-10 12:07 PM
    Is this why my tv shuts off or on every time I walk by it?
    12-02-10 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD