Can you tell I really love this thread???? Anyways earlier I reamed out Mavis for saying (or almost saying) Asia was a one hit wonder, BUT Geoff Downes, from Asia, and his Yes (he joined Yes for the Drama Album) bandmate Trever Horn were part of a little band called the Buggles that are a pretty famous one hit wonder. Their "hit" "Video Killed the Radio Star" was THE first video ever on MTV.

And another hit on MTV was Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me with Science"

This is more of a no hit wonder, but this song is great and did get good air play, Nada Surf's Popular....

LMAO!!!! PLEASE re-read what I wrote! I was in fact pointing out how Asia was NOT a one-hit wonder by listing 3 other songs they did right off the top of my head.
    05-05-10 10:50 AM
    LMAO!!!! PLEASE re-read what I wrote! I was in fact pointing out how Asia was NOT a one-hit wonder by listing 3 other songs they did right off the top of my head.
    *facepalm*

Jen, we need some one hit wonder baby makin' music.
    05-05-10 10:57 AM
    *facepalm*

Jen, we need some one hit wonder baby makin' music.
    Jeesh between this, then getting my Naked Star Wars shot down....Im off to a rough start today *kicks dirt*

I picture a dimly lit room, red velvet bedding, you with fake moustache and the eargasmic "I Wanna Be Your Man" by Zapp and Rodgers
    05-05-10 11:01 AM
    Martin Page - "In The House Of Stone And Light"

@Mavis - you are starting to scare me. Our musical taste are far too similar

@Scr3am - There will be no defiling our fair Mavis with your prurient thought
    So un-Saget like.
    05-05-10 11:02 AM
    Jeesh between this, then getting my Naked Star Wars shot down....Im off to a rough start today *kicks dirt*

I picture a dimly lit room, red velvet bedding, you with fake moustache and the eargasmic "I Wanna Be Your Man" by Zapp and Rodgers
    I believe that's Roger and Zapp. And what's this talk about naked Star Wars? How can I get me some Jen in Princess Leia's gold bikini?
    05-05-10 11:04 AM
    Martin Page - "In The House Of Stone And Light"

@Mavis - you are starting to scare me. Our musical taste are far too similar

@Scr3am - There will be no defiling our fair Mavis with your prurient thought
    So un-Saget like.
    *runs off to Google the definition of defiling*

I believe that's Roger and Zapp. And what's this talk about naked Star Wars? How can I get me some Jen in Princess Leia's gold bikini?
    You are correct, Roger & Zapp. I dont own a gold bikini, but I can rock some serious braided side buns.

baby-making one hit wonder: Knockin Boots by Candyman
    05-05-10 11:19 AM

You are correct, Roger & Zapp. I dont own a gold bikini, but I can rock some serious braided side buns.

I haz no Knockin' Boots, but maybe this could work for you:

05-05-10 11:26 AM
    I haz no Knockin' Boots, but maybe this could work for you:

*dies*

10chardead
    05-05-10 11:29 AM
    Knockin Boot's Songs ... Gold bikini's ... Defiling ... This sounds like the begining of nice lunch time reading ..

How about this for Boot's Knocking One Hit Wonders "Killing Me Softly with His Song", a song performed most notably by Roberta Flack,

05-05-10 11:31 AM
    Knockin Boot's Songs ... Gold bikini's ... Defiling ... This sounds like the begining of nice lunch time reading ..

How about this for Boot's Knocking One Hit Wonders "Killing Me Softly with His Song", a song performed most notably by Roberta Flack,
    Roberta Flack...one-hit? Fail

lol, seriously, I love Roberta Flack but for that song I actually like Lauryn Hills cover better.
    Killing Me Softly isnt too "knockin' boots' to me....its more along the lines of 'sweet considerate lovemaking' music. *twitch*

How about Groove Me by King Floyd? ahhhhh

I seriously still have Bellagio Fountain Frank goosebumps right now
    Last edited by Mavis Fesselmeyer; 05-05-10 at 11:41 AM.
    05-05-10 11:39 AM
    Roberta Flack...one-hit? Fail

lol, seriously, I love Roberta Flack but for that song I actually like Lauryn Hills cover better.
    Killing Me Softly isnt too "knockin' boots' to me....its more along the lines of 'sweet considerate lovemaking' music. *twitch*

How about Groove Me by King Floyd? ahhhhh

I seriously still have Bellagio Fountain Frank goosebumps right now
    Woo Hoo!

Alright, may be lame, but I like this one.

05-05-10 11:46 AM
    I can't top the fountains at Bellagio. How about. Fountains of Wayne and some Mentos and Diet coke fountains videos

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 11:47 AM
    I can't top the fountains at Bellagio. How about. Fountains of Wayne and some Mentos and Diet coke fountains videos

Nothing much can. It made me cry when I saw it for the first time. I also loves me some Frank. Judge me if you must....

Stevens EXCELLENT song. I love that one.

hows about: Nobody Knows- The Tony Rich Project
    and for extra freaky...Freak Like Me- Adina Howard
    05-05-10 11:54 AM
    Nothing much can. It made me cry when I saw it for the first time. I also loves me some Frank. Judge me if you must....

Stevens EXCELLENT song. I love that one.

hows about: Nobody Knows- The Tony Rich Project
    and for extra freaky...Freak Like Me- Adina Howard
    I do love me some Tony Rich Project. However, I do not consider that a one-hit wonder because that whole CD was jam packed with classics that received ZERO appreciation.
    05-05-10 12:02 PM
    I do love me some Tony Rich Project. However, I do not consider that a one-hit wonder because that whole CD was jam packed with classics that received ZERO appreciation.
    Thats EXACTLY how I feel about Blackstreet
    05-05-10 12:05 PM
    Thats EXACTLY how I feel about Blackstreet
    Gasp!! I'm falling in love with you all over again.

Dave Hollister was the next Teddy Pendergrass.
    05-05-10 12:06 PM
    Gasp!! I'm falling in love with you all over again.

Dave Hollister was the next Teddy Pendergrass.
    mmmmmmmm great stuff.

for my next one-hit wonder pick...I cant Believe You Fell Out of Love With Me in the First Place by Mavis Fesselmeyer. Make that a no-hit wonder. Eh, details.

This thread has brought up so many memories. Last night while we were dishing up Aldo Nova and and Jay Ferguson, I had to listen to it all. that
    made me go to a folder I hadnt listened to in sooo long. These of course arent one-hit wonders, but I listened to Isnt It Time by the Babys and Shine a Little Love by ELO at least 10 times each last night.

I used to roller skate in my garage to that ELO song. I still haz a scar from when I fell after my skate caught on the deep freeze.
    05-05-10 12:15 PM
    I was saying I was WRONG for giving you a tongue lashing! Now back to the business at hand..... House of Pain's "Jump Around" White boys can rap too!

05-05-10 12:26 PM
    Does a two hit wonder count? How about Kenny Loggins song 'FOOTLOOSE' from the movie othe same title about those rebelious teenagers that just can't stop dancin (could be a new view on the proverbial 'shakin' or 'twitching' leg while sitting still?) And it was illegal in their little town......I remember when that was out in the 80's.the girls loved that! This is before I myself would eventually become a dancin fool when before any thought of makin my body move against normal or regular ways was embarassing as I was quite self conscious.

And also Kenny Loggins song from TOP GUN "DANGER ZONE".........I have that downloaded as one of my ringtones......all in all mighty fine memories of these ditty's

And so.....if so many artists can make at least one great song. What happens to them and where do they go? Someone shlould find and interview all these artists for their stories. I bet a lot of their tales would be eye openers! Mhmm.

05-05-10 12:31 PM
    To me, you have to decide if Kenny Loggins can be considered a one-hit wonder when you factor his excellent work with Jim Messina. Loggins & Messina was quite the duo in the 70s. Of course, I guess you could consider Loggins the solo act as a separate consideration for this post.....
    05-05-10 12:42 PM
    Again, I don't know if this qualifies, but this is the only song I've ever heard from Todd Rundgren.

05-05-10 12:51 PM
    Yeah I must say that I am completly ignorant of Kenny Loggins as a musician and all his other work that I am sure is just as great. The defintion of a one hit wonder could vary, although there are many cases of this musical pop cutlure factor that is obvious. Way more so for some artists then other artists. I'm sure there are so many factors or possible factors involved for each artists too. Or how a 'system' may or could work? Etc. I mean its obvious that a lot of them are great and competent musicians. we can't have everyone being hit machines like hit after hit after hit. That could be upsetting to the other hit machines? Like only some can be allowed to do that? Lol! I have no idea. Someone could write a booone hit wonders I'm sure. And hopefully one that. Doesn't see it as a total joke.

05-05-10 12:57 PM
    Write a book(see above) not 'booone' lol.wtf.

05-05-10 01:01 PM
    Again, I don't know if this qualifies, but this is the only song I've ever heard from Todd Rundgren.

Todd Rundgren .. what a space shot he was.. can we lump him with

Werewolves Of London by Warren Zevon <-- Hopefully PK isn't wearing his Warren Zevon concert Tee today .. Just kidding PK
    05-05-10 01:06 PM

Totally counts! Interesting side note about Rundgren, you all know the actress Liv Tyler, Steven Tyler's Daughter (of Areosmith), but what you may NOT know is that she grew up, thinking Todd Rundgren was her father, until she was about 15. Her mom was a tour rat, groupie, and slept with multiple musicians.

New Song.... Pat Travers "Out Go the Lights"

05-05-10 01:06 PM
131 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD