Anybody remember. Billy thorpe. Children of the Sun

Sorry I agree with amazing. Hall & Oats. Wham and Adam Ant sold more than one album

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 08:12 PM
    Anybody remember. Billy thorpe. Children of the Sun
    Sorry I agree with amazing. Hall & Oats. Wham and Adam Ant sold more than one album

ohhhh yes. I used to listen to this and Fantasy by Aldo Nova back to back all the time (I had recorded them from vinyl to a cassette )
    05-04-10 08:29 PM
    Desmond Dekker & the Aces "The Isrealites"

05-04-10 09:49 PM
    ohhhh yes. I used to listen to this and Fantasy by Aldo Nova back to back all the time (I had recorded them from vinyl to a cassette )

WOW Aldo Nova ... great One hit Wonder .. I forgot about "Fantasy" I'll have to check Itunes for that one.

Would Asia Heat of the Moment be a "one hit wonder" I can't think of anything else they did
    05-04-10 09:50 PM
    Desmond Dekker & the Aces "The Isrealites"

PK .... you totally have me stumped on that one.. and I thought I knew music....I'll Youtube it

Thanks
    05-04-10 09:51 PM
    Not sure if this counts, but I don't think Nena had any other hits in the US.

Does the english version count as a 2nd hit....

05-04-10 09:53 PM

Nena ..was hot
    Attachment 61290
    05-04-10 10:08 PM
    WOW Aldo Nova ... great One hit Wonder .. I forgot about "Fantasy" I'll have to check Itunes for that one.

Would Asia Heat of the Moment be a "one hit wonder" I can't think of anything else they did
    I was in grade school when Asia was big. Only Time Will Tell and Dont Cry are two others I remember. Oh and The Smile Has Left Your Eyes. Great band.

I also *think* this may be one hit, but I could be wrong....but one of my faves: Jay Ferguson..Shakedown Cruise.

nevermind....he did Thunder Island too
    Last edited by Mavis Fesselmeyer; 05-04-10 at 10:16 PM.
    05-04-10 10:13 PM
    How about Rupert Holmes Escape Song (The Pi�a Colada Song)

Thunder Island ... I always wrongly thought Elton John did that .. thanks
    05-04-10 10:19 PM
    Great thread.

Skee-Lo - "I Wish". = not my normal musical taste but a fun tune.

05-04-10 10:23 PM
    I was in grade school when Asia was big. Only Time Will Tell and Dont Cry are two others I remember. Oh and The Smile Has Left Your Eyes. Great band.

I also *think* this may be one hit, but I could be wrong....but one of my faves: Jay Ferguson..Shakedown Cruise.

nevermind....he did Thunder Island too
    Asia, was NOT a one hit wonder, they had several hits and they were the combination of guys from several supergroups, including, Yes, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, King Crimson and others. They were a supergroup. I saw them in concert several times, plus I saw the parent groups too, as Yes was one of my all time favorite bands, plus I'm a huge Crimson fan. Do NOT call Asia a one hit wonder in my presence.
    05-04-10 10:48 PM
    In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly (define 'hit')

and part 2

Rock Me Amadeus by Falco

My personal fav: Go for Soda by Kim Mitchell (again define 'hit' for the other reason)
    Last edited by Mr_4by4; 05-04-10 at 11:06 PM.
    05-04-10 10:49 PM
    Ok while this guy is NOT a one hit wonder, his band sorta is, as most of his success came solo, post Boom Town Rats......

05-04-10 10:51 PM
    Asia, was NOT a one hit wonder, they had several hits and they were the combination of guys from several supergroups, including, Yes, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, King Crimson and others. They were a supergroup. I saw them in concert several times, plus I saw the parent groups too, as Yes was one of my all time favorite bands, plus I'm a huge Crimson fan. Do NOT call Asia a one hit wonder in my presence.
    *whispers*

I didnt

breathe in, exhale slowwwwly
    05-04-10 10:52 PM
    Mungo Jerry "In The Summertime"

The Tokens "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

05-04-10 11:00 PM
    I can't find a video for this but Loey Nelson - "Only The Shadow Knows" (man she
    was an awesome singer)
    05-04-10 11:21 PM
    Milkshake -Kelis
    I just listened to it.
    05-05-10 12:18 AM
    The proclaimers, I'm gonna be (500 miles)

05-05-10 03:44 AM
    Here are some of them...

Napolean XIV - They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Ha

Coven
    - One Tin Soldier (The Legend of Billy Jack)
    Hot Butter - Popcorn
    T. Rex - Bang A Gong (Get It On)
    Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
    Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
    Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
    Wild Cherry - Play that Funky Music
    David Soul - Don't give up on us
    Steve Martin - King Tut
    The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star
    The Knack - My Sharona

Gary Numan - Cars
    The Vapors - Turning Japanese
    Devo - Whip It
    Buckner and Garcia - Pac-Man Fever
    Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio
    Peter Schilling - Major Tom
    Elmo & Patsy - Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
    Joe Dolce - Shaddup you face

Eifel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)
    Baha Men - Who Let The Dogs Out?
    A great list.
    05-05-10 06:45 AM

It always killed me that luft means air in german, but the english title was red.
    05-05-10 06:46 AM
    For anyone still looking:

One Hit Wonder Central - one hit wonders music of the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's

Here's a one hit wonder album: Get the Knack by The Knack.
    05-05-10 06:48 AM
    How about a Great Kick Arse Band

Living Colour "Cult of Personality"

05-05-10 07:41 AM
    Ah but Living Colour had a few other successful songs that I liked. Most notably, "Open Letter to a Landlord". This song made it to 82 on the Hot 100 Billboard chart and to number 11 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart.

Besides this point, I just don't see LC as a one-hit wonder anything. They just never did see widespread acceptance. Heck, I even saw them when they opened for the Stones on the Steel Wheels Tour at Foxboro Stadium a long time ago.
    05-05-10 08:57 AM
    @ Triple F, Hall & Oates, Milli Vanilli, Adam & The Ants and Wham were not 1 hit
    wonders by any stretch.
    i totally agree. Hall & oates alone had more #1 hits than them all combined- they should never be considered a one hit wonder.

They were in my book.
    there's no fixing stupid.

Nena ..was hot
    Attachment 61290
    i thought so too til in one of the videos (either the german version or the english one) where she raised her arms up and POOF there was underarm hair...immediate turn-off!

how about Blind Melon "no rain"
    05-05-10 09:25 AM
    Can you tell I really love this thread???? Anyways earlier I reamed out Mavis for saying (or almost saying) Asia was a one hit wonder, BUT Geoff Downes, from Asia, and his Yes (he joined Yes for the Drama Album) bandmate Trever Horn were part of a little band called the Buggles that are a pretty famous one hit wonder. Their "hit" "Video Killed the Radio Star" was THE first video ever on MTV.

And another hit on MTV was Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me with Science"

This is more of a no hit wonder, but this song is great and did get good air play, Nada Surf's Popular....

05-05-10 10:47 AM
131 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD