ok this is seriously starting to annoy me! I LOVE my playbook. It is not a requirement to have PIM and email, but seriously can you people that want the email, just shut up for a change. It will come, maybe in your prissy world, you get what you want when you want, but not in the business world!

So the supposed time frame of 60 days is about ready to expire looking at it from a business day perspective. You guys seem to think they are just sitting on the code going F U to everyone. I know for a fact that the coders are working around the clock to make sure all the code works with every aspect of the Playbook.

So how about all negative ninnies shut up, and wait for it to come. Because it will come, its just a matter of time. So stop the whining and wait.

Good things happen and come to those that wait!
    07-13-11 10:09 AM
    You know what guys, i know this is flame bait, but how many people understand that the coders are the ones controlling everything and not Basille or anyone else. The code needs to be top notch and work with everything. I've read the rant posts from both my side and the whiners side, and no one talks about the programmers. its always on the CEO's. They don't sit and write the code and compile. They are just the face of the company.
    07-13-11 10:20 AM
    At first I thought the whiners were just over reacting.... however.... it has been 3 months and the updates thus far have been inconsequential. The PB is a great web device....but it is not "professional grade"...at least the software isn't. I don't even need native email and PIM.... I need "send to", cut and paste in bridge mail and better Adobe and Docs to Go.... not to mention autocorrect....
    kbz1960, scorpiodsu and howarmat like this.
    07-13-11 10:26 AM
    You know what guys, i know this is flame bait, but how many people understand that the coders are the ones controlling everything and not Basille or anyone else. The code needs to be top notch and work with everything. I've read the rant posts from both my side and the whiners side, and no one talks about the programmers. its always on the CEO's. They don't sit and write the code and compile. They are just the face of the company.
    Got to disagree with you there. While your right coders are the one that control the actual work going on, from a company stand point they have to follow the road map set by top management and update them accordingly. If their coders are not able to get the job done, management hired bad employees.
    bb-bandit and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-13-11 10:27 AM
    You know what guys, i know this is flame bait, but how many people understand that the coders are the ones controlling everything and not Basille or anyone else. . .
    Of course. Do you understand that Balsillie is the one controlling what comes out of Balsillie's mouth? He went and poured gasoline on a fire that was almost extinguished. Now it is burning hotter than before. Also, Berryreview is reporting that email is now delayed beyond summer. You're not concerned by any of this?
    07-13-11 10:28 AM
    Got to disagree with you there. While your right coders are the one that control the actual work going on, from a company stand point they have to follow the road map set by top management and update them accordingly. If their coders are not able to get the job done, management hired bad employees.
    fair assessment, but when you're working around the clock and the app "works" but then you find that it doesn't work with another program, you have to go through lines and lines of code to find the error.

I know for a fact they have a road map as well, and strict guidelines and policies but sometimes it just takes a lot longer to find the problem and work it out so it works completely.
    07-13-11 10:30 AM
    Of course. Do you understand that Balsillie is the one controlling what comes out of Balsillie's mouth? He went and poured gasoline on a fire that was almost extinguished. Now it is burning hotter than before. Also, Berryreview is reporting that email is now delayed beyond summer. You're not concerned by any of this?
    I really don't care if "native" email is delayed forever... my Bridge mail works great. However, I wish that they would add the "professional grade" features such as cut and paste within Bridge mail, "send to" within the browser and picture apps, autocorrect and improve Adobe and Docs to Go features. Adding some multitasking within the browser would be nice and the ability to arrange bookmarks.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-13-11 10:33 AM
    I could care less about email or PIM. I know people personally who work in waterloo at RIM and one of them being my gf's brother. He is a programmer but for the phone side of things, and he said the email will come to the PB but kinks need to be worked out. That's all he could say and I accept that, because if there are programming problems, I would rather something be delayed and work rather than rushed out and mess something up with another program.
    wing2299 likes this.
    07-13-11 10:33 AM
    fair assessment, but when you're working around the clock and the app "works" but then you find that it doesn't work with another program, you have to go through lines and lines of code to find the error.

I know for a fact they have a road map as well, and strict guidelines and policies but sometimes it just takes a lot longer to find the problem and work it out so it works completely.
    We agree on a lot because I understand your point on coding and error troubleshooting.

If goals are not being met and RIM is denying stuff, it truly makes me think their is a breakdown in inter-company communication. This is just an outside observers opinion but it looks very similar to things I have seen with other companies.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-13-11 10:41 AM
    ok this is seriously starting to annoy me! I LOVE my playbook. It is not a requirement to have PIM and email, but seriously can you people that want the email, just shut up for a change. It will come, maybe in your prissy world, you get what you want when you want, but not in the business world!

So the supposed time frame of 60 days is about ready to expire looking at it from a business day perspective. You guys seem to think they are just sitting on the code going F U to everyone. I know for a fact that the coders are working around the clock to make sure all the code works with every aspect of the Playbook.

So how about all negative ninnies shut up, and wait for it to come. Because it will come, its just a matter of time. So stop the whining and wait.

Good things happen and come to those that wait!
    Name calling and insulting folks with such a wide brush is not needed.

Complaint lodged with CB..

Tim
    CousinIT likes this.
    07-13-11 10:43 AM
    OP, you keep saying you "know for a fact". What are these facts your basing your posts on?
    basing it on the premise that I know a programmer inside of RIM (not on the playbook) but also common sense. You think that RIM is just sitting on the update and saying F U to everyone, and release when they want?
    07-13-11 10:44 AM
    There probably wouldn't be any whining if RIM didn't repeatedly give the whiners(a group which I, admittedly, am a part of in some threads) ammo. The fact that they are pretty much leaving current PlayBook owners in the dark in terms of where they're headed with device doesn't help.
    07-13-11 11:01 AM
    I can see email might be complex - avoiding conflicts. duplicates and what-have-you.

As has been mentioned - autocorrect since placing the darn cursor ain't that easy. Rename/organize bookmarks. Have you tried sending your most recent photo via email? Search through long lists of photos. Why can't I copy/paste a cell/block in Sheets? Zoom in email? (or is this another security feature - if I can't read it, no one can?). How hard to allow a portrait photo to show in portrait mode. Yup, small little irks or quirks. Much less than native email or pims. So FIX THEM.

As I just wrote - the whining will soon stop if no one gives a damn about the pb platform. Yes, in 3 measly months I expected autocorrect. Or have their 3 programmers been assigned only native email? My patience is tested by those of you who keep saying "it will come" when it should have been here. And each time someone tells me that I should not whine, I will whine again. And, yes, unfortunately, if we do whine, the death of the pb could be a self-fulfilling prophesy. So fix things - SOON.
    Last edited by F2; 07-13-11 at 12:02 PM.
    kirson likes this.
    07-13-11 12:00 PM
    I'm tired of "whiners" and even becoming one (from time to time)... but I'm more tired of "pretenders" i.e. pretending there is nothing wrong or lacking with the playbook when even themselves are waiting and looking forward for some "promises"... again, I believe there is nothing wrong in expressing your disappointment (especially if you have valid reasons) while still hoping and waiting...
    scorpiodsu and CousinIT like this.
    07-13-11 01:04 PM
    So in your mind OP then these forums should just be a circlejerk for playbook owners? I can see it now:

"I personally love the lag with bridge it really complements the lag in other parts of the playbook"

"Do you guys like not having an NDK as much as I do? I really appreciate that RIM didn't have that from day 1"

"I for one never make a spelling or typing mistakes so I don't need autocorrect. Why would anyone need autocorrect unless they are a complete *****? Silly iSheep"

"Guys, its day 75 without native email yet! This is such a fantastic day to be a playbook owner! Keep that garbage off my device even longer RIM!"
    scorpiodsu and fabfreddie like this.
    07-13-11 01:33 PM
    So in your mind OP then these forums should just be a circlejerk for playbook owners? I can see it now:

"I personally love the lag with bridge it really complements the lag in other parts of the playbook"

"Do you guys like not having an NDK as much as I do? I really appreciate that RIM didn't have that from day 1"

"I for one never make a spelling or typing mistakes so I don't need autocorrect. Why would anyone need autocorrect unless they are a complete *****? Silly iSheep"

"Guys, its day 75 without native email yet! This is such a fantastic day to be a playbook owner! Keep that garbage off my device even longer RIM!"
    The Bridge has nothing to do with the Updates... so SMS/MMS and lag is a separate thing all together.

Ya it sucks not having the NDK out with apps at our disposal that are better than the apps out now.

I do spell well, so autocorrect is not an issue for me, and Never put me in the "I" category as I despise all things Apple

and I could give a rats *** about email and PIM. everything I need is on my phone via the bridge. Best security if I lost my playbook.
    07-13-11 01:39 PM
    I'm tired of "whiners" and even becoming one (from time to time)... but I'm more tired of "pretenders" i.e. pretending there is nothing wrong or lacking with the playbook when even themselves are waiting and looking forward for some "promises"... again, I believe there is nothing wrong in expressing your disappointment (especially if you have valid reasons) while still hoping and waiting...
    I don't think it's about pretending nothing is wrong or missing on the PlayBook. The issue is people whining about a missing feature and acting like it was a must have feature. Well, if it was a must have feature why would you buy it or keep it? Oh, because the CEO said blah, blah, blah. Sorry, that's just an excuse for some people to try and justify why they didn't return something that wasn't usable to them. We've seen many other threads where people said "sorry, the PB doesn't do what I thought it would or has too many problems so I returned it." Why can't people just take a little personal responsibility and admit they F'd up and should have returned the device when they had a chance if a missing feature was so important to them?
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    07-13-11 01:51 PM
    I don't think it's about pretending nothing is wrong or missing on the PlayBook. The issue is people whining about a missing feature and acting like it was a must have feature. Well, if it was a must have feature why would you buy it or keep it? Oh, because the CEO said blah, blah, blah. Sorry, that's just an excuse for some people to try and justify why they didn't return something that wasn't usable to them. We've seen many other threads where people said "sorry, the PB doesn't do what I thought it would or has too many problems so I returned it." Why can't people just take a little personal responsibility and admit they F'd up and should have returned the device when they had a chance if a missing feature was so important to them?
    I see your point, and I do agree, but people rather hold out and "wait" but while in the midst of waiting, they wanna moan and groan that its missing this, and missing that and bla bla bla.
    bAAx and Thachoc1 like this.
    07-13-11 01:55 PM
    The truth is there are a lot of loyal BlackBerry users who are currently very disappointed and frustrated with RIM. And rightly so! Posting in these forums is a way of venting that frustration, and anyone who doesn't want to read such posts/threads is not obligated to.

RIM is in a downward spiral, and failing in just about every sector of their business. Fact, not fantasy.

Those BB loyalists who are still in denial need to wake up and smell the coffee!
    CousinIT and fabfreddie like this.
    07-13-11 02:00 PM
    I love how you guys are trying to gang up on me and make a case against me, but in actualality, you guys don't seem to like when people speak their mind about the state of the web forums here.

For the longest time, Law dude thought it was RIM that was screwing him over with the bridge when it was concluded that his IT dept didn't have the policies set properly and he ranted and raved for like 2 weeks how its ATT's/Rim's fault but it was a human error on his end.

Sure the bridge isn't perfect, but its not part of the Playbook update! Sure updates seem to coincide with PB updates, but how many times do we need to hear about PIM/Email and bloody SMS/MMS threads of people saying they need this they need that. Get over it, it doesn't have it right now, and as was stated, wait and stop whining or get off the PB train and come back in 6-12months when the updates have come out. We are essentially Beta Testers right now, and I am fine with that
    Thachoc1 and Jake2826 like this.
    07-13-11 02:03 PM
    basing it on the premise that I know a programmer inside of RIM (not on the playbook) but also common sense. You think that RIM is just sitting on the update and saying F U to everyone, and release when they want?
    Common sense isn't fact. And I'm not saying I think anything, I was merely asking a question, so please don't put words in my mouth. I was just curious as to if you were actually informed about something the masses didn't know of.
    07-13-11 02:24 PM
    Common sense isn't fact. And I'm not saying I think anything, I was merely asking a question, so please don't put words in my mouth. I was just curious as to if you were actually informed about something the masses didn't know of.
    No, the only source I have is my gf's brother who is a programmer for OS7 on the phone side of things, but delays on OS7 have been programming issues and I would put all the marbles in the basket to say there is programming issues on the PB side of things, why else would they hold back?
    07-13-11 02:30 PM
    BIG TIME TIRED! So much that I'm staying away from this God awful unpleasant place for a while...got far too overheated by whiners yesterday with the same old native IM stuff and playbook sucks compared to other pads stuff ....I will come back when the mods decide to control this place so I don't have to get out of control trying to control it. This should be a positive friendly constructive place and everytime I come in for some simple knowledge sharing, I just get upset at whiners and complainers and RIM and PLaybook bashers and other device fans that I forget why I even came in and end up ruining and wasting my day being pissed not just at the people but at the mods who can't limit the discussion to useful topics..

I WAS of the opinion that this is a "PLAYBOOK FORUM" (not sure where I got that idea) a friendly place for sharing knowledge of playbook. Period.

It is not a whine fest, it is not a RIM bashing or CEO bashing fest it is CrackBERRY, not CrackPad or iDroid. There is Android central and other places for playbook haters to hang out. there are places to discuss RIM politics etc. We don't generally go troll their forums and hate Steve Jobs, his stupid pads or Google do we? Why? because WE DONT CARE!

Until this place is controlled I am out...just speaking for myself, of course those who don't agree - go ahead and hang out here all day....being useless and wasting time - I've had enough (for now anyway)

I will be back after the babies get their native PIM bottle.

Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-13-11 at 03:04 PM.
    biggulpseh, howarmat and Jake2826 like this.
    07-13-11 02:32 PM
    How about this... The updates will come when they come. If you bought the PlayBook and have waited a couple of months for email and calendar, then you obviously have no problem waiting another while longer to get it. If you absolutely need email and calendar on your PlayBook, then you shouldn't have bought one in the first place and should have waited until it was ready. I have no sympathy to any of the whiners.
    07-13-11 02:41 PM
    ...but in actualality, you guys don't seem to like when people speak their mind about the state of the web forums here.
    Ironic, because you don't seem to like it when people speak their mind about the state of their dissatisfaction with the PlayBook.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-13-11 03:03 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD