I'll **** and moan on this forum until RIM serves up what was promised. Simple as that. Put me in the camp that feels PB has a TON of potential. Unfortunately, a wise man once said potential means you ain't done $hit yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    fabfreddie likes this.
    07-13-11 03:15 PM
    Ironic, because you don't seem to like it when people speak their mind about the state of their dissatisfaction with the PlayBook.
    When its the same damn thing from the same damn people ya I dont like it. In every thread, there are 2-4 posters I can guarantee pipe up about email and PIM. For F sakes, we know it doesn't have email or PIM and then you get the people who think the OS update will have new bridge features when the bridge is a separate thing as well and they complain there is no SMS/MMS.

We all get it, RIM has left a sour taste in a bunch of peoples mouths, I do understand that, but whining on a web forum about RIM isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Write to RIM themselves. I have a seen a few members actually be positive and pro active and email RIM what they think and sure they may or may get a response back, but it will lead to more and more Customer service reps reading these things, and it will push RIM to communicate better.

But whining to the same people on here about their displeasure of lack of updates or native apps, gets them nowhere really fast. At least this thread is about targetting those people
    07-13-11 03:16 PM
    I'll **** and moan on this forum until RIM serves up what was promised. Simple as that. Put me in the camp that feels PB has a TON of potential. Unfortunately, a wise man once said potential means you ain't done $hit yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    instead of posting your whiny crap here, be constructive and contact RIM and WAIT
    07-13-11 03:16 PM
    BIG TIME TIRED! So much that I'm staying away from this God awful unpleasant place for a while...got far too overheated by whiners yesterday with the same old native IM stuff and playbook sucks compared to other pads stuff ....I will come back when the mods decide to control this place so I don't have to get out of control trying to control it. This should be a positive friendly constructive place and everytime I come in for some simple knowledge sharing, I just get upset at whiners and complainers and RIM and PLaybook bashers and other device fans that I forget why I even came in and end up ruining and wasting my day being pissed not just at the people but at the mods who can't limit the discussion to useful topics..

I WAS of the opinion that this is a "PLAYBOOK FORUM" (not sure where I got that idea) a friendly place for sharing knowledge of playbook. Period.

It is not a whine fest, it is not a RIM bashing or CEO bashing fest it is CrackBERRY, not CrackPad or iDroid. There is Android central and other places for playbook haters to hang out. there are places to discuss RIM politics etc. We don't generally go troll their forums and hate Steve Jobs, his stupid pads or Google do we? Why? because WE DONT CARE!

Until this place is controlled I am out...just speaking for myself, of course those who don't agree - go ahead and hang out here all day....being useless and wasting time - I've had enough (for now anyway)

I will be back after the babies get their native PIM bottle.

I agree on your point about friendly and constructive place..
    But to blame the mods, I have to disagree..
    I don't know in CB forum, but most forums got moderator selected from the active/senior member, and they aren't get paid for it.. They do it for the community..

So for all of us who really are grown-up person, why don't we chill about all of this.
    Let's take a moment to sit back and relax... turn on the bluetooth on that BB of yours, and get it bridged to PB.. Have fun on the internet..

Already have fun? Ok, now let's talk about the 'future' in here..
    Look forward about 6 or 12 months from now, and we ALL could be laughing at all of this.. By that time then, we should've get all what RIM has promised us.. and even more!

Enough said, let's also stick to the basic rules of ALL forum:
    1. Search first whether things that you want to ask is already asked by others
    2. Don't feed the trolls
    3. Respect others, and you will also respected. Remember, there is always a human being behind those computer.. (or tablet, smartphone, etc)
    4. Use logic in argument and not emotional about little things.
    5. Help the mod by reporting threads/users that are spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
    6. ??

I believe most of you are more experienced than me on the internet, so I guess you know all the rules..

Hope I said these things right
    pkcable and Michelle Haag like this.
    07-13-11 03:19 PM
    When its the same damn thing from the same damn people ya I dont like it. In every thread, there are 2-4 posters I can guarantee pipe up about email and PIM. For F sakes, we know it doesn't have email or PIM and then you get the people who think the OS update will have new bridge features when the bridge is a separate thing as well and they complain there is no SMS/MMS.

We all get it, RIM has left a sour taste in a bunch of peoples mouths, I do understand that, but whining on a web forum about RIM isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Write to RIM themselves. I have a seen a few members actually be positive and pro active and email RIM what they think and sure they may or may get a response back, but it will lead to more and more Customer service reps reading these things, and it will push RIM to communicate better.

But whining to the same people on here about their displeasure of lack of updates or native apps, gets them nowhere really fast. At least this thread is about targetting those people
    I don't disagree, but please understand that I think there are MANY people like me sitting it out for now until the PB gets up to speed. I am dying to buy one but won't do so in its current state. RIM is not believable as to promises and timelines so until I read about it actually happening here (apps/native email/PIM/SMS/GPS).

If RIM could get over these hurdles I suspect sales would get back on track which in turn might generate some app developer interest and momentum. Right now RIM is just running around putting out fires and spinning its wheels, it really needs to get some traction soon and I don't think the co-CEO's are going to get it done. I hope they do and will buy one as soon as it gets some of these improvements, but I am not going to buy a PB based on its promised, but yet so far undelivered, potential. Its just so frustrating....
    07-13-11 03:24 PM
    instead of posting your whiny crap here, be constructive and contact RIM and WAIT
    I'll pass. I'm done with that. I've e-mailed, called, and been served up with platitude after platitude about what's "coming soon." My bitterness towards RIM and my PB are not because of the lack of apps per se, it is their inability to implement what should be routine technology at this point (e.g. autocorrect, native e-mail, etc.).
    07-13-11 03:27 PM
    Ironic, because you don't seem to like it when people speak their mind about the state of their dissatisfaction with the PlayBook.
    Glad someone else saw the hypocrisy in this entire post.
    07-13-11 03:29 PM
    BIG TIME TIRED! So much that I'm staying away from this God awful unpleasant place for a while...got far too overheated by whiners yesterday with the same old native IM stuff and playbook sucks compared to other pads stuff ....I will come back when the mods decide to control this place so I don't have to get out of control trying to control it. This should be a positive friendly constructive place and everytime I come in for some simple knowledge sharing, I just get upset at whiners and complainers and RIM and PLaybook bashers and other device fans that I forget why I even came in and end up ruining and wasting my day being pissed not just at the people but at the mods who can't limit the discussion to useful topics..

I WAS of the opinion that this is a "PLAYBOOK FORUM" (not sure where I got that idea) a friendly place for sharing knowledge of playbook. Period.

It is not a whine fest, it is not a RIM bashing or CEO bashing fest it is CrackBERRY, not CrackPad or iDroid. There is Android central and other places for playbook haters to hang out. there are places to discuss RIM politics etc. We don't generally go troll their forums and hate Steve Jobs, his stupid pads or Google do we? Why? because WE DONT CARE!

Until this place is controlled I am out...just speaking for myself, of course those who don't agree - go ahead and hang out here all day....being useless and wasting time - I've had enough (for now anyway)

I will be back after the babies get their native PIM bottle.

I agree but I ain't leaving. LOL!!! After you sift through the riff raff, Crackberry is still an outstanding place. Millions of people have been helped here in some way shape or form. I get every bit of consumer knowledge from this place. It truly is a wonderful online community. Although I'm with every other person that's tired of all the endless whining. My thread was closed and I assume this one will face the same fate. Don't call it a coincidence, but here is another thread in the recent weeks, where we are just plain http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post6468095
    07-13-11 04:25 PM
    The whiners around here are like gnats, you can't get away from them. They're in every thread you click on!!!! So to say oh, don't read it, just skip over it, its ridiculous that we should have to do that. And believe me, I know for a fact that I skip over it often!!!
    Jake2826 likes this.
    07-13-11 04:37 PM
    Im with the OP. Shut the **** up. A native email app will do nothing more than clicking the damned hotlink. If you have a wifi playbook you will not get BIS and you will not get push. If RIM makes a native app all it will do is query yoir imbox at regular intervals to check for new mail. This will reduce battery life. Please. Shut up and stop driving around our forums in your honey wagon. We are TIRED of having to sort through the **** just to find a good thread to help someone with a REAL problem.
    Last edited by Philldoe; 07-13-11 at 05:19 PM.
    ericlc2 and Jake2826 like this.
    07-13-11 05:07 PM
    Im with the OP. Shut the **** up. A native email app will do nothing more than clicking the damned hotlink. If you have a wifi playbook you will not get BIS and you will not get push. If RIM makes a native app all it will do is query yoir imbox at regular intervals to check for new mail. This will reduce battery life. Please. Shut up and stop driving around our forums in your honey wagon. We are TIRED of having to sort through the **** just to find a good thread to help someone with a REAL problem.
    FINALLY! someone who can help me with some issues ive been having!

1. how do I delete unwanted icons off the home screen?
    2. how do I re-arrange bookmarks within the browser?
    3. how do I stop the backlight timeout when watching vids in the browser?
    4. what do I have to listen to a streaming flash player in one tab while browsing with another?
    5. how do I make bookmarks in the pdf viewer?

Thanks for you help kind sir!
    07-13-11 05:47 PM

You make me lol.

We control what we can, at the risk of being called nazis no less.

I don't recall anyone asking you to take on "controlling" the forums, nor have you done what the MODS have asked over and over, as well as your fellow CB members: USE THE REPORT BUTTON AND REFRAIN FROM ENGAGING IN CONFLICTS. The mods aren't all seeing and all knowing... that's why we ask that posts be reported. We are real people, with actual lives too, go figure.

Stop engaging in the conversations that you are so "overheated" about. If you didn't give them fuel, the fire would burn out. #truestory
    07-13-11 05:53 PM
    FINALLY! someone who can help me with some issues ive been having!

1. how do I delete unwanted icons off the home screen?
    2. how do I re-arrange bookmarks within the browser?
    3. how do I stop the backlight timeout when watching vids in the browser?
    4. what do I have to listen to a streaming flash player in one tab while browsing with another?
    5. how do I make bookmarks in the pdf viewer?

Thanks for you help kind sir!
    1. Hold your finger on the icon for about 2-3 seconds. your icons will puls and there will be a trashbin icon pop up under them to delete them. If it is a core app then the next time you restart your PB you'll have an update notice.. it'll re-add the icons sadly..

2. I.. honestly don't know, but will try to find out.

3. As of now you must use an app that loads the page. StayLit is my choice, you can find the .bar file on CB and sideload it. The app is .99 on appworld and the unupdated(I think it's un-updated) one is here >> http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...49/index3.html You can learn to sideload here >>> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...indows-619796/

4. See #3 Though I'm sure in time RIM will get an update out that will allow this...I hope

5. I don't know, I've not spent a whole lot of time with the .pdf reader.

I hope I've been somewhat helpful
    Last edited by Philldoe; 07-13-11 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Error correction
    07-13-11 07:32 PM
    If you have a wifi playbook you will not get BIS and you will not get push.
    Why? My iPad is WiFi only and it has push. Works just fine, and there is no reason RIM can't do the same for the WiFi only PlayBook.
    07-14-11 10:48 AM
    all RIMS needs to do is allow activesync and boom, great push email/calender/contact support. that would be to easy and take away from RIMs bread and butter BIS though
    07-14-11 10:54 AM
    <annoyed>
    Almost 50% of the thread above has been deleted to remove spammed pictures of cats, troll bait, insults, and other off-topic marginal trash.

Cut out the petty bickering before someone gets a free pass for a weekend off the forums. Mods have better things to do with their time than cleaning up after a bunch of schoolyard wannabees.
    </annoyed>
    pkcable likes this.
    07-14-11 02:10 PM
    <annoyed>
    Almost 50% of the thread above has been deleted to remove spammed pictures of cats, troll bait, insults, and other off-topic marginal trash.

Cut out the petty bickering before someone gets a free pass for a weekend off the forums. Mods have better things to do with their time than cleaning up after a bunch of schoolyard wannabees.
    </annoyed>
    Awww sorry, I just posted the cute pic of the kitty because someone mentioned it was better then posting pics of cats. Wasn't spamming in anyway or didn't think I was anyway.
    07-14-11 06:32 PM
    Why? My iPad is WiFi only and it has push. Works just fine, and there is no reason RIM can't do the same for the WiFi only PlayBook.
    Oi.. if you would simply have looked in to what push really is and how it works you would understand.
    07-15-11 11:03 AM
    I have used BlackBerry products for years, and have also used Apple products for years. But hey, please enlighten me as to what I'm missing.
    07-15-11 11:06 AM
    push works just the same on ios and android using activesync. you are missing anything. The other poster doesnt understand the concept though
    07-15-11 11:22 AM
    Oh, I know. I was just hoping that Philldoe would try and explain to me how I got it wrong.
    07-15-11 11:48 AM
    Awww sorry, I just posted the cute pic of the kitty because someone mentioned it was better then posting pics of cats. Wasn't spamming in anyway or didn't think I was anyway.
    OK, apology accepted.

My online life goes back to the days of NNTP newsgroups, before HTML could do much more than simple pages and web forums were undreamed. Way back... repeated pointless one liners, wall of text, and irrelevant pictures were the favoured attack of the troll. With slow systems it disrupted disussion and made the topic so frustrating to read, it killed the thread. We considered it to be spam back then and I still have an irresistable urge to treat it as spam now.
    07-16-11 07:53 AM
    Point taken, can we still have fun though? That's all I was doing, sorry if it wasn't fun for others.
    07-16-11 09:53 AM
    You make me lol.

We control what we can, at the risk of being called nazis no less.

I don't recall anyone asking you to take on "controlling" the forums, nor have you done what the MODS have asked over and over, as well as your fellow CB members: USE THE REPORT BUTTON AND REFRAIN FROM ENGAGING IN CONFLICTS. The mods aren't all seeing and all knowing... that's why we ask that posts be reported. We are real people, with actual lives too, go figure.

Stop engaging in the conversations that you are so "overheated" about. If you didn't give them fuel, the fire would burn out. #truestory
    <annoyed>

</annoyed>
    While I respect Michelle, and her opinion, I want to point out the difference in mod policies here. Had Michelle controlled this while it was hot, branta would not have had to do this cleanup work. No offense Michelle, I understand it is a tough job and you have better things to do (although I envy your job and you DID apparently sign up for it.. )

That is why this stuff has to be nipped in the bud. The gyst of the threads is in the OP's topic. Please close them immediately if they are obviously taunting, bashing or inflammatory, and obviously will to lead to this flaming, thus forcing the OP to rephrase the thread topic in a more positive constructive way. . you will save yourself and other mods a lot of work and us a lot of grief.

I see that just today one by falcolneight (saying he sold the playbook for an ipad for the sole purpose of his usual playbook bashing) ...was handled in just this way, the thread was closed immediately and he was banned and I applaud the mods for it.

I was not at all aware of the "report" button until you mentioned it. Where was I supposed to learn what an unidentified icon does? The symbol actually means "warning" in international iconspeak, not "report".

I realize that nobody "asked" me to control the forum, I attempt to do it because these people annoy the heck out of me, it is out of control and nobody else is controlling it (Other than branta, apparently) thank you. There was a post about troll control by Kevin Michaluk some time back -

If I don't give the trolls fuel, someone else will and they will continue to taunt until they get the reaction they want. This is a job for mods, we should not be required to filter out this stuff, as it is indeed like gnats in every thread. there is no way to just avoid reading them if we want to find anything useful because it is everywhere! It has to be read before determining if it should be read or not!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-16-11 at 08:25 PM.
    07-16-11 08:19 PM
    While I respect Michelle, and her opinion, I want to point out the difference in mod policies here. Had Michelle controlled this while it was hot, branta would not have had to do this cleanup work. No offense Michelle, I understand it is a tough job and you have better things to do (although I envy your job and you DID apparently sign up for it.. )

That is why this stuff has to be nipped in the bud. The gyst of the threads is in the OP's topic. Please close them immediately if they are obviously taunting, bashing or inflammatory, and obviously will to lead to this flaming, thus forcing the OP to rephrase the thread topic in a more positive constructive way. . you will save yourself and other mods a lot of work and us a lot of grief.

I see that just today one by falcolneight (saying he sold the playbook for an ipad for the sole purpose of his usual playbook bashing) ...was handled in just this way, the thread was closed immediately and he was banned and I applaud the mods for it.

I was not at all aware of the "report" button until you mentioned it. Where was I supposed to learn what an unidentified icon does? The symbol actually means "warning" in international iconspeak, not "report".

I realize that nobody "asked" me to control the forum, I attempt to do it because these people annoy the heck out of me, it is out of control and nobody else is controlling it (Other than branta, apparently) thank you. There was a post about troll control by Kevin Michaluk some time back -

If I don't give the trolls fuel, someone else will and they will continue to taunt until they get the reaction they want. This is a job for mods, we should not be required to filter out this stuff, as it is indeed like gnats in every thread. there is no way to just avoid reading them if we want to find anything useful because it is everywhere! It has to be read before determining if it should be read or not!
    really? so when the button says "report post" you couldn't figure out what that means?
    07-16-11 08:50 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD