DND review

I stood in line to get my copy of this book from the local bookstore fearing it might be sold out early. Hot chick on the cover, so far so good. Then I opened it and started reading.

To my chagrin it didn't start out well. I thought well at some point this has to get better. But guess what it doesn't! There's nothing at all about dex rolls, dps builds, searching for traps, sneak attacks, assassins, +4 daggers or anything!

All it is some woman whining about how everyone in her party wouldn't let her make any decisions, about how something called a Couric made her look like a complete ***** (I couldn't find it in the monster manual but, I'm guessing it must be like a Sphinx), and how her group leader McCain wouldn't let her be rogue enough.

Well, I don't even know where to start addressing this stuff. She doesn't even have any daggers! I mean, that's hardly the group leader's fault! She should have loaded out before the quest started!

Plus, on every single page she bemoans her 8 INT build and blames her horrible playing on everyone else! It's her fault for putting all her stat points into Charisma!

To sum up, this book is terrible. It's anti-rogue if anything. If you want a book on how not to be a rogue this has got to be the bible.

I'm going back to the store now to see if I can get my hard earned plat back for this awful drek.
    11-19-09 08:41 PM
    LOL, yeah i'm sure you really read it. Right.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 08:58 PM
    DND review

I stood in line to get my copy of this book from the local bookstore fearing it might be sold out early. Hot chick on the cover, so far so good. Then I opened it and started reading.

To my chagrin it didn't start out well. I thought well at some point this has to get better. But guess what it doesn't! There's nothing at all about dex rolls, dps builds, searching for traps, sneak attacks, assassins, +4 daggers or anything!

All it is some woman whining about how everyone in her party wouldn't let her make any decisions, about how something called a Couric made her look like a complete ***** (I couldn't find it in the monster manual but, I'm guessing it must be like a Sphinx), and how her group leader McCain wouldn't let her be rogue enough.

Well, I don't even know where to start addressing this stuff. She doesn't even have any daggers! I mean, that's hardly the group leader's fault! She should have loaded out before the quest started!

Plus, on every single page she bemoans her 8 INT build and blames her horrible playing on everyone else! It's her fault for putting all her stat points into Charisma!

To sum up, this book is terrible. It's anti-rogue if anything. If you want a book on how not to be a rogue this has got to be the bible.

I'm going back to the store now to see if I can get my hard earned plat back for this awful drek.
    Well I blame you-----she had nothing to say before she ran for VP, when she ran for VP and most certainly after she ran for VP. You should know better.....
    11-19-09 09:11 PM
    You sound so ignorant in this thread haha

11-19-09 09:22 PM
    Except I didn't write this so...

Wait...more importantly...why would I link another board if I wrote this?
    Last edited by Archangel00195; 11-19-09 at 10:10 PM.
    11-19-09 10:08 PM
    Except I didn't write this so...

Wait...more importantly...why would I link another board if I wrote this?
    More precisely they never read it....

11-19-09 10:48 PM
    More precisely they never read it....

You're clearly missing the point of this. Topic calls for nerds only.
    11-19-09 11:46 PM
    You're clearly missing the point of this. Topic calls for nerds only.
    Yeah you are right I did. I didn't bother to read the link I just posted quickly in response to your post sorry. I didn't get the jest I just assumed it was a one of the many "hit pieces" i've been forwarded on by friends about this. I'm kind of a nerd but not the comic/anime kind lol.

Last edited by strunke; 11-20-09 at 12:30 PM.
    11-20-09 12:27 PM
    Haha this is hilarious if your a fan of WOW, and actually know the title of her book.

Which is "Going Rogue"...
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 11-20-09 at 12:37 PM.
    11-20-09 12:32 PM
    I thought it was hilarious.
    11-20-09 12:36 PM
    Haha this is hilarious if your a fan of WOW, and actually know the title of her book.

Which is "Going Rogue"...
    I thought it was hilarious.
    XD gratz first two in the topic to get it.

where are your ribbons...

11-20-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD