To quote Peter Griffin,

What really grinds my gears is posters on here that just post to post. I'm not talking in the off topic forum or a social forum or whatever. I'm talking about in help related posts. I hate it when I answer a question, then someone (who obviously has read my post, since it's many minutes after I post that they post) goes and says the EXACT same thing...not necessarily word for word, but pretty gosh darn near it.

Or when people will post a smiley face....that's it, just a smiley face. Seriously? And these people get up to Crackberry Genius status...come on now!

Am I the only one that feels this way? Sorry, it was a long day at work and a long train ride home, so my final buttons just got pushed...
    07-09-08 08:17 PM
    Sometimes someone is typing a reply and it takes time to post it. It has happened to me where I think I have the answer but by the time I hit reply someone has already posted the same answer. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 09:04 PM
    I try not to let it bug me and I wouldn't mind so much if the person would at least give credit or acknowledgement.

But sometimes it seems that its more about upping their post count rather than sincerely helping someone out.

07-09-08 09:29 PM
    I don't get all the fuss about upping the post count. Who cares? I don't. Besides most of my posts are in the social users forum, in which I have loads of fun btw. Is it a status symbol?

07-09-08 09:34 PM
    Yeah. Some members see value in their post count. It used to kinda mean that you are a vet on the forum and seem to know stuff.

I can see your point about the delay in the reply posting delay. I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt. But sometimes its clear that my reply wasn't acknowledged.

Like I said. I try not to let it bug me. The OP of this thread brought it up and I didn't want him/her to think that he was the only one who notices it.

Its all good!

07-09-08 09:40 PM
    Like I said, it was a LONG day at work and a LONG train ride from the city home. Really, I was making more of a funny commentary, like Mr. Griffin does on Family Guy....and if people really value their post count, then let's just put the number of posts someone has instead of calling someone a Crackberry Genius or Crackberry Master.
    07-09-08 11:47 PM
    Well back on topic....
    What really grinds my gears is when people park and take up more than one spot. Or better yet do it on purpose and park across the lines as to say "check me out". Im sure we have all seen it and I have found a web site that acknowledges this issue.
    youparklikeanasshole
    07-10-08 12:14 AM
    . ...

07-10-08 03:24 AM
    hun you should see what people do on my other forums.... titles that are in a format like H3Y tH3R3!!~*~*~ and crap like that.... and then their post is like that as well....
    07-10-08 08:21 AM
    That's what's hot on the srteets. I keed! I don't get that trendy internet typing stuff. Seems like it takes longer to type that than normal.

07-10-08 11:19 AM
    That's what's hot on the srteets. I keed! I don't get that trendy internet typing stuff. Seems like it takes longer to type that than normal.

Now that "trendy internet typing stuff" has always annoyed the snap out of me; my Emails, SMS, whatever, always have everything spelled out, with proper attention to grammar, tense, and whatnot.

I used to be in a chatroom devoted to books; people would come in and ask "ne 1 rd scarrlet letr? i nd book rport" and then object when we would say, "could you translate that into English, please? and no, we won't do your book report." The response back would be some variation of "fu, ths isnt englsih class".
    07-10-08 11:48 AM
    To quote Peter Griffin,

What really grinds my gears is posters on here that just post to post. I'm not talking in the off topic forum or a social forum or whatever. I'm talking about in help related posts. I hate it when I answer a question, then someone (who obviously has read my post, since it's many minutes after I post that they post) goes and says the EXACT same thing...not necessarily word for word, but pretty gosh darn near it.

Or when people will post a smiley face....that's it, just a smiley face. Seriously? And these people get up to Crackberry Genius status...come on now!

Am I the only one that feels this way? Sorry, it was a long day at work and a long train ride home, so my final buttons just got pushed...
    I know exactly what you mean, there are some who do nothing but welcome people to CB. Can't be anything more than the "I know all because I have 1000+ posts" even though 99% of them are "Welcome to CB" lol
    07-10-08 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD