I have yet to get a 8830(with Alltel and we launch ours next month) but I was on phonescoop just checking out reviews and I found this....

"To Complex and Tiny
    by lukjimskywalker

I returned my VX-9900 today because I saw the new Blackberry 8300. First impression on this was holly cow, cool looking, slick,alot of tools and accessorys to add to it, just what I was willing to spend the extra $$ for

. After spending half of my day with it, I'm returning it to going back to my vx-9900. I think it would be really great if the dang keys where not so tiny on the blackberry. I dont have large fingers, but the design of the keys and closeness of them I cant bear with any longer. Im not extremly please with the overall broadband service with verizon also. I guess Im just used to my 10MB's a sec speed and waiting for something to load on this blackberry is like going back to dial up.

Not to happy that AIM and MSN isnt loaded on it either unless you pay a fee. I think the phones price should cover this.

Pros: Slick design, silver looking, alot of
    features.

Cons: Extremly small keyboard,accessorys I would like you have to pay for(msn,aim). To complex".

Now I would like to comment on his comment!!

I had a chance to play with a 8830 and the keys are NOT that small and I have big fingers! As far as speed on his "9900" vs a 8830, DUH the 9900 is going to be faster its a PHONE!!! The BB does A LOT more then just dial a number! Aim and MSN... YOU CAN GET FREE PROGRAMS WITH THESE!!! I mean come on do some searching!!!

Sorry I went on a venting rage, but I think EVERYONE should carry a BB!
    A BB is like a wife/husband its not perfect but we have to love it for what it can do and doesn't do.
    06-04-07 06:19 AM
    As sad as it sounds, some people just don't know about certain things, and thus the lack of research causes one to make a bad judgement, or a bad purchase...

Am sure in time, that person will be back to BlackBerry. Albeit might not be a 8800, but...
    06-04-07 06:43 AM
    Clarification: Are we talking about an 8830 World Edition or 8300 Curve here???
    06-04-07 08:32 AM
    the phonescoop review is about 8830, the quoted coment posted above is from one of the users... it was prob just a type-o, so on the quoted text replace 8300 for 8830
    06-04-07 09:09 AM
    I went with the Pearl instead.
    06-19-07 11:14 PM
    Hey Cleach360,
    You caught my attention with the info that Alltel is going to release the 8830!
    Do you know the release date?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-07 06:52 PM
    Nothing on earth is perfect.
    07-07-07 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD