Me and a friend of mine was having a casual discussion and then it turned to phones (he has an iphone) he went on to say his bill was due which happens to be $3**.04 ??!!?? I lost my mind are you serious ??? He went on to say That since he had the phone he has not paid under $200 I think he has lost his mind .... I told him to get a bb but he's stuck I just don't get it I could never pay that much !!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 06:59 AM
    As much as we should all focus on obliterating the iPhone and iPhone users from the world, what does the phone have to do with the bill? Maybe the guy just can't keep his mouth shut or he downloads too much pr0n?
    04-21-10 07:40 AM
    Sounds like he's using the iPhone without a data plan (big mistake). I personally don't see what's so great about the iPad and the iPhone. What can they do that a Berry can't? They can't even copy/paste or run multiple apps.
    04-21-10 11:49 AM
    actually he is making international calls ... big mistake !!!
    04-21-10 12:17 PM
    BB is soo much better
    04-21-10 12:23 PM
    Well, I don't pay any less than $95 a month, and I find that a little outrageous. Imagine $300!
    04-23-10 02:58 PM
    well if he is making International calls and don't have that on his plan, then why so surprised? Makes sense to me.

Must have money to burn though...

04-25-10 09:07 AM
    yeah I wouldn't mind having a spare $300 to throw at a cell bill... Heck, I could get 2 berries hooked up with 3gb data, 500 daytime minutes (unlimited evening/weekends) voicemail+call display+unlimited texting for $200 total... and with my usage 500mb is enough!

case of more money then brains perhaps? (the few hardcore iPhone users I know seem to fall into that camp)
    04-25-10 10:01 AM
    well if he is making International calls and don't have that on his plan, then why so surprised? Makes sense to me.

Must have money to burn though...

Trust me he does not have money to burn ... I have tried over and over again to convince him to switch to bb but I guess he like wasting money !!!

05-02-10 09:32 AM
    It is his money, let him do as he pleases with it.

Especially if he has money to burn, who cares....besides you I guess.

05-02-10 12:12 PM
    What does have a BB have to do with him making internation phone calls? Does RIM have some secret free international calling code? No. His bill would be the same.
    05-02-10 12:50 PM
    Trust me he does not have money to burn ... I have tried over and over again to convince him to switch to bb but I guess he like wasting money !!!

I doubt it's the iPhone.

You said he is making international calls right? I'm always getting charged an extra 30-50$ a month just for texting international numbers.
    05-02-10 05:42 PM
    If he's making international calls, then the issue has nothing to do with the iPhone or a BB, calls are calls and international rates will apply. Personally, I'd tell him to get Skype (if that even runs on an iPhone, not sure). Or, call from a landline and get one of those international pre-paid plans. I had one, calls to the UK were .02/min. I'm not sure of the purpose of the original post and why you left that little tidbit out. He wants/needs to call internationally, that's his business.
    05-02-10 05:48 PM
    your phone bill should never be more than your rent .
    05-04-10 08:42 PM
    Agreed. Tell him to get Skype and call from there.
    05-06-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD